The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AddOns Not Being Detected/Working Since I Reinstalled

Damedius
Damedius
I took a break from ESO and unistalled it a few months ago. Since reinstalling yesterday the ESO client doesn't seem to be able to detect my AddOns.

It's weird because it still thinks the AddOns are out of date and the same ones I had when I last played despite me updating them. Twitch and Minion both recognize and can find the Addons but the ESO client doesn't.

Anybody know what I can do to fix this?
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    That says that your addons folder that the game is looking for is not at the location that you've been updating the addons. Oftentimes, this is because Windows attempts to place anything in the my documents folders in the one-drive. Make sure to deselect many of the items that it would otherwise place in a cloud directory. You may have to do a repair to get it to recognize where the game's addon folder is. Good luck with fixing this.

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There also was a windows update which prevents the access to the folder c:\users\...\documents.
    Go to your windows security settings, open the Windows Defender settings and enable the access to the c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online folder (whitelist / allow list).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And unless you actually use One Drive, disable or even remove this application.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"