The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dizzy swing can have stone giant treatment

Luckylancer
Luckylancer
✭✭✭✭✭
ZoS unconjugate all stuns from spammables (Dizzy, frags, deep fissure, clench etc.). But they added stone giant, stunning spamable. It is balanced because you have to cast it 3 times. That is fair imo.

If dizzy swing can consume off balance to stun, it will be weaker than old one but it still can stun.

-Enemy will have more time to react if you cast 2 swings.
-You will be rewarded more if you proc off balance from another source, the reward is OPness of old dizzy swing. Enemy will have time to react because they see themself off balanced. So it is still not OP.

This will reward high skill and keep game more balanced.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Dizzying swing is just perfect as it is now.

You land a Dizzy, the target becomes off balance (for 7 LONG seconds and get +10% incoming damage through champion points), then fast cut anim a heavy attack (no need to charge it fully at all) and your target is stun and knockdown on the ground.

It's so much better than it was before.
    Edited by Sarousse on October 24, 2019 8:52AM
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »

Agreed. More control over your burst, less predictable, +10% damage, double resources if you need them
    PC EU
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then fast cut anim a heavy attack (no need to charge it fully at all) and your target is stun and knockdown on the ground.
    You mean to stun an off-balanced target I don't need a heavy attack, but only a medium attack? That doesn't sound intended.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a very short medium attack. Not a light attack, but it's really fast and it's so much fun controlable and makes the gameplay more dynamic. It even works from range with bows :)

Edited by Sarousse on October 24, 2019 9:15AM
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I suggest wont do anything to your play style, it just adds new line to tool kit.

Off balance dont increase your total damage by 10%. It is less than that number in practice.

Medium atack is player-invented term. It is "not fully charged heavy atack" in game.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long does the 10% Off Balance damage bonus linger? Is it when the target is kinda 'staggering' or does it continue after it?
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    No. Dizzying swing is just perfect as it is now.

You land a Dizzy, the target becomes off balance (for 7 LONG seconds and get +10% incoming damage through champion points), then fast cut anim a heavy attack (no need to charge it fully at all) and your target is stun and knockdown on the ground.

Would it still be worth it without cp?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, a very short medium attack. Not a light attack, but it's really fast and it's so much fun controlable and makes the gameplay more dynamic. It even works from range with bows :)

Heavy from staves stuns too, that is my primary way to stun on mag DK so I don't have to run a stun and its unpredictable. No one espects a mag DK to stun with a stave instead of use power lash :D
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium attack is definitely a thing it shows up in death recaps. But I guess I shouldn’t expect the OP of a nerf thread to understand how things work before complaining about them.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on October 24, 2019 5:59PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think stonefist's stun is a good example of a ''skill based'' CC. Outside of 1v1 It is extremely unreliable, and even in 1v1 it is still unreliable and leaves much to be desired, you apply your stun by basically spamming stonefist as long as it takes.

Dizzy swing right now gives you much higher freedom over how you want to fight.