The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

cant pick up glenmoril maps anymore?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When i pick up the weapon i dont get teh weapon motif in my inventory but the treasure map remains... anyone else has this?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, reloading UI helped me.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen once. I ran away from the purple beam of light until the stormy spooky environment went back to normal then returned to purple light and could loot the style page.
    Master Craftsman!
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that when I got "interrupted" by a critter while collecting the weapon page, just ran away a bit and came back to collect it like you would a duplicate survey.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i pick up the weapon i dont get teh weapon motif in my inventory but the treasure map remains... anyone else has this?

Did you agro something on the way? I just went round collecting several maps and in places where that happened, I'd agro'd something, even though it still let me interact with the motif location.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

Did you agro something on the way? I just went round collecting several maps and in places where that happened, I'd agro'd something, even though it still let me interact with the motif location.

maybe...i did reload the ui a couple times but it didnt help so far...
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nemesis7884 -

1. Check if the map is still in your inventory?
    2. Port out to another zone. Open the map and go back to the spot.
    3. Make sure you are not in Combat while picking it.

If all of above fails, send a ticket to ZOS.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    I had that when I got "interrupted" by a critter while collecting the weapon page, just ran away a bit and came back to collect it like you would a duplicate survey.
    Yes, think other players picking up will also interrupt. As you say moving away and back in solves the problem.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    @Nemesis7884 -

1. Check if the map is still in your inventory?
    2. Port out to another zone. Open the map and go back to the spot.
    3. Make sure you are not in Combat while picking it.

If all of above fails, send a ticket to ZOS.

yeah already did all that, didnt help...gonna restart the game and see what happens but thx :-)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    Yes, think other players picking up will also interrupt. As you say moving away and back in solves the problem.

I don't know, I was going for one yesterday and there were two other players there, one who was just getting the motif and the other who was running up at the same time I was. It didn't interfere with me being able to pick up the motif.

I wonder if it might be a simple lag issue, similar to when you kill a group of MOBs in a delve or dungeon but then you can't loot their corpses until you go some distance away and come back?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    happened to me yesterday, running away and back did not help, but then I logged out on the spot, and when I logged back I could pick it up.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me and a friend several times the other day. For us it was always being “in combat” (even with no mobs in sight) that stopped us from picking up the page. Thanks to the fact that mobs follow you all over the map and refuse to go home until they reach you, combined with the bug that can keep you in combat even when nothing is aggroed, it can be very frustrating to pick these up.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    mobs follow you all over the map and refuse to go home until they reach you

... and when you finally turn to attack them, they run away and you don't even get the satisfaction of killing them for trash XP.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!