The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hollowfang or Worm?

Fiewiel
Fiewiel
✭✭✭
I do not know anyone using Hollowfang but on paper it looks good. Which of the both sets has more practical uses, if magic users are present?
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm. Always active. Hollow fang is at best 333 mag a second, for those in the proc. Worm has a 28 meter range vs 6 with hollowfang. And I am pretty sure the proc is limited to 6 Allies, worm is 12.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on October 30, 2019 12:50AM
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Depends.

In some Vet endgame content Hollowfang performs really good being, basically, a sustain+healing set (it also gives the same buff as sanctuary set).

In vSS, for example, placed on the group healer it helps a lot if there are at least a couple mDD. The tanks and healers will always love the magicka refound so you just need 2 magDD to make it good for half the group (both tanks, both healers, the 2 mDD) while the stamDDs will only have use of the heal buff.

As a main tank I can tell you how much I love that red orb while facing Yolnahkriin: it helps cause of the healbuff and gives me magicka to shield/heal myself more.

Since the set procs on both criticall hits than heals there's always one of those around and I don't really have to do much to get in the orb, it usually spawns just where I am.

Keep in mind this could be a problem in different fights if, for example, DDs and Healers are forced to stay ranged from boss (most orbs will spawn on boss or main tank position).
    It's defo not a good set in vAS for this reason.

Another situation where Hollow Fang helps a lot is in dealing Baneful Mark on vCR; when it procs it gives both magicka and an healbuff that partially counters the mark. The extra magicka will be used by Tanks to use more selfheals (buffed by an extra 8% from HF) and help healer in healing the mark quick.

TL;DR

Sanctuary would do better in terms of healing (100% buff uptime+wider range) than Hollow Fang
    Worm would do better in terms of pure sustain (100% buff uptime+ wider range) than Hollow Fang

Hollow Fang falls in a middle-ground if you ask me and can have some nice uses even tho i would not keep it as "standard" set in any dungeon i'd farm it for some specific content where it can shine.
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the fight. Worm is far better in fights that encourage the group to be spread out, such as vAS but Hollowfang is the superior choice in content that requires lots of group stacking, such as vCR. So I would switch between them based on what content I'm doing. If you have to pick just 1 set though, worm is more versatile.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »
    I do not know anyone using Hollowfang but on paper it looks good. Which of the both sets has more practical uses, if magic users are present?

Why not both!?

Symphony of Blades, Worm Cult, Hollowfang. Tons of sustain for the Mag users.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for answers. Im going with worm. Reasons are
    - already have it, only lightning staff is missing
    - hollowfang is only good farmed with a guild and Im pugging mostly
    - only good for player clumps. As my guild is very casual and often everyone is running around somewhere...
    - slow. 2 sec is way too slow for my taste
    - I cant control the proc. I aoe hot the dps and shard the tank (templar). No way I can control it, which leads to 9sec cd
    - I dont like spell crit on a heal set and no mag recovery outside the proc
    I will put the set on a mule and get the pieces with the pledges. Might take some months.
    Symphony of Blades, Worm Cult, Hollowfang. Tons of sustain for the Mag users.
    On of my setups is bogdan, olorime and worm. Symphony is a slot in if needed.
    I normally run heal set + sustain set + monster helm and olorime is too strong to pass. If Im 2nd healer its an option though. At this moment Im building more sets to have options depending on situation.
    Also, looking at one of the last guild performances in esologs, ressources, or the lack of, wasnt a big factor.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »

TL;DR

Sanctuary would do better in terms of healing (100% buff uptime+wider range) than Hollow Fang
    Worm would do better in terms of pure sustain (100% buff uptime+ wider range) than Hollow Fang

Hollow Fang falls in a middle-ground if you ask me and can have some nice uses even tho i would not keep it as "standard" set in any dungeon i'd farm it for some specific content where it can shine.

Not really. Sanctuary has a range of 10m, which is pretty terrible, unless you're tightly stacked, which is the exact condition needed to make Hollowfang preferable.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero