The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Senchal Furnishing Merchant Same as Rimmen's: Lack of Gold-Bought Furnishings

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
All right, first I'm opening up with a complaint. Okay, now this is just ridiculous... a whole new dlc, with all new plants and available models to use for housing in various capacities, and the new furnishing merchant doesn't even have new things... it's all just a rehash of the Rimmen merchant, EXACT same merchandise, no difference. There's not even an achievement furnishing vendor to spice things up. Now, I'm hoping this changes if they release the achievement furnishing merchant... Because I am REALLY hoping they aren't going to pull some kind of 'Oh yeah, you can have all the new plants and furnishings in Dragonhold... that'll be real money for those, please'.

Next, I have a suggestion to ZoS regarding thinking about that poor little aforementioned idea of locking all those plants and furniture pieces behind crowns... I don't know about you, but I would TOTALLY buy Moonsugar Meadows and turn it into a fruit farm if the new jackfruit tree model was made gold-purchasable at the gold furnishing merchant. If they turn the jackfruit tree into a crown-only furnishing, like moonsugar cane and bamboo? I wanted to turn moonsugar meadows into a moonsugar plantation... but no, Zos: "Sorry, gotta spend crowns on farm plants :smile:"... well SORRY, but YOU aren't getting MY money because of that. Make this tree a gold-bought furnishing, THEN maybe we'll talk about me buying moonsugar meadows for crowns.

Screenshot_20191021_215953.png
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is exactly the same as two others... :tongue:

There’s a lot of overlap between a lot of the zone housing vendors, but it would be nice if there were at least a few unique items (I haven’t looked myself to know whether there are or aren’t yet). As for achievement furnishings, there are quite a few of those (there’s a recent thread with pics you should check out :) ) but you have to unlock the vendor first. I do wish that they hadn’t made that change as I like to see what furnishings are available for what achievement (in-game, without having to look it up, ideally). It can direct my goals and give me an extra reward to look forward to. :)
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    This thread is exactly the same as two others... :tongue:

There’s a lot of overlap between a lot of the zone housing vendors, but it would be nice if there were at least a few unique items (I haven’t looked myself to know whether there are or aren’t yet). As for achievement furnishings, there are quite a few of those (there’s a recent thread with pics you should check out :) ) but you have to unlock the vendor first. I do wish that they hadn’t made that change as I like to see what furnishings are available for what achievement (in-game, without having to look it up, ideally). It can direct my goals and give me an extra reward to look forward to. :)

Weeeeeeeeeeellllllll not EXACTLY the same... and there's two others that's because i wasn't sure exactly where I wanted to put this discussion... SO... I posted it with a slight variation on its focus in three forum thread locations. The crown store one here addresses the crown-buying implications more heavily, while the others veer off slightly away from that.

As for the achievement vendor... huh, well... You see, Zos? If you just made the vendor available like normal, and allow us to see things we haven't earned yet to be buyable, 1/3rd of my complaint and related grievances would be gone. So... I'm guessing you just quest around to unlock the merchant's existence, eh?
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...see those lush forrests and plants? Want to own them for your house?
    For just 9,99$ this can all be yours. But wait there's more!

Instead of adding them ingame syou could earn or find these plants we divided them into 3 smaller bundles which contain these desired furnishings for just 9,99$ each.

Buy now and get absolutely nothing extra in it!
    Coming to a Crown Store near you!
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...see those lush forrests and plants? Want to own them for your house?
    For just 9,99$ this can all be yours. But wait there's more!

Instead of adding them ingame syou could earn or find these plants we divided them into 3 smaller bundles which contain these desired furnishings for just 9,99$ each.

Buy now and get absolutely nothing extra in it!
    Coming to a Crown Store near you!

Oh, you wanted more than 2 trees? Buy multiple packs!
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a bit disappointing that there are so many new assets in Dragonhold that could easily have appeared in the housing vendor.

There are also so many furnishing plans from Elsweyr we could still get to fill the gaps... I'm looking at your Khajiit Gong!