Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Death among the Dead-Water" quest: bug with tamed vine-tongues

Slothylicious
Slothylicious
✭✭
After starting the Path of the Lily, I am asked to order Kishi to fire arrows at the vine-tongues so they can pull us from island to island.

I can give the order to Kishi, he fires an arrow and I can see the animation of the vine-tongue pulling us, but unfortunately it stops there and I do not get pulled as expected, I remain in place and Kishi's position resets to mine.

I am unable to perform this task and cannot progress further into this quest.
Edited by Slothylicious on May 31, 2019 6:08PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Slothylicious

Yes, there is some kind of "trick" to making it work correctly, but I cannot recall ATM what I did. Have you tried putting the character's targeting reticule on the vine-tongue that you want to pull your character and Kishi before you press the key to give the order?

You might work-around the issue by putting a Fire Rock on the character's Quick-Slot Wheel, then selecting it to use when you press the Quick-Slot keybind.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Slothylicious
    Slothylicious
    ✭✭
    @Shadowshire

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I give the order by targeting the vine-tongue then pressing E, he fires the arrow but he's the only one getting pulled then he resets to my location.

I thought fire rocks were the reward for this quest? I don't have them as a memento yet.
  • Slothylicious
    Slothylicious
    ✭✭
    It's fixed. Two people were at the Path of the Lily and were having the same problem.

One fixed it by restarting the game, I tried it and it worked for me too. It looks like the restart has to happen while being at the Path of the Lily.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fixed. Two people were at the Path of the Lily and were having the same problem.

One fixed it by restarting the game, I tried it and it worked for me too. It looks like the restart has to happen while being at the Path of the Lily.
    You're welcome, and thank-you for letting us know how you resolved the issue. I suppose that in the future, players can Google eso path of the lily and maybe find this discussion. :smiley:

• Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the quest still bugged. When you first walk in arrows do not work still.

Work around does the job, relog once your in there.

Place is a buggy piece of crap.
  • craterdigger
    craterdigger
    Soul Shriven
    Yup, still broken. I used to work as a software tester. How is it that nobody on the QA team thought to include this in the test plan for this content?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Read the ZOS Terms Of Service. Carefully.

Edited by Shadowshire on June 24, 2019 3:01PM

• wicked_one
    wicked_one
    Soul Shriven
    Still got bug
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged, my character shows that grap animation but is stuck on the ground. If I'm correct i need to use those tamed vine-tongues to get safe place when battling bath of the lilys last "boss" when it screams.
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • RaEDe
    RaEDe
    ✭✭
    I had the same issue with 2 of the vine-tongues When trying to find all the books for the "vine-tongue traveler" achievement. Relogging solved the issue for me both times.
  • Roxie5D
    Roxie5D
    ✭✭✭
    As of today, Still bugged for me too!
  • Roxie5D
    Roxie5D
    ✭✭✭
    Relogging doesn't work... exiting the game doesn't work. Even started the whole Path over and still doesn't work. Definitely broken still! Really frustrating. No choice but to abandon the quest.
  • Roxie5D
    Roxie5D
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for another post in a row, but I figured it out with someone's help ingame, so just thought I'd share it for others having the same problem in the future.

There's a big stone slab to the right from the bottom of the hill you come down. . It's the only spot that the vines actually worked! That worked for me at least.
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie5D wrote: »
    Sorry for another post in a row, but I figured it out with someone's help ingame, so just thought I'd share it for others having the same problem in the future.

There's a big stone slab to the right from the bottom of the hill you come down. . It's the only spot that the vines actually worked! That worked for me at least.

Tried it yesterday, sadly it didn't work for me. Is it possible to nuke that behemot down with 4 people?
  • Xruptor
    Xruptor
    ✭✭
    Okay for those getting the bug at the boss at the end where the fire stones don't work, there is a work around i found that works. What you need to do is engage the boss at the end of the path. Deal damage to him and when he returns to center to do his massive aoe, quickly turn around and run all the way passed the archway you spoke to the npc at. Wait about maybe 5 or 10 seconds, return back to the path and you'll see that you can attack boss again. Repeat this process until boss is dead. It should help you avoid his instant kill aoe. If he resets keep trying my method because you ran too far. It should be up until the archway. Hope this helps folks. I really wish they would fix the bug with the firestones not working
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie5D wrote: »

This works
  • Kayly101
    Kayly101
    ✭✭
    I tried all the vine plants and none of them get me off the ground. Reloadui twice, bar swapped, logged in and out is still nada. Boo-urns. Its a really fun quest
  • Wuselmann
    Wuselmann
    I tried it several times until i got the hang of it. Simply run into the cave where u pick up the holy lily in the end and wait there his aoe does not affect this area and he won´t reset/bug. He once bugged for me in a way that he didn´t count towards the quest when I killed him after running out of his range and waiting at the bridge/archway for him to cast his aoe.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Kishi disappears during the 2nd part of the trial. So no more vine-pulling, though I was somehow able to light the 2nd post without his presence. Unfortunately, the next step is to talk to him and since he's not there, I can't proceed.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2022 and this is still bugged. Starting the path and you either don't get the prompt to get Krishi to shoot fire arrows, or the fire arrows shoot, but the tamed plant doesn't pull you in.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the prompt to pull me towards the first vine-tongue on the path, but not the second. I had to wander a few yards into the swamp to get closer to it, and quickly use the fire-rock (previously gained on a different character) to teleport to the second vine-tongue - and of course that is dangerous because you die in the swamp if you're standing in it for more than a couple of seconds.

I don't know how well this would have worked if I didn't already have the fire rock - but I must have got the fire rock somehow on my first character...
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeaaaah, I see animation for fire arrow and it hits the vine, but it doesn't pull on one of them, seems quest is still bugged.