The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returned from a hiatus why so many templars now?

• NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

You could make this same argument about any class right now. The ONLY thing that annoys me about (Mag) Templars right now is the root on living dark. Thats it. If I see a Mag Templar in the distance going for that dark bubble right away I will just turn and walk away much in the same way I will if I see a NB start a fight by cloaking immediately. Not worth my time. My opinion as that most people who complain about Templars just don't play one and dont understand the class well enough to know how to deal with it. And just listing skills and passives can make any class sound strong. Even on a class thats not even great anymore like this

Only other classes dont preforming as good as templar.

sorcs get eaten up by the pressure, but hey at least they can streak away...i guess... unless that templar has a snare and gap closer..well better hope you can put enough distance in your 4 streaks before your magic starts getting dangerously low. Maybe spam your twilight heal because surly you can out heal the templar jabbing/dots/potl and its sweep. No? oh well at least we have shields! oof 3.9k mag for a 5k shield and 3k mag for a 5k shield? Since I've been playing on magplar since this patch I havent died to a sorc once. I purge their curse, block their frags, and dot and jab while they shield spam. Oh they try and run, but theyre moving 40% slower and I got a gap closer ;)

Everytime I fight a DK theyre in MY house, theyre exactly where I want them. Im a tank after all standing in my rune getting HoTs with minor mending. The jab HoT, cleanse HoT are really strong with minor mending sometimes I dont even need to HotD.

NBs...basically free AP. They try and cloak and you jab...and jab...and jab to keep em in your sight. The sweep hits just as hard probably harder than their incap.

Havent seen many wardens im afraid. But I have nothing to worry about. Perma frost? I'll just mist form. you can block their beetle so thats easy to mitigate. Bird spam with flies? How bout I cleanse and jab you bet I got more burst.

Less to even worry about necros, they have worse burst and dmg than a warden. Oh no watch out for the giant zombie guy warning you to dodge roll and side step the ult. Mmmk so whats next up your sleeve necro? Ohhh your already dead because you have no damage out side your ult. Hmm shame.

That leaves tempalrs. Those sweet sweet meta hoppers who think jab in a auto win button (which it can be sometimes) Those inexperience templars im sure you have come across hit the floor hard. Not sure what theyre doing wrong because they normally die in a few secs of us meeting. But for the experience templars now those are some fights. It basically comes down to a game of chicken. We both had enough and we want to end it so we stay on our front bar and duke it out. We both hit 25% HP so do you call his bluff and continue the attack or do you pull out and heal. At this moment is when the victor is decided.

No other class has given me that close of a fight this patch. Not saying im the best there ever was but for somebody to never play templar in 6 years playing to just smack everybody with craft able sets mind you says something. Of all the classes I learned this is by far the easiest. And they didnt even make big changes to templar this patch. Its been strong for a long, long time. And its long overdue other classes were brought up to this level again and receive some GOT damn buffs.

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got mist form. For those of us who don't play vampires, Templars are just competitive. I can easily be killed, especially by groups - just keep spamming roots, fears, and Dizzying Swings.
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    @NinchiTV agreed. Sure, once you hit every class with the nerf hammer equally, a resemblance of balance may be restored but how about... building up different classes strengths?

If the Templar, with skills they've had *all along* are suddenly (precieved as) OP, then maybe it's because the other classes lost what gave them an edge and THAT should be fixed.
  • Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the Templar, with skills they've had *all along* are suddenly (precieved as) OP, then maybe it's because the other classes lost what gave them an edge and THAT should be fixed.

I’m not convinced that’s the reason for people thinking Templar is OP (everyone else being nerfed into the ground). In PVP people are simply more likely to die to a Templar purely because there are lots more of them around now. It’s just statistics. Most people initially jumped on the Templar train because of the DOTs and the change to living dark, but then realised that the class isn’t as bad as they were led to believe. The perception that Templars weren’t good for anything other than healing mostly came from PVE as they weren’t considered anywhere near top tier dps, however a Templar that has been built properly, knows how to use their kit to stay mobile and when to switch between offence and defence, has always been a formidable opponent in PVP.

I’ve actually been playing on my NB, DK and Sorc alts more often recently and I don’t think they are any weaker than they used to be. They can still hold there own against other players, even Templars. The only difference has been that because of DOTs, I’ve had to play more defensively when a battle is going to take longer than two or three rotations.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I've been hesitant to run other classes beyond my templar because when I do; I get plastered with DOTs if I gi anywhere near a large group and it seems while I'm on anything else, I notice my friends are mostly still on sDK, sWarden, with maybe a mSorc. There are other templars but the group fluctuates from 2-10 most nights.

So there is another fold to this I dont see people talking about when it comes to small man. A lot run stam in that setting and the good vigor no longer cross heals so there is less group support without having enough to ball up with dedicated roles.

Last night early, I was on stam, there were 4 or 5 of us and we went to check a resource. Wound up with a zerg chasing us. 1 group member was singled out, needed heals, but no one was able to throw anything significant out. I switched back to my magplar right after. I dont stand there and heal usually. Hate that, but I do throw out a bailout when I can.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »

sorcs get eaten up by the pressure, but hey at least they can streak away...i guess... unless that templar has a snare and gap closer..well better hope you can put enough distance in your 4 streaks before your magic starts getting dangerously low. Maybe spam your twilight heal because surly you can out heal the templar jabbing/dots/potl and its sweep. No? oh well at least we have shields! oof 3.9k mag for a 5k shield and 3k mag for a 5k shield? Since I've been playing on magplar since this patch I havent died to a sorc once. I purge their curse, block their frags, and dot and jab while they shield spam. Oh they try and run, but theyre moving 40% slower and I got a gap closer ;)

Everytime I fight a DK theyre in MY house, theyre exactly where I want them. Im a tank after all standing in my rune getting HoTs with minor mending. The jab HoT, cleanse HoT are really strong with minor mending sometimes I dont even need to HotD.

NBs...basically free AP. They try and cloak and you jab...and jab...and jab to keep em in your sight. The sweep hits just as hard probably harder than their incap.

Havent seen many wardens im afraid. But I have nothing to worry about. Perma frost? I'll just mist form. you can block their beetle so thats easy to mitigate. Bird spam with flies? How bout I cleanse and jab you bet I got more burst.

Less to even worry about necros, they have worse burst and dmg than a warden. Oh no watch out for the giant zombie guy warning you to dodge roll and side step the ult. Mmmk so whats next up your sleeve necro? Ohhh your already dead because you have no damage out side your ult. Hmm shame.

That leaves tempalrs. Those sweet sweet meta hoppers who think jab in a auto win button (which it can be sometimes) Those inexperience templars im sure you have come across hit the floor hard. Not sure what theyre doing wrong because they normally die in a few secs of us meeting. But for the experience templars now those are some fights. It basically comes down to a game of chicken. We both had enough and we want to end it so we stay on our front bar and duke it out. We both hit 25% HP so do you call his bluff and continue the attack or do you pull out and heal. At this moment is when the victor is decided.

No other class has given me that close of a fight this patch. Not saying im the best there ever was but for somebody to never play templar in 6 years playing to just smack everybody with craft able sets mind you says something. Of all the classes I learned this is by far the easiest. And they didnt even make big changes to templar this patch. Its been strong for a long, long time. And its long overdue other classes were brought up to this level again and receive some GOT damn buffs.

hahah, so basically what you're saying is - Sorc is bad atm. Because everything you mentioned could be done for the last 4 years, most of it much stronger the further back you go. Remember cleansing frