The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Goutfang Senche-Raht & Pocket Watcher: No

• pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never bought crowns. I do spend the ones that come with the sub, usually on crates because I'm not into cosmetics, mounts or pets really. I use the gems to get riding lessons and crafting scrolls (until I reach master crafter, which isn't far off now).

Aside from that I refuse to do micro-transactions for real money. If I have to spend money beyond the subscription, the answer is always no.

I especially hate pressure selling, these limited time things. The fear of missing out doesn't work on me, if someone selling me something wants an answer right away, that answer is no. I did without whatever it was up until now, I can manage without it in future.

ETA: Oddly enough I have amassed a ton of mounts and pets that I don't use and a load of cosmetic things I've never even looked at.
    Edited by pdblake on October 23, 2019 12:53PM
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    Reading all of these posts make me think of my own spending habits, and I'm starting to ask myself: Do I even play the game anymore? This sounds like a huge wake-up call to me, and that makes me think.

As a full-time student, I find myself being gouged out of my money because of things I like (In which case, Daedric-themed items), for overpriced prices. I'm almost starting to get real sick of it, too, and I feel like other Daedric-loving people like me were targeted by ZOS and their "limited time" deal. Originally, I planned on just saving my crowns and not buying anymore until there were crown sales. I went three months without buying anymore, but still kept my subscription. But then for the last two months, guess what? Nothing but Daedric-themed goods for overpriced prices! Even Wraithhome, the one home I was excited for, was not only overly expensive, but was also in poor quality (Take a closer look, you'll see a lot of inconsistencies and errors with the house!)!

I still love my new home and the Watcher Pet (Because I like making everything Daedric-themed, from characters, mounts, and pets, to houses), but it really makes me sick to my stomach that ZoS keeps gouging people out of their money with these shill tactics. Lower your prices or something, or at least make it so we can EARN the same goods that you dish out in the crown store. I've almost started calling Elder Scrolls Online "Fashion Scrolls Online" myself honestly, because ZoS keeps destroying their game with garbage from nerfs Nirn-wide, to extremely expensive items in the crownstore of poor quality.

I used to love Bethesda and ZoS, but seriously... All I have to say is this: Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please. If you bought either of these Gem exclusives or anything else, don’t cry on the forums that they cost too much, etc. You already voted in favor of the price in the only way that really matters: You bought it.

I do not buy things that are not worth the price to me. That will be different for different people and that doesn’t make anyone wrong. If you feel spending your money elsewhere would be more rewarding then do so. I don’t like the Crown Crate system for several reasons, so I do not buy them. Sure, there are things I would have like to have bought directly, but I can only state as much and then focus on those things that I can obtain in-game or at prices I deem reasonable.

You knew the cost and what you were getting, making it silly to call it gouging. ZOS has clearly priced these things just fine if many people are willing to buy them. Check yourself.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    The watcher is entirely too many gems for what it is. The whole thing is grossly unbalanced.
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Please. If you bought either of these Gem exclusives or anything else, don’t cry on the forums that they cost too much, etc. You already voted in favor of the price in the only way that really matters: You bought it.

I do not buy things that are not worth the price to me. That will be different for different people and that doesn’t make anyone wrong. If you feel spending your money elsewhere would be more rewarding then do so. I don’t like the Crown Crate system for several reasons, so I do not buy them. Sure, there are things I would have like to have bought directly, but I can only state as much and then focus on those things that I can obtain in-game or at prices I deem reasonable.

You knew the cost and what you were getting, making it silly to call it gouging. ZOS has clearly priced these things just fine if many people are willing to buy them. Check yourself.

Also true of people who buy their crowns from other people with in-game gold. Pretend all you want that you've taken the high road by not giving them your money, guys; someone still paid them actual cash, so it's basically the same thing, only now you've helped someone become a whale both outside AND inside the game. But hey, don't let that stop you from patting yourself on the back.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    I have been. This thread has just been a bit of a wakeup call for me, really. Kinda sucks that it takes me so late sometimes.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]