Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Spooky Season Is Here with the Return of the Witches Festival!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
497fa763de4ae8da3c932962de683f0a.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "The Spooky Season Is Here with the Return of the Witches Festival!" blog article.

Boo! Battle Tamriel’s monsters, get double XP, and earn creepy new rewards during the Witches Festival in-game event! Learn everything you need to know about the frightening fete here.
Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the first time you defeat each different type of boss each day (detailed below) you’ll receive a Dremora Plunder Skull."

I just want to make sure... Is it account-wide, or I can do this on multiple characters ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: What's the reset timer for dremora plunder skulls and event tickets?

I don't see a specific time mentioned. Last year, dremora plunder skulls were on a 20-hour timer, for each individual boss type. Is that the still the case, or has the timer been set to the much more sensible Dailies reset time?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the first time you defeat each different type of boss each day (detailed below) you’ll receive a Dremora Plunder Skull."

I just want to make sure... Is it account-wide, or I can do this on multiple characters ?

Last year, Dremora plunder skulls were account wide. You get one from each boss type, per day, per account.

I wound up parking different characters at near different boss types so it was quick and easy.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 22, 2019 2:40PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it too late to tweak the event?
    During the Witches Festival, the first time a boss drops a Dremora Plunder Skull each day, it’ll also drop two Event Tickets. Don’t forget to loot it!
    Sounds like it's going to be Dragon Rise missing Event Tickets all over again.
    However, that’s not all! Dremora Plunder Skulls also have a chance to contain the following new items: … NEW Witches Festival Writ
    So ONLY the once per day per type special skulls will have a CHANCE of writs?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 22, 2019 3:11PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see a specific time mentioned. Last year, dremora plunder skulls were on a 20-hour timer, for each individual boss type. Is that the still the case, or has the timer been set to the much more sensible Dailies reset time?

Both Dremora Plunder Skulls and Event Tickets should reset with the Daily Quest timer.
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both Dremora Plunder Skulls and Event Tickets should reset with the Daily Quest timer.

Excellent, that's much, much easier than having to write done when I acquired each skull like I did last year. Thank you!
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great change!
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Excellent, that's much, much easier than having to write done when I acquired each skull like I did last year. Thank you!

Agreed! So much easier.
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Is it too late to tweak the event?
    During the Witches Festival, the first time a boss drops a Dremora Plunder Skull each day, it’ll also drop two Event Tickets. Don’t forget to loot it!
    Sounds like it's going to be Dragon Rise missing Event Tickets all over again.
    However, that’s not all! Dremora Plunder Skulls also have a chance to contain the following new items: … NEW Witches Festival Writ
    So ONLY the once per day per type special skulls will have a CHANCE of writs?

@ZOS_SarahHecker Can you confirm that we only get one of each type of Dremora Plunder Skull per day on an account and not with each character? Unless these writs are a guaranteed drop, I'm not sure how anyone is going to complete 28 of them for the hat/title.

There are only 7 earnable per day, if it's account-wide. While that's 84 possible (if you're able to do all of them after the daily reset on the last day prior to 10am EST), the drop rate would have to be one in every three plunder skulls. Plus, not everyone can do trials or arenas, so that leaves 60 total plunder skulls for the average player, which would need to be closer to a 50% chance.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New recipes could be bought with tickets :( I wonder about their drop rates :(
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, feels a bit very RNG heavy to me. Before we typically had one armor style set to collect per event. Now we have one armor style set, one weapon style set, two collectibles, and previous content (if you weren't there last years or didn't complete them).

Might have well enough drop chances (like the companion styles), but from reading this alone, not very hyped, feels like work and running between guild vendors to complete without cashing in on (overpriced) event tickets…
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Yeah, feels a bit very RNG heavy to me. Before we typically had one armor style set to collect per event. Now we have one armor style set, one weapon style set, two collectibles, and previous content (if you weren't there last years or didn't complete them).

Might have well enough drop chances (like the companion styles), but from reading this alone, not very hyped, feels like work and running between guild vendors to complete without cashing in on (overpriced) event tickets…

I mean, did we not see the micro transaction money grab that has been making its way into every facet of this game coming for some time now? This seems like par for the course at this point and is really disgusting but yet here we are still giving them money.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

I mean, did we not see the micro transaction money grab that has been making its way into every facet of this game coming for some time now? This seems like par for the course at this point and is really disgusting but yet here we are still giving them money.

It will really depend on the drop rates. If they are generous with the three new recipes, memento fragments, writs, and outfit/weapon styles, then it will still be a fun event and I'll be glad they added these as incentives for veteran players to participate. If otoh the drop rates are low then this is going to stink and feel like a cash grab pushing people to the crownstore to buy tickets.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Even with a global auction house (Console doesn't even have TTC), if we had to run around like that to a specific kiosk, that'd be the entire event in itself.
    Will see just how much time after the even you can still complete writ / consumable achievements. 12 days is not a lot of time if you're going to waste some of it shopping.
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I might be wrong (been a year and my memory sucks), but I don't remember there being a limit on Plunder Skulls, it was the Dremora ones that were limited. So depending where the new stuff drops from, shouldn't be an issue should it?

From what I read, it was only the motif pages that were limited to the Dremora, same as last year... if I am wrong, then sorry for the confusion I may be causing.

Eir
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I might be wrong (been a year and my memory sucks), but I don't remember there being a limit on Plunder Skulls, it was the Dremora ones that were limited. So depending where the new stuff drops from, shouldn't be an issue should it?

From what I read, it was only the motif pages that were limited to the Dremora, same as last year... if I am wrong, then sorry for the confusion I may be causing.

Eir

All good stuff from Dremora skulls:
    Dremora Plunder Skulls also have a chance to contain the following new items:

NEW Glenmoril Armor Outfit Style page
    NEW Glenmoril Treasure map
    Use the map to find Glenmoril Weapon Style pages scattered all over Tamriel
    NEW Witches Festival Writ
    Complete these writs to unlock an Achievement that’ll earn you a new Witch hat collectible AND the “Witch” title!
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker - Will the Exorcised Coven Cottage come back and be available for gold?
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the grim harlequin motif be making a re-appearance this year? Didn't see any mention of it.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    my Witchmother's Whistle is summoning the Cauldron but not granting me the XP buff

drinking from the Cauldron does not transform my character into the robed Undead

defeating my first (Delve) boss did not give me Event Tickets or the Dremora Plunder Skull
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my Witchmother's Whistle is summoning the Cauldron but not granting me the XP buff

drinking from the Cauldron does not transform my character into the robed Undead

defeating my first (Delve) boss did not give me Event Tickets or the Dremora Plunder Skull

Because the event hasn't started yet. Quest starter isn't in the Crown Store either, last I checked. ZOS is just giving us a heads up like they always do.
    At this point, with PC(EU) issues... I'm rather crossing my fingers that it's gonna start on time at all and that EU won't miss out on any days.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 23, 2019 4:49AM
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    many thanks!!
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Boo
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker could you confirm whether or not the drop rate for the writs will be high enough that we will be able to complete the Wicked Writ Initiate achievement on at least one character?

Given ESO's history and the trend of increasingly low drop rates for things like this (especially when there is a paid alternative) I'm pretty concerned.

Otherwise, this looks great! Glad to see some new additions to my favorite event of the year.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    Writs will be bound or tradeable?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »
    Hmmmmm... ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS_SarahHecker could you confirm whether or not the drop rate for the writs will be high enough that we will be able to complete the Wicked Writ Initiate achievement on at least one character?

Given ESO's history and the trend of increasingly low drop rates for things like this (especially when there is a paid alternative) I'm pretty concerned.

Otherwise, this looks great! Glad to see some new additions to my favorite event of the year.

I double checked the PTS for Update 23 when it was on, and didn't see a whole lot of data, unfortunately.

Just:
    I'm really excited for all the new rewards! I tested some of this out, only went for 4 different Dremora Plunder Skulls and so far the drops seem pretty fair. I've gotten 1 skeletal marionette parts, 2 witches festival writs and 2 glenmoril wyrd treasure maps so far.

So that's not terribly helpful given the small sample size. We'll probably have to wait till tomorrow.
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    497fa763de4ae8da3c932962de683f0a.jpg

Hello grandma.

I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker - Will the Exorcised Coven Cottage come back and be available for gold?

Yes it will, should stay either Crowns or Gold see
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57075

Was announced in the Crownstore Showcase for this Month :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun again this year! Thanks guys! One of my favorite events.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it will, should stay either Crowns or Gold see
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57075

Was announced in the Crownstore Showcase for this Month :)

Thanks for the note that it's returning to the crown store, but I can't find any official mention of it returning for gold. That's really the part I'm interested in. Both times it's been mentioned (by name in the showcase and obliquely in the event article), it's only been in the crown section.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be available for gold, under the same conditions as previous years.
    haelene wrote: »
    Hmmmmm... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker could you confirm whether or not the drop rate for the writs will be high enough that we will be able to complete the Wicked Writ Initiate achievement on at least one character?
    The writs were designed in a way that players should be able to get the achievements by the end of the event.
    Staff Post
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Sarah. :)