Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Spooky Season Is Here with the Return of the Witches Festival!"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker - Will the Exorcised Coven Cottage come back and be available for gold?
    It will be available for gold, under the same conditions as previous years.
    haelene wrote: »
    Hmmmmm... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker could you confirm whether or not the drop rate for the writs will be high enough that we will be able to complete the Wicked Writ Initiate achievement on at least one character?
    The writs were designed in a way that players should be able to get the achievements by the end of the event.

Thanks, Sarah! That's pretty good news. We really appreciate you adding new things to the events to collect and that you've designed things to be reasonably obtainable without having to spend event tickets.

I think a lot of us became ill at ease because we saw all these items available for event tickets and were worried that the drop rates would be super low to encourage us to spend event tickets on them, and thus buy more from the Crown Store. It sounds like you're still aiming for CS event tickets to be a way to buy something if you come up a bit short. Like you have 9 tickets at the end of an event and just need one more in order to get the berry. I do hope it stays this way. So far, for me, it has, but I've been pretty dutiful about collecting event tickets (though I skipped the IC event entirely). Also, I do think it's great to have items other than the berries/feathers available for players who have no interest in the indriks.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker - Will the Exorcised Coven Cottage come back and be available for gold?
    It will be available for gold, under the same conditions as previous years.
    haelene wrote: »
    Hmmmmm... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker could you confirm whether or not the drop rate for the writs will be high enough that we will be able to complete the Wicked Writ Initiate achievement on at least one character?
    The writs were designed in a way that players should be able to get the achievements by the end of the event.

Excellent, thank you!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going to be fun trying to get the ‘witch’ title for my main & my necro! 🙃
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope those writ drops are high enough. I really want that witch hat!
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, don't forget to loot the Dolmen boss who's got the Dremora Skull. I ran over to the dolmen chest, got nothing, went "wait a minute" and had to run back to the boss who was buried under a bunch of dead adds where I got my dremora plunder skull.
    :lol:
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you tear open a Plunder Skull, you have a chance to snatch up some of these items:
    Does anyone know whether specifically tearing the skull is required, or can my more circumspect, scholarly characters pry, lift, wedge, crack, or otherwise ease open the skull?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    When you tear open a Plunder Skull, you have a chance to snatch up some of these items:
    Does anyone know whether specifically tearing the skull is required, or can my more circumspect, scholarly characters pry, lift, wedge, crack, or otherwise ease open the skull?

Now I want to smash it on the ground and have it bust open like an overripe pumpkin two weeks after Halloween.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Protip: You can quickslot the Plunder Skull. It makes opening large batches of them a heck of a lot easier.
  • curtis337
    curtis337
    ✭✭
    not if they cant log on
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for not making the witches car a crown gem item!!!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone getting anything good from the purple Plunder Skulls? I see lots of decos (YAY for the Housing Community -- thanks ZOS!) but nothing really good has dropped for me. Only maybe 1 Hollowjack style page <.<
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Anyone getting anything good from the purple Plunder Skulls? I see lots of decos (YAY for the Housing Community -- thanks ZOS!) but nothing really good has dropped for me. Only maybe 1 Hollowjack style page <.<

I got the new gold Pack Leader recipe.
  • vlakipn
    vlakipn
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Why arent Grim Harlequin motif and Boethiah banner awailable on crown store?
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Does the glenumbria style include armor piece ? And if soo, where do we loot/buy them ?
    Also, why is there so many "sword" motif pages in the event store ?
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    any community guides about this new event with new loot table?
    i heard we have new gold recipe now...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: What's the reset timer for dremora plunder skulls and event tickets?

I don't see a specific time mentioned. Last year, dremora plunder skulls were on a 20-hour timer, for each individual boss type. Is that the still the case, or has the timer been set to the much more sensible Dailies reset time?
    Hello,
    Does the glenumbria style include armor piece ? And if soo, where do we loot/buy them ?
    Also, why is there so many "sword" motif pages in the event store ?

You get the Glenmoril Armor Styles from style pages and the weapon outfit styles fron the treasure maps. It makes a light-armor looking robe. Here's the list: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Witches_Festival

Dremora Sword motifs drop from the final trial boss dremora plunder skull and tended to be more expensive last year, which may account for why so many are being sold? Unless you meant a different sword motif.
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's strange, I am sure that, during theses two last days, theses boxes had given me only swords and maces. Multiple maces. Plus two maps leading to the bow and the staff.
    In fact, assuming that the boxes were giving weapon plans, I original believed that my first treasure map would lead me to an armor page. Nope, it was the bow.

Maybe it was a bug, I'll try again after the maintenance.
    Thank you.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: What's the reset timer for dremora plunder skulls and event tickets?

I don't see a specific time mentioned. Last year, dremora plunder skulls were on a 20-hour timer, for each individual boss type. Is that the still the case, or has the timer been set to the much more sensible Dailies reset time?

They are not on 20hr timers. they reset like most everything else does at the regular Daily reset time 2am EST.

NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club