The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestions] Housing v2

deleted008293
deleted008293
✭✭✭✭
Probably there isn't a single person who love housing whom doesn't dream about increase the item limit of certain residences or getting their hands on some really new features and items. Bellow I prepared some of the most interesting and exciting ideas that could make housing much more pleasant, natural and alive. Enjoy and... I hope to see at least some of those ideas introduced in the game soon!

- Allow us to increase the item limit we can put in our houses, individually, by expanding the usage of the Pack Merchant by allowing players to buy up to 10 item limit upgrades for EACH of their houses. Each of those upgrades should increase the item limit of that particular house by 10% for a total of 100% increase. Prices should also differ depending on the quality of the particular homestead.
- Guest book. Allow us to check who visited our houses in the past 30 days.
- Allow us to write our own Scrolls, Letters, Books, Message Tablets and Sign Posts.
- Sound packs! Allow us to add sound effects or items that generate sound to make our homesteads more alive.
- Events. Allow players to create customised role playing events for example while walking through a certain spot, a messasge (visual or audio) will be made visible / audible, or certain items would appear visible or move. so players could create puzzles on a whole new level and make their homesteads more alive than ever.
- Lock furniture. Allow us to lock furniture to prevent accidental movement. Also allow us to lock interactive furniture in a certain stage so visitors cannot interact with them anymore (example lights).
- Portals. Allow players to use those wayshrines to travel to another one of that particular player residence.
- Allow us to make furniture invisible to the naked eye, with or without collision.
- Interactive objects such as invisible clouds you could walk on them after toggling an event.
- Ability to use several amounts of a certain mount or pet.
- Livestock animals.
- NPCs and Creatures. Animated, NOT as target dummies.
- Levitating (animated) rocks.
- Interactive Fish Pond! Because who doesn't love fishing? This minigame should allow players to complete in catching some really awesome fish or prizes
- Resource nodes. Usable or as simple decorations or... both types. Usable ones should generate resources once a day / week. To prevent exploiting there should be a limit of up to n items of a certain type a player can buy. For ex a player can buy n rubedite ore nodes AND also same amount of lesser quality nodes such as iron or dwarven... Decorative versions should be unlimited tho.
- Seasonal Items. Trees, flowers, Brushes so players can create seasonal themed homesteads.
- Interactible beds.
- Texture tiles.
- Water / Liquid filled containers.
- Thermal Pools like those from Vvardenfell
- Geysers such as those from Sulphur Pond, Stonefalls.
Edited by deleted008293 on April 5, 2018 12:31PM
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    This. Yes. So much yes. I want all of this so much.
    Im completely obsessed with housing, and this would make it all so much better!
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to put up a merchant stall at my house which can trade with my visitors on my behalf.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Letters and Numbers. Because why not?
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for that list. mostly the aspects of more diverse abilities and adds for the house.
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another nice option would be to turn the texture for light sources off. So you could attach different lights to any object.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. KudnaBeefhooked
      KudnaBeefhooked
      ✭✭✭
      I played Rift some years ago and they had some really nice features to their housing.
      One thing I particularly liked was the placement of an item that would allow you to alter the weather within your housing instance - rain, thunder/lightning, etc.

Another option that was built-in to their housing editor was the ability to levitate or "fly" (even though it isn't possible within the game itself). The great thing about that is when placing items, esp with large houses, you can see up close exactly where you're placing them and their proximity/association with other items.
    2. deleted008293
      deleted008293
      ✭✭✭✭
      Allow us to manipulate time... its awful hard to decorate a house at night.
      Allow us to place our own items directly into our friends houses. :)
    3. Zariah
      Zariah
      ✭✭✭
      Imma bump this thread, because it does deserve some bumping!
    4. kirstie20plus
      kirstie20plus
      ✭✭
      Also weather boxes! Something that changes the feel of the outside for those with outsides to decorate :)
    5. Alphawolf01A
      Alphawolf01A
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Basements

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421709/idea-to-increase-house-space#latest.

I posted this a few weeks ago and got no feedback other than 3 awesomes. I think this would be easily do-able.
    6. R_K
      R_K
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      nordmarian wrote: »
      - Letters and Numbers. Because why not?
    7. deleted008293
      deleted008293
      ✭✭✭✭
      I am well aware of this addon but in order to write something you have to use around 5 items per char. I also know about eht addon