The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QOL request regarding master writs

pdblake
pdblake
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have some indication on these of whether or not our character can actually make them, ie: do we know enough traits for the set, have the right trait researched and have the motif. Not so bothered about not having the mats to make it, but the knowledge.

It is a pain to have to go to a crafting station to see if I have learned the trait, then search on Google for the set to see how many traits I need, then consult the spreadsheet I have meticulously kept updated (I know they are all in the achievements, but all over the place) to see if I have collected the motif.

The information is all there, it must be because the game knows whether or not I can do the writ or not. Just a tick would do, in the corner, yes you know how to and can make this.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Issue 1 is self solving in time. When you are a full 9 trait crafter, you don't have to look up research or the number of traits on the set.
    For number two, I strongly recommend completing the mages guild story quests on your crafter. Eidetic memory means that you can find all of your motif knowledge in one place in the lore library.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty simple. Look at them before consuming them. I do all of them on one character and I make sure I have the motif to do them.

Also, finish researching the traits. Note which ones you are missing. I assume you are on console of I would recommend the use of addons.

BTW, I am not disagreeing. It is sad Zos treats consoles so poorly.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm on PC, I just don't like having 3rd party add-ons, I don't use any at all. I have completed the mages guild quest line too. I'm not far off researching all the traits either. But all that is beside the point. I am quite capable of looking through everything and deciding whether I can do a writ or not.

This was just a suggestion to make it easier.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a simple tool tip that says you either have or lack the knowledge to make the item the Writ asks for.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see this really being any different than when you look at a recipe, motif or plan from the guild store or a chat link. They tell you if you already know it so you don't have to find a crafting station to look it up. Extending the same thing to writs is only logical with the current scheme of things.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy Idea: PERSONALIZED Writs

You CANNOT trade a Master Writ given to you.
    You get less vouchers than you get now
    BUT you ONLY get writs you CAN do if you had the mats.

Why would you be handed an assignment you couldn't complete? The client doesn't like to wait, you know.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 26, 2019 2:05AM