The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bringing Burst to a DOT Fight: Overload Stamina Sorcerer in Scalebreaker

TBois
TBois
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been having fun using Overload light attacks with Onslaught on my stam sorc. It makes for some strong burst with Wrecking Blow's empower and the penetration from Onslaught. It is a bit tricky to work with, but a ton of fun if you practice enough.

https://youtu.be/X4AMdfclbG0
Current Guilds: Fantasia
Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it, it can spike hard. Only tried due to varied results I'd get from undo. Other issue I see is it's hard with needing heavies/non-lights next patch for 2h. You technically could be streak but itd slow that burst window down.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    I've tried it, it can spike hard. Only tried due to varied results I'd get from undo. Other issue I see is it's hard with needing heavies/non-lights next patch for 2h. You technically could be streak but itd slow that burst window down.

Yea I started trying it because undo doesnt work sometimes and i was looking for something fun back bar. Are you talking about needing heavies to stun? Because if so I'm running wrecking blow, not dizzy swing, so the only thing that will change will be I'll lose 16% damage upfront. I can still easily set off balance with roll dodge and tactician cp. Although I guess if you are running no cp you would probably need dizzy swing.

Edit: I actually never knew if overload heavies knocked down off balance targets or not, but I tested it in the video and saw it didn't lol. Seems a bit inconsistent, but I guess overload is kind of a wierd ult.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less alone, I was playing around on PTS with a similar build :D

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    I feel less alone, I was playing around on PTS with a similar build :D

Haha, yea I've also been feeling alone trying this out too. It's good to hear other stam sorcs are utilizing overload. There are only a handful of real content creators looking at stam sorcs more deeply, and most haven't looked at overload since its initial change from the 3rd bar because it can be clunky to work with and therefore inconsistent.

Glad to see there are at least two of us messing around with this ultimate as stam sorcs.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, @FENGRUSH , how would you feel about them changing energy overload to give back magicka or stamina depending on highest pool? Although I doubt something like that would be looked at since there aren't many stam sorcs using it, and I might prefer they look at its damage type first.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had plans to try this out, using vicious death dw+jewelry and infused with weapon damage enchants and iirc either shackle or hulking draugr on body.

Tooltip was pretty great, the build worked well otherwise, but i just felt dumb even using it so i ended up just sticking with flawless dbreaker lol.

Seems like dk, nb, and templar are the preferred hybrid classes, but sorcs always seemed like its a better candidate. I might have to get back to theorycrafting something.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of running overload on my stam sorc , good work though
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had plans to try this out, using vicious death dw+jewelry and infused with weapon damage enchants and iirc either shackle or hulking draugr on body.

Tooltip was pretty great, the build worked well otherwise, but i just felt dumb even using it so i ended up just sticking with flawless dbreaker lol.

Seems like dk, nb, and templar are the preferred hybrid classes, but sorcs always seemed like its a better candidate. I might have to get back to theorycrafting something.

I would not put this build in the hybrid camp despite Overload's damage being shock damage. In this particular build I'm still stacking everything into the stamina corner of the stamina/magicka/health triangle. I'm not using pelenials to get good spell damage and I'm not splitting resource pools either. So I would still put this firmly in the stamina build side. Here's a link to the build I'm using in the video if you want to see the gear, weapon, and enchants. Everything should be what I'm running except I use double dot poisons instead of a poison enchant on my 2h bar. I'm thinking of trying out some different poisons or weapon enchants next patch.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=87385

As far as feeling dumb using it, I can't argue that it doesn't or won't initially, but, if you get used to weaving it with Onslaught or Dawnbreaker of Smiting and get used to when you should and shouldn't activate it, it will start feeling more fluid and less dumb. You will then start melting people.
    Edited by TBois on October 14, 2019 7:35PM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

I would not put this build in the hybrid camp despite Overload's damage being shock damage. In this particular build I'm still stacking everything into the stamina corner of the stamina/magicka/health triangle. I'm not using pelenials to get good spell damage and I'm not splitting resource pools either. So I would still put this firmly in the stamina build side. Here's a link to the build I'm using in the video if you want to see the gear, weapon, and enchants. Everything should be what I'm running except I use double dot poisons instead of a poison enchant on my 2h bar. I'm thinking of trying out some different poisons or weapon enchants next patch.

As far as feeling dumb using it, I can't argue that it doesn't or won't initially, but, if you get used to weaving it with Onslaught or Dawnbreaker of Smiting and get used to when you should and shouldn't activate it, it will start feeling more fluid and less dumb. You will then start melting people.

Hmm i have everything you've got there, i may have to try it out! Looks pretty nice.

Though i might have to go with dw+bow/SnB. I just prefer invasion>streak, and spin2win and blade cloak synergize so well with hurricane.

But, if im being honest its gotten a little stale so maybe i should switch it up!

As far as hybrid builds, i always wanted to try out something like necropotence dw/lightning and hulking draugr...basically just slot pets+hardened ward and be super annoying lol.

I never actually tried it though, cause honestly it probably wouldn't work as well as i think, and i don't really think it would work particularly well anyway, besides successfully being annoying lol.

Although i can't help but feel like there's a way to use overload, vicious death, and spin2win and not be gimped.

Anyway, cool build, cool video - think i might need to get rid of my apprehension about overload and get back to the drawing board.

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A melee version punch would be pretty cool. Or just crystal frag punch. Still waiting for that punch move.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A melee version punch would be pretty cool. Or just crystal frag punch. Still waiting for that punch move.

Aren't we all.
    TBois wrote: »

Hmm i have everything you've got there, i may have to try it out! Looks pretty nice.

Though i might have to go with dw+bow/SnB. I just prefer invasion>streak, and spin2win and blade cloak synergize so well with hurricane.

But, if im being honest its gotten a little stale so maybe i should switch it up!

As far as hybrid builds, i always wanted to try out something like necropotence dw/lightning and hulking draugr...basically just slot pets+hardened ward and be super annoying lol.

I never actually tried it though, cause honestly it probably wouldn't work as well as i think, and i don't really think it would work particularly well anyway, besides successfully being annoying lol.

Although i can't help but feel like there's a way to use overload, vicious death, and spin2win and not be gimped.

Anyway, cool build, cool video - think i might need to get rid of my apprehension about overload and get back to the drawing board.

Thanks, appreciate that. Oh, did you see jack daniels put up a video on a hybrid sorc build. This seems to be a pretty good patch for some experimentation.

https://youtu.be/1OqLE7cBVJI

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭

Idk, if we get onto "punch" abilities, I'd rather see it on an unarmed skill line that scales with Max Stam, potentially in line with a Monk class.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP