The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Lack of ESO+ Yearly Sub Benefits.

Goregrinder
Goregrinder
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I was going to buy the yearly sub because you get 19800 crowns right away, but since I already have ESO+ the only thing I gain is 19800 crowns.....and not having to get notified by paypal every month that $14.99 was billed to me. Because for only $10 more, you can just buy 21000 crowns and get them the moment your MOP is billed, and still have the option to cancel ESO+.

With that said, it would be nice if ESO added some other in game rewards for ESO+ Yearly sub members, similar to other MMO Life Time subs (such asd STO). Most of them offer vet reward unlocks, which is something ESO does not have, but they could offer a few exclusive skins (Mount, Armor motif, furniture, special dye colors, etc). Because as of now, there is really no point to buying a yearly sub unless you do not currently have ESO+ AND you want 20k crowns.

• WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to have this reward system. In 2014, the Q4 subscription reward, (had to be subbed for the year) was the exclusive tiger mount. I believe Q3 was a costume and I’m unsure of the first two.

I don’t know why they stopped this incentive. Could be a great marketing idea if they released the schedule at the start of a new year
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    They used to have this reward system. In 2014, the Q4 subscription reward, (had to be subbed for the year) was the exclusive tiger mount. I believe Q3 was a costume and I’m unsure of the first two.

I don’t know why they stopped this incentive. Could be a great marketing idea if they released the schedule at the start of a new year

Damn I honestly don't remember that at all and I started at launch haha but yeah I don't know why they got rid of it. That is honestly what the yearly sub needs.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn I honestly don't remember that at all and I started at launch haha but yeah I don't know why they got rid of it. That is honestly what the yearly sub needs.

Yep, towards the beginning there were mounts and pets for loyalty rewards
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I was going to buy the yearly sub because you get 19800 crowns right away, but since I already have ESO+ the only thing I gain is 19800 crowns.....and not having to get notified by paypal every month that $14.99 was billed to me. Because for only $10 more, you can just buy 21000 crowns and get them the moment your MOP is billed, and still have the option to cancel ESO+

Interesting perspective!
    I actually figured that unless there was a big Crown sale on, people who wanted more Crowns would have just extended their subscription instead of buying Crowns straight.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 x 11.66 = Like 140$? For 19,800 Crowns.
    And to buy outright it's 150 for 21,000
    So that makes it .0070 Cents per Crowns for the 12 month.
    Or .0071 Cents per Crown for the 150$ outright.

So it's actually just barely more cost effective to do the 12 month subscription; of course excluding any other benefits (Free furniture, craft bags, crown store discount at select items, double furnishing space, double bank space, and DLC access are probably the main used ones.)

Plus we technically do get the yearly sub rewards currently in the form of the statuettes. But yeah I'd agree they should really add more benefits for the sub. Stuff not just for housing decorates but cosmetic people as well. (Special dyes maybe? Free dye packs? Not sure tbh. Maybe hair styles?)
    Edited by Kittytravel on October 25, 2019 3:04AM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So it's actually just barely more cost effective to do the 12 month subscription; of course excluding any other benefits (Free furniture, craft bags, crown store discount at select items, double furnishing space, double bank space, and DLC access are probably the main used ones.)

Plus we technically do get the yearly sub rewards currently in the form of the statuettes. But yeah I'd agree they should really add more benefits for the sub. Stuff not just for housing decorates but cosmetic people as well. (Special dyes maybe? Free dye packs? Not sure tbh. Maybe hair styles?)

Yeah it's barely a savings, and not a real benefit for those who already have ESO+ benefits unlocked. They could have all kinds of rewards like furniture, dyes, title, mount, armor and weapon skin, etc. Would make it more competitive choice between getting 21,000 immediately, OR 19,800 crowns when your current sub ends plus the yearly rewards pack.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your argument fails as much as OP's

OP is already paying 14.99/m for a subscription. Changing to an annual subscription would save them 41.88/y. OP fails to take that into consideration and you leave out they already paying for the sub to begin with.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was going to buy the yearly sub because you get 19800 crowns right away, but since I already have ESO+ the only thing I gain is 19800 crowns.....and not having to get notified by paypal every month that $14.99 was billed to me.

The sentence above is the basis for OP's argument yet it is an incorrect statement. OP makes a false statement that the only thing they have to gain is 19800 crowns and not getting notified each month paypal makes the payment.

OP would save 41.88/y with the annual sub vs monthly.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only play this game for a month or two at a time but I sub when I play because I find the game plays better with the sub. A lot of people do NOT subscribe, though...

