The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Volendrung

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
I think volendrung is the most STUPID thing to ever happen to this game.
now i dont care about who controls the most keeps, but when it lets a zerg take every keep in cyro, it gets annoying for players in the other alliances
it doesnt help that the player with it has 40k hp, and is surrounded by an army of tanks, healers, and zerglings all ready to zerg you down in the 5fps that is cyrodill.
it makes it impossibe to get into small scale when you have no keeps to travel to.
also, it takes keeps in a literal minute. 60 secs. before the zerg can mow down every player inside.
it unbalances cyro the moment an alliance picks it up. even the one that im playing on feels too op.
please, for all skilled players in cyrodill (aka not zerglings)
get rid of it
Edited by ThePhantomThorn on October 26, 2019 8:55PM
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be fair, a really good emperor can do the same thing the hammer can

as for what alliance gets it, or if an already winning faction gets it, that's a problem
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »

as for what alliance gets it, or if an already winning faction gets it, that's a problem

That in itself is not really the problem ... because Volendrung spawns based on the current map in favor of the weakest faction.

The problem is the lemmings on the weaker faction ignoring the spawn altogether.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That in itself is not really the problem ... because Volendrung spawns based on the current map in favor of the weakest faction.

The problem is the lemmings on the weaker faction ignoring the spawn altogether.

incorrect. Volundong spawns completely random, regardless of winning or losing faction at the moment or at the campaign.

i think that's the problem.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

incorrect. Volundong spawns completely random, regardless of winning or losing faction at the moment or at the campaign.

can you prove that? i have noticed inconsistent spawns based on scoring / potential pts--just wondering
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can prove it. I have a screenshot on my Twitter where the map is mostly blue, they have every single scroll, they have emp, and the hammer spawned behind their gates.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last Tuesday about 7pm CST on PC/NA/Kaal

jwtEU6F.jpg
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last Tuesday about 7pm CST on PC/NA/Kaal

jwtEU6F.jpg

this....

exactly my point.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

can you prove that? i have noticed inconsistent spawns based on scoring / potential pts--just wondering

i dont take screenshot, crappy laptop. but look at all other replies or just visit Kaal NA PC for a couple hours.

in fact, the last 2 months, not ONCE so far I've seen Volundong pops at the faction with the least score or potential points.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 EU, EP won 3 months straight from July to September. During that time, I don't think I ever saw Volendrung spawn at EP territory, even when other alliances were pushing the map.

Last and this month DC has won the campaign by a distance, and I still haven't seen Volendrung spawn at EP territory.

I seriously doubt the spawn is completely random..
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung is made bad.. Only losing faction should have option to pick up hammer and when player carying it get killed it should spawn in nearest keep of that losing faction.. Now winning faction take hammer from losing / less populated and use it to get even more points