The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Two-Story Golden Gryphon Garrett

icpathua
icpathua
✭✭✭
so i posted this in the ESO subreddit's Trendy Tuesday a couple weeks back but i'm excited to share it with fellow housing enthusiasts! i felt it was a shame to waste all that glorious vertical space and i'm thrilled it came together as i'd hoped. it was a labor of love arranging every element just so and, unfortunately, left little room for additional furnishings, but i hope y'all appreciate the effect! for those who are curious, this apartment belongs to my alt Míxíe the clam-hunting khajiit which might explain the clam shrine at the top of the staircase, haha.

adBWnpL.jpg
looking in from the entryway.

Nt2mjJD.jpg
standing at the bottom of the staircase.

qLL2qb3.jpg
looking up from the landing; you'll notice the fireplace flue makes a convenient pedestal!

cvFpxoR.jpg
the view from the top! the stairs i've used are "Alinor Stairway, Timeworn" (not wide) x 2.

lTGlxgS.jpg
i'm most pleased with how well the second level flooring suits the room. instead of "Alinor Floor, Ballroom Timeworn" which looks awful i used "Alinor Wall, Stone Long" x 4 which is a perfect match.

do feel free to come round, just message @icpathua in game. <3
Edited by icpathua on October 9, 2018 8:41PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness, I was considering how to accomplish something similar. You have done an incredibly lovely and welcoming job!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s such a cozy looking and very creative use of space! Thank you for sharing 😊
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    so simple yet elegant! nice job
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job using the walls as floors.
    Thanks for sharing
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw this in reddit and I'm glad you posted it here too - great job!
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome!

Made my palms sweaty thinking of sleeping in that bed, no rail, no bannister, and stepping off wrong side of bed in the middle of the night, lol
  • icpathua
    icpathua
    ✭✭✭
    Y'ALL ARE TOO SWEET i'm getting cavities haha.

@newtinmpls i actually learned the blueprints for the stairs and walls, so let me know if you'd like me to craft any for you to play around with! @Zypheran right? it looks soOoOo much better than the timeworn ballroom floor. @anadandy glad to read i'm not the only one straddling both forums to get my fix. @Reivax we're totally on the same page, i'm tryna find the best (see also: most matchy) furnishing for a railing, any suggestions?
    Edited by icpathua on October 11, 2018 2:47PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @icpathua I thank you and later this weekend, I'll likely contact you about pricing and such.

I think I'll start with the Auridon apartment, I've long thought that should try something similar there.

ooo...thinking.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • icpathua
    icpathua
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I think I'll start with the Auridon apartment

ohh @newtinmpls i have a second floor in my Mara's Kiss Public House (& Cyrodilic Jungle House) too! although, you may be referring to the Barbed Hook Private Room. at any rate, i'm all about maximizing space, haha. if you'd like, i'll share some pictures here after i've had a chance to capture some in-game.
    Edited by icpathua on October 11, 2018 4:16PM
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before already, but once again: great job on this! I also thank you for inspiring the nautical elements of my own Alinor inn room :)
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lcpathua I am thinking the most basic one which is likely the Maria's Kiss. I have a very formal Altmer named Hisa Ni and I was thinking in general terms of a nice meeting / hostessy area below and a more private (maybe screened) sleeping or intimate space above
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I've said it before already, but once again: great job on this! I also thank you for inspiring the nautical elements of my own Alinor inn room :)

Interesting you would mention this. On my other account I have an orsimer that loves dweomer artifacts and fishing. So I started fixing up his room
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oops anyway it was a combination display, I started by putting up pictures turned backwards as blank walls and surfaces and arranged fish and fishing things in some and dweomer things like fabricant arms and gears in others
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then I ran afoul of the item limit so I'll have to choose.

Frustrating
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    @icpathua Do you use any housing adons?
    I really like what you did, it looks awesome. I’m trying to do something similar but placing the second staircase is not working.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, looks, awesome! I went and got the house just cause of this! I love your ideas. ^-^
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• icpathua
    icpathua
    ✭✭✭
    @XDark_One13 i did NOT so it took some time to get both sets of stairs and the platform at the top to line up just right. you're welcome to visit my apartment in-game and take a closer look! @kadochka you're too kind, i hope you enjoy making the most of your new home!
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work and imagination! The only thing I'm not keen on is the way the carpet goes under the fireplace.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    icpathua wrote: »
    @kadochka you're too kind, i hope you enjoy making the most of your new home!

Thanks! I don't have alot of Alinor-themed (or elven, Altmer) furniture, so I'm out trying to earn some cash to go shoppingg! Heh. but thanks again! :heart:
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @icpathua
    Remade it! (Replacing the post.)

Lower (base) floor:
    ck3d1deb8hu2.png

and there's the 'second floor' (awkward angle, sorry...):
    djrhw01t9rd6.png

I'll slowly replace it all with Altmer/Alinor stuff, cause it's a barebones mix right now. And it'll all be magical!
    Thanks again! Hopefully it'll end up better then it is right now.
    Edited by kadochka on October 18, 2018 2:45AM

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did something similar with my home in elden root. I'll come back with pics. I turned it into a skooma den with an upstairs skooma/entertainment lounge.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 17, 2018 8:06PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, here are the images.
    mRN5VrX.jpg

E0wCpey.jpg

8rnppye.jpg

j3qimwJ.jpg

OQwR6y0.jpg

X0RUAaq.jpg[img][/img]ing]kfTuQm6.jpg

NMkz9Gx.jpg

2n3sdfrwuhb7.jpg
    29yb9yxovbmj.jpg

And link to album because they look like images for ants on my phone with the spoiler tag, lol
    http://imgur.com/gallery/ZUh01XX
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 17, 2018 11:07PM
  • Rodrigo5
    Rodrigo5
    Soul Shriven
    this is my house
    3bfbh204f3i5.png
    mx8nkd687uje.png
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    Now if ZOS would just let us short-cut exit through the window...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @icpathua I know the thread is a year old now, but I really like your Alinor two-story inn room! The elements you chose work together well and the room still feels open and spacious! :)
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh nice, I might have to do something similar with mine. It's a nice little room, but would be even better with a second story.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~