The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

700 Slots for Wraithhome are not enough

Lazarus_Rising
Lazarus_Rising
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

i know that is a reoccuring request to increase the amount of slots for houses and it is displayed again in the Wraithhome. There are so much rooms and we are already full with not even half of the house furnished yet. I think you know yourself that this is not enough so pls add some more slots for it or houses in general!

also known as Overlich.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a recurring request. And you won't like the answer we've gotten.

ZOS has already made it pretty clear that 700 is their max due to performance in their ESO Live on April 26, 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5MzzniD4

Housing Section starts at 17:00

This isnt quite an exact transcript, but its close enough for anyone who doesnt want to watch the video.

Item Slots - "One of people's biggest concerns. They are there for performance reasons. We really can't go above current limits right now. We've selected current limits to give people a balance between the different objects you might want to place in your home, and its really important to us that - even if maybe your rig would work at a higher count - that anyone who's playing hte game could still go into your house and have a good experience. Its really important to us that the community can share in that way. So that's the reason for the limits being the way they are right now."
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS has already made it pretty clear that 700 is their max due to performance in their ESO Live on April 26, 2019.

This isnt quite an exact transcript, but its close enough for anyone who doesnt want to watch the video.

Item Slots - "One of people's biggest concerns. They are there for performance reasons. We really can't go above current limits right now. We've selected current limits to give people a balance between the different objects you might want to place in your home, and its really important to us that - even if maybe your rig would work at a higher count - that anyone who's playing hte game could still go into your house and have a good experience. Its really important to us that the community can share in that way. So that's the reason for the limits being the way they are right now."

So they are aware that the furnishings are causing performance issues yet they still release massive houses which you can never furnish fully for ridiculous prices. Wow.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the problem what i have. This is my first house and i had no experience with how much furnishing i will need. Now i feel like i wasted my crowns (and money) for a house which could be awesome if there are more slots. It makes me sad to have it almost hollow at some areas. Well Lesson learned i guess. Hope they will still add some more slots to the house - 1k slots overall would already do it i guess.
    also known as Overlich.
  • Nefi87
    Nefi87
    ✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    So they are aware that the furnishings are causing performance issues yet they still release massive houses which you can never furnish fully for ridiculous prices. Wow.

THIS!

1k slots overall would already do it i guess.

and this...

House worth of 14 k crowns you wont ever be able to really furnish... And let's not forget that it is also glitchy and buggy as hell.

Make the houses cheaper or add some slots, it's very simple.

Edited by Nefi87 on October 28, 2019 10:38PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS have been releasing homes which are too big for the cap for a really long time, because they know that people will still purchase them regardless! Even releasing a 'medium' home to them means giving it a 400 limit, even if it is the size of a large home, they don't care if we can decorate them or not, they only care about what we will spend on them, and advertising a home as medium when it isn't, or selling a unique home like Wraithhome will get those sales when people are unaware of the issues!!! It is like a dps queuing as a tank to get into a dungeon faster! It's all false advertising.

I would suggest checking YouTube before purchasing a big house, because myself and many other creators always check them thoroughly on PTS before release and talk about the item limits in them as well as any other issues, although considering Potentates retreat got only 1 video of it decorated due to other housing creators having enough of ZOS lately, I'm not sure how much of an option this will be in future, sadly, but for the older homes, it is something people have talked about allot :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on October 28, 2019 11:33PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nefi87 wrote: »

THIS!

1k slots overall would already do it i guess.

and this...

House worth of 14 k crowns you wont ever be able to really furnish... And let's not forget that it is also glitchy and buggy as hell.

Make the houses cheaper or add some slots, it's very simple.

Yes! And if they truly cannot raise the limit, they should be selling homes which work with 700 items! But wait... That would make them smaller! So they would have to charge us less.... :cold_sweat:

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree! Tel Galen is the largest home on my wish list because I would never buy a home I feel I wouldn’t be able to decorate to my satisfaction.
    This is the problem what i have. This is my first house and i had no experience with how much furnishing i will need. Now i feel like i wasted my crowns (and money) for a house which could be awesome if there are more slots. It makes me sad to have it almost hollow at some areas. Well Lesson learned i guess. Hope they will still add some more slots to the house - 1k slots overall would already do it i guess.

