The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

First person shooter mechanics BGs?

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
So I recently went into BGs with high stam recov, medium armor, cost reduction, etc.

I went to fight some people and noticed my stamina was drained almost instantly... over and over again... Not only that my jabs did negligible damage to them...when I did get to wail on them...

There was no way in my mind that this could be happening.. I was about to send the game an FU and log the F off... but just before I did...

I ran to go get my hunding rage,

of Truth,

molag kena,

swiched all my stam recov glphs to weapon damage,

removed dubious camoran for more health and stamina,

switched to flawless dawnbreaker..

Loaded 3 fighters guilds skills on my bar,

put on toppling charge instead of dizzy swing to conserve stamina,

and made sure I put poisons of draining and cost increase on my weapons....

Then I rolled back into BGs.... I crouched and walked around hidden... waiting for somebody to be spawned alone....
I use the 2 hander rally to put up my weapon damage...

Toppling charge!!!!
Flawless Dawnbreaker
Light Attack, Light attack (Redguard Kena)
JAB, JAB ,JAB!!! RIPPING THROUGH ANY DEFENSES!!!
Pop stam potion
Jab, Jab, jab....

Crouch if you can and let that stam go back up.slowly but surely.. and repeat... of course this usually does not happen...and you die once they see you...
However, once a team sees you in BGs you are usually dead anyways...

I don't bother to heal (most of the time the jabs must be sustained), roll dodge, break free, or block..

So in a sense it has, for me come down to, who can get the stun off first and dump as much damage into the other person... sustain doesn't mean anything anymore...
Once I get new moons golded I think that should help me...

Run to the nearest person blast them fast...respawn rinse repeat... It kinda reminds me of a first person shooter...

Wanna put PoTL on me? Wanna use your skills? I am coming after u and jabbing u to death.. No executes, No stupid PoTL, no BS.
Straight forward attack..I am predictable... but powerful...

Don't think Just JAB...

Now, of course I went back to my sustain build on my stamplar... and then put the set above on an NB and DK B)

Stamplar I have to pull a thanos and sacrifice everything for jabs..

The latters, I can cloak or hold 2k stam recov while having such high weapon damages.

Yes there is obviously a "META" stamplar build out there but I won't follow it...take your trash max stam and shove your stupid light where it don't shine...

If I am going to lose my resourses fast anyways might as well go out with a bang...I did not try radial sweep with jabs...the burning light procs probably would have helped more...

• BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the point of this post to say stamplar is bad?
    Options
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tdlr; Built for sustain. Didn't have damage. Build for damage didn't have sustain but got kills and died. I'm content with the latter. I like playing that way.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
    Options
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. This post is all over the place.
    Options
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very cool
    Options
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool story bud!
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burst damage is generally good in PVP, yes...
    Options
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like eating a rock now
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nosecookie wrote: »
    Hello. This post is all over the place.

Have to agree. It reads like a meandering ramble than anything else. Could not make out what point OP was trying to make outside of experiencing challenges.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag kena with stam non-recovery food, all damage sets and glyphs.

Explains everything.
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a mess - No damage; then builds full damage but hides in stealth, on a Stamplar.

People who play like this shouldn't be talking about mechanics or anything else for that matter.

It's really not that hard to manage resources.
    Edited by BNOC on October 30, 2019 2:55PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this run thru multiple online translators? Why are you hiding in stealth if you’re a stamplar?
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    What a mess - No damage; then builds full damage but hides in stealth, on a Stamplar.

People who play like this shouldn't be talking about mechanics or anything else for that matter.

exactly,
    well said
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 30, 2019 3:28PM
    Options
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is "high" stam recovery? 2k is generally enough for me to feel like sustain is basically endless. Pretty easy to achieve 2k recovery and 3-4k wep damage on a middle-of-the-road (i.e. non-META) build.. which should be enough unless you're fighting a tank.. in which case just pick a different target.

Your "don't think just JAB" method will only work until you come up against a halfway decent player.

And a Templar in stealth?? Shame.
    Options
  • scubasteve28
    scubasteve28
    ✭✭
    This post lowered my iq
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people write text walls. Others are the opposite extreme it seems.

So you found out you can down players if you stack damage instead of sustain. I don't see how first person shooters have anything to do with this.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTF did I just read?
    Options
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP next time use an actual build instead of whatever garbage you come up with. Molag Kena in 2019 hahahahaha (ok fengrush)
    Options
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like eating a rock now

I read that as something else lol.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first, I thought this was a complaint about building for sustain but still not having any sustain.

By the end, though, I have no idea what's going on here.

Not to be rude, OP, but this post is a mess...
    Options
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Words etc.
    Options