The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to kill Eludin the cannibal?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
How do I kill Eludin the cannibal? He always regenerates his HP by eating corpses.

It's the last boss in Orcrest. I am waiting some time for other players to appear.

I used to have kinda ok DPS a few weeks ago, now my stamina DK orc seems to be slightly buggy.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try bashing him when he's eating a corpse? I haven't seen this boss but it sounds like the same mechanic that some monsters, like spiders, use.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, which skill should I use?

Lava Whip 1?
    Emporering chains IV?
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You hit left and right mouse buttons at the same time. To bash.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @fetito666 When you see a creature emaning red sparks, bash it (hit L2+R2) to interrupt whatever it is doing.
    Edited by redlink1979 on October 31, 2019 4:31PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    I do that but then his HP is already full again in the Orcrest group dungeon.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    @fetito666 When you see a creature emaning red sparks, bash it (hit L2+R2) to interrupt whatever it is doing.

I use Windows and a mouse.

Can I bash with a bow or do I have to switch back to the 2H Axe?
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    He even regenerates if he is not eating corpses.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @fetito666 yes you can bash it using a keyboard n mouse but I don't know what's your layout (which keys are setup for which action).

Use block+attack to bash enemies.

I mentioned R2+L2 because I'm a console player and that's my layout.

PS - if you aren't aware of all the actions you can perform, turn on the tool tip. Hit "Options" > "Settings" > "Combat"
    Edited by redlink1979 on October 31, 2019 4:47PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok I remember this fight. I just kept fighting - eventually he stopped regenerating and I was able to wear him down.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to learn to interrupt. Any monster that has red Sparks around it can be interrupted. So when you see one sparking you can bash him or use a skill that has an interrupt. For magica characters you can use crushing shock from the destruction staff skill line. It is a morph force shock.
  • Zephard
    Zephard
    ✭✭✭
    You can bash with anything, or nothing, if you had no weapon and no sheild, you can still bash. That is fundamental function.

I will agree even with bashing, many times for me he had already refilled back to max health. As a tank, I just don't do enough damage. And I am use to needing to bash.

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also I believe he eats the adds you kill. You can try keeping them alive.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Issue resolved. I was able to kill him by leaving the adds alive.

I still wonder why there is a huge delay between bashing and him regenerating his health.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DO Not Kill any of his adds. If he can't feed he can't heal. (I feel like I am a echo lol)
    Edited by drkfrontiers on October 31, 2019 7:05PM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even remember any adds xD

Magplar power!
    PC EU
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't kill the adds, so he can't eat and regenerate HP.

Then full dps on the boss. That's how I did it.