And it's bizarre to me that ZOS doesn't put more incentives into the subscription to entice people to use it. Little statues aren't enough. The quarterly rewards coming back would definitely be nice.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    So I was going to buy the yearly sub because you get 19800 crowns right away, but since I already have ESO+ the only thing I gain is 19800 crowns.....and not having to get notified by paypal every month that $14.99 was billed to me.

The sentence above is the basis for OP's argument yet it is an incorrect statement. OP makes a false statement that the only thing they have to gain is 19800 crowns and not getting notified each month paypal makes the payment.

OP would save 41.88/y with the annual sub vs monthly.

I already stated that the yearly sub is $10 cheaper.

Yearly sub: $139 with 19,800 crowns.

Max crown pack: $149 with 21,000 crowns.

$180 vs $149 is a savings yes....over time, assuming I keep my monthly sub active for 12 months. But if I only sub for one month, that is $149 + $15....so....I saved $25 in that case for....what? Less crowns? So I pay less and get less crowns....I pay more and get more crowns.

I am speaking from the instant gratification standpoint, not 12 months of waiting. In order for me to save that $40, I would have to already be planning to pay the monthly sub for 12 months. If I am staring at the crown store page, and ALREADY have ESO+, There is no reason for me to sub for a year, there is no benefit at that point, especially if I don't plan to sub for 12 more months.. I don't care about saving the money, that is why I am buying $150 worth of crowns. Bringing loyalty rewards back would definitely make me want to buy yearly subs even if I only play 2 months out of the year.

My point is that ESO should have some level tier sub option that fits the "life time sub" spot that other MMOs do, even if they never introduce a life time sub. Bring loyalty rewards back, give special mount, armor, weapon skins, a pet, maybe special Vet dyes, etc. There is currently nothing that fills that spot, and I think it is a wasted opportunity.
    Edited by Goregrinder on October 25, 2019 5:12PM
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Your argument fails as much as OP's

OP is already paying 14.99/m for a subscription. Changing to an annual subscription would save them 41.88/y. OP fails to take that into consideration and you leave out they already paying for the sub to begin with.

Nobody was arguing so thanks for needlessly implying that?

I also intentionally left out the sub amount for 14.99 in addition to buying the crowns due to the fact that original OP was talking about measuring them between buying a yearly sub for 19,800 Crowns or buying the crown pack for 21,000 Crowns. Because measuring it on the basis of "14.99 + a 21,000 crown pack" and "11.99 a month and a 21,000 crown pack" is always going to be more cost effective at the yearly sub + crown pack mark. I don't think anyone needs me to point that out (or by god I hope not).
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bear in mind that's ALL you got, other than permission to log into the game you'd already bought.

That first year there were no other sub benefits, no XP boost, no gold boost, no craft bag, no costume dying, the only new content added all year was Craglorn and there was no crown store so no sub crowns and no pets, costumes etc. except a tiny selection available in-game and ones from special promotions (mainly for buying real life merchandise as far as I remember) and no mounts except the 4 horses available for gold and the white one from the Imperial Edition.

You can see the items (2 pets, a costume and a mount) which were given out as loyalty rewards here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Loyalty_Program

When they switched to buy-to-play they kind of marketed the crown store and ESO+ crowns as a 'choose your own loyalty reward' thing. Instead of having something you may or may not want added to your account once per quarter you got crowns every month and could choose what to spend them on.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Bear in mind that's ALL you got, other than permission to log into the game you'd already bought.

That first year there were no other sub benefits, no XP boost, no gold boost, no craft bag, no costume dying, the only new content added all year was Craglorn and there was no crown store so no sub crowns and no pets, costumes etc. except a tiny selection available in-game and ones from special promotions (mainly for buying real life merchandise as far as I remember) and no mounts except the 4 horses available for gold and the white one from the Imperial Edition.

You can see the items (2 pets, a costume and a mount) which were given out as loyalty rewards here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Loyalty_Program

When they switched to buy-to-play they kind of marketed the crown store and ESO+ crowns as a 'choose your own loyalty reward' thing. Instead of having something you may or may not want added to your account once per quarter you got crowns every month and could choose what to spend them on.

Yeah I checked my account last night and I have a 3-month reward pet, I just totally forgot ESO used to have a Vet reward system.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The loyalty program was based on total purchased subscription time, not subscription quarters. So if you went to Best Buy or Target on March 15, 2015, and purchased and redeemed 300 days worth of subscription cards, you earned all the loyalty rewards when Tamriel Unlimited launched a few days later. Some people wound up with a Striped Senche by committing to roughly ten months of ESO+ time.

It would be more challenging now with annual stories, which is why the Chapter Collector Edition offers that type of material once the Chapter has been announced.
    signing off