The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Levelling up a Templar tank.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm really enjoying the tank role and I am in the process of making a tank out of each class, in addition to one DD, one healer, and one PvP character.

But I'm looking at Templar skills and it seems to be quite a grind to get any tank related skills early game.

Any tips on how I should level a Templar tank? Would like to level as tank because it helps the skills stay balanced as I level.

TIA
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying the tank role and I am in the process of making a tank out of each class, in addition to one DD, one healer, and one PvP character.

But I'm looking at Templar skills and it seems to be quite a grind to get any tank related skills early game.

Any tips on how I should level a Templar tank? Would like to level as tank because it helps the skills stay balanced as I level.

TIA

I know it's not what you want to hear, but best way i found to lvl templar as tank is A) make it an stamplar or B ) magplar on both you can run s&b and lvl class skills to point where making it into an tank becomes easy, other then that you'll have an hard road ahead as yes tank skills for templar is far down its list of skills. i thank its due to templar has really never been seen as the tank class, just the tanky dps class
    Hope you luck on your build and tho its not what you wanted to hear i hope this helps an lil
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 23, 2019 10:49PM
    Options
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I level my tanks as just that, the role they will be playing. Makes muscle memory and all that all the bteer and you learn the class/role as you go along. But that's just me....
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing you need to level as templar tank is sword, shield, pierce armor skill and probably Puncturing Sweep just in case you get wet noodle DPSers in normal dungeon.
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you all. I appreciate it, as ever.

All your kind words have been duly noted. <3
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what I did to level was just collect (silver leash) all the mobs in an area and try to slowly AoE several mobs.. with sun shield and repentance it doesn't matter how much trash you leash you can't die.
    Options