Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why are you invisible?!

Enfinityx
Enfinityx
So, I've realized that when a player completes a Quest he can become invisible to players who have not yet completed it. Makes sense, whatever. But I'm running into a problem where a friend of the same level, same race, with the same uncompleted Quest is invisible to me as well. Do certain story Quests HAVE to be done alone, therefore making friends invisible when you approach similar areas in groups? Because players I am NOT grouped with are visible to me.
Lady Novà - Wood Elf Templar - American Megaserver
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like phasing.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a different phase. With the megaserver tech there are actually quite a bit more people in the exact area you are in at all times but there are multiple phases to keep you from trying to share the same kills/whatever. You can do the 'travel to player' option from the group menu via right click to sync up to their phase.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not just completed quests, its any choice they made that was different to you that triggered different world changes.

Eg You picked to put the fires out, they picked get the people out of the city. You see a city with no fire but dead people, they see a city with fire but no dead people.

Then there are the solo parts of some quests, but you would not have an 'invis' player, (can't see them but can see the 'arrow' over where thier head would normally be running around) they just would be missing completely from the zone.
    Edited by Natjur on April 15, 2014 8:19PM
  • Enfinityx
    Enfinityx
    Thank you all, pretty sure it was just the phasing as stated above. I don't know much about all that technical stuff, so I was thoroughly confused.
    Lady Novà - Wood Elf Templar - American Megaserver