I am very sorry to hear that! :( I do not know what style / theme / etc. you are going for, but it definitely can help to use larger “pre-filled” furnishings — after all, a full Alinor bookshelf and a single book are both one item slot but obviously contribute much differently to the look and feel of a room. It is unfortunate that the Coldharbour furnishing pack returned to the Crown store before Wraithhome as it had many large book cases and daedric furnishings which would work well there.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I personally blocked off some areas to be able to decorate this home on the PTS, because 700 really was not enough! It's sad to have to do that in homes that you purchase, I hate having to do it, it's really sad because you buy a home that you love and want to make it yours, how you envision it to be in your mind! And they aren't cheap either! But I find that it becomes allot less stressful when you just decide on the areas you want to work on, and block off others sometimes in the homes that are too big!

• EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is why I am buying no more homes until we get an increase.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i find their excuse to be a poor one.
    i mean 750 would surly not cause rpoblems for players with lower rig computers and if its consoles they are worried about then they should increase it for pc players and suffer the backlash.

That or the give us the option to buy more bigger items to fill up said homes i mean a while back a datamined windmill was shown and would easily fill a large space in open areas but i have yet to see a mention of such item since.

The items also need to avaliable perminatly not for a limited time as well.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Totally agree! Tel Galen is the largest home on my wish list because I would never buy a home I feel I wouldn’t be able to decorate to my satisfaction.

I am very sorry to hear that! :( I do not know what style / theme / etc. you are going for, but it definitely can help to use larger “pre-filled” furnishings — after all, a full Alinor bookshelf and a single book are both one item slot but obviously contribute much differently to the look and feel of a room. It is unfortunate that the Coldharbour furnishing pack returned to the Crown store before Wraithhome as it had many large book cases and daedric furnishings which would work well there.

I saw the House in the leaks and i took preparation so i got both of the coldharbour furnishing and also hollowjack one. We furnish together and made a spooky garden, a skeleton factory / Torture chamber, a library and a bedroom. There is still the cathedral to be made and one of the balconies and like 3 rooms and a whole side of the house. Its feels crazy empty on most of the parts but looks awesome in general. The thing is i never had the intention to make a house but i was convinced and when i saw that house available i could not resists. This would be such an awesome necromancer/spooky/halloween house.
    Maybe i should try to get a refund but i couldn't find a house more matching. Maybe an old manor or something. It just a lot of crowns(money) which is wasted a bit now. But we try to fill it up maybe we can make it work in anyway.
    also known as Overlich.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally blocked off some areas to be able to decorate this home on the PTS, because 700 really was not enough! It's sad to have to do that in homes that you purchase, I hate having to do it, it's really sad because you buy a home that you love and want to make it yours, how you envision it to be in your mind! And they aren't cheap either! But I find that it becomes allot less stressful when you just decide on the areas you want to work on, and block off others sometimes in the homes that are too big!

That's truly not a bad idea. Thank you for the advice!
    also known as Overlich.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

I saw the House in the leaks and i took preparation so i got both of the coldharbour furnishing and also hollowjack one. We furnish together and made a spooky garden, a skeleton factory / Torture chamber, a library and a bedroom. There is still the cathedral to be made and one of the balconies and like 3 rooms and a whole side of the house. Its feels crazy empty on most of the parts but looks awesome in general. The thing is i never had the intention to make a house but i was convinced and when i saw that house available i could not resists. This would be such an awesome necromancer/spooky/halloween house.
    Maybe i should try to get a refund but i couldn't find a house more matching. Maybe an old manor or something. It just a lot of crowns(money) which is wasted a bit now. But we try to fill it up maybe we can make it work in anyway.

Glad you got those packs! I understand your frustration. Some of these estates are so large, it doesn’t seem right to charge so much more and yet keep the item limit at 700. :/ Ideally, we’d all love to see the item limits increased (I’d be god to pay for item limit increases on some smaller homes and inns, and certainly these large homes people have already paid a lot for should get it automatically). Otherwise, there need to be more larger set pieces, as were made for Elsweyr, but in a great variety of options and styles, and/or different areas of large houses should be separated by loading screens to each have 700 item counts (such as inside and outside of the Psijic Villa), although that may not be a workable option for the Wraithhome.
  • Penitent_Sorc
    Penitent_Sorc
    ✭✭
    I do not have this home, but as an owner of a notable home, I also believe 700 slots is really not enough. I could probably use that many to complete my garden. Also, 10 mount/pet slots is way, way too small. I'm sure there are many of us who would have a house just to be able to display all of those items together.
    Emperor of Tamriel