Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console voice chat bug

RedGirl41
RedGirl41
✭✭✭✭
On ps4 NA many people receive various voice chat bugs where they can’t enter a chat or hear anyone in the group talking. I’ve tried everything (deleting app etc) to fix it and nothing works. It’s not just gone for the day it’s been weeks. Psn chat can only hold 8 people and so when more of my guild gets online I’m just stuck in silence.

I assumed this would be fixed when scalebreaker was dropped on Tuesday but of course it wasn’t. ETA if fixing this?
  • MachineKludge
    Console voice for both platforms has been bugged since before the universe entered the inflationary period epoch, about 10^−32 of a second after the Big Bang. As far as I know, nobody at ZoS believes in the big bang or in acknowledging bugs.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console voice for both platforms has been bugged since before the universe entered the inflationary period epoch, about 10^−32 of a second after the Big Bang. As far as I know, nobody at ZoS believes in the big bang or in acknowledging bugs.
    LOL oh 100% true! Before it felt like if you closed app and reset that the voice chat could come back. But currently it seems once you get infected with this glitch that you just never get it back 🙄 so neat.
  • AzurasDaddy
    AzurasDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had an issue with this until Scale breaker was released. Now when I join guild chat I can hear them for a few seconds, but they can't hear me. Then it goes to an almost infinite loop of joining and leaving the chat. Same for BGs or dungeons. The best part is later while I'm playing, it randomly deletes the chat, and makes my game volume loud af.
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    I didn't have voice chat in over 3 months. What finally fixed mine was a hard reset of modem . I put a pin in the hole in back of it. Hold it for 30 sec. And logged back in to modem. Volla voice chat back
  • AzurasDaddy
    AzurasDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    pay4vue wrote: »
    I put a pin in the hole in back of it. Hold it for 30 sec. And logged back in to modem. Volla voice chat back

I have tried this, among many other things unfortunately. It's not on my end. I played the night before scalebreaker as I have for over a year and it was fine. The next day, got on after I downloaded the new DLC and broken.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk how people still haven't heard of this fix tbh, it's pretty widely known in my circles at least.

Go into your consoles network settings, leave everything as is except dns.

Primary dns: 8.8.8.8

Secondary dns: 8.8.4.4

Those are googles dns servers, supposedly theres other ones that work but i haven't tried. Idk enough to tell you why it works, but it does. It actually helped slightly with lag as well.

Enjoy!
  • AzurasDaddy
    AzurasDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    Idk how people still haven't heard of this fix tbh, it's pretty widely known in my circles at least.

Go into your consoles network settings, leave everything as is except dns.

Primary dns: 8.8.8.8

Secondary dns: 8.8.4.4

Enjoy!

Just tried this and still not working, thanks for trying though
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird I've never heard of that not working.

How about if you go to view connection, write down the values listed for ip, subnet, default gateway, then deleting save data, turning off connect to the internet, power cycle ps4 + router, and then going back in and manually inputting everything?

Besides that idk
  • BettyLou743
    BettyLou743
    Soul Shriven
    Same over here. None of the fixes work. Had voice chat for over two years, glitched at Elsweyr. Broken for three months, started working about a month ago, then glitched again last week.
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    Yes, I had to apply the chat fix about a year ago. No issues since then, and then boom! Yesterday, chat disappearing, and today I get the message that voice chat is unavailable.

I love how no one official is commenting. Why do I bother to spend money on a game that will not fix one of the main things that is needed? Hmm..that is a good question.
    Edited by Hypnotica713 on October 17, 2019 6:26PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know how many people noticed, but the last Sony PS4 system update increased the number of people in party chat to 16 I think. Now you can fit everyone doing a trial into the same group.

I don’t know if they were stepping up to handle this problem, or if it was just a coincidence.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your comment bumped this, and thought i should say the google dns settings only sometimes work now - my voice chat doesn't work about half the time.

Bonus, my nat type is 3 so no voice chat for me lol.