The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr

Living_Ded
Living_Ded
✭✭✭
So, I bought the Elsweyr expansion. When I did I did not know that it would be incomplete. When I say this I mean we only got Northern Elsweyr. Now a whole new DLC comes out for Southern Elsweyr. More money. Does this seem wrong to anyone else?

Like hey, here's half a zone for the full expac price. You want the rest? Give us more money.
@LivingDed
necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, so, you bought a full Chapter. Its a full chapter zone, with a full chapter-length story, a trial, and a new class.

It just so happens that that full chapter-sized zone is Northern Elsweyr. (Distinct from base game Reaper's March and the new Southern Elsweyr, which is smaller.) It also happens that the Chapter is part of a year long story with a follow up DLC.

Now, lets's take a look at Morrowind.
    First up, you don't get "Morrowind."
    You don't even get the full zone of Vvardenfell, because the Sheogorad region is missing.
    Oh, and the story? Right. So start with the Morrowind chapter. A cliffhanger ending will take you to the Clockwork City DLC. Then, if you want the epic conclusion, you have to buy Summerset Chapter!

To be perfectly blunt, you bought a Chapter. That its technically "Northern Elsweyr" and not "all of Elsweyr" is marketing speak and frankly, not that confusing. Just think - if you combined the two, you'd wind up with considerably more content than Morrowind/Summerset zones.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must have been living under a rock or you're trying to get some refund.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Op, you should have checked before you bought. But, in the end, I kinda understand you. We used to have awesome dlc´s like Orsinium. Then, they created the "chapter" concept to sell new dlc areas in some sort of early access, before they became regular dlc´s. And now, with all this "one years story" thing, they have managed to split the so-called "chapter" into a chapter and a dlc. We at least had two areas per year. Now, it´s just one, but sold separately. More money, less content. Just the kind of behaviour I expected from Zo$. Now I wonder what will come next...
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    Probably elsewyr did not reach sales expectations after like 5 discounts on it.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us bought "One Tamriel" and barely even got half a Tamriel.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    You must have been living under a rock or you're trying to get some refund.

You are indeed correct sir I do live under a rock.
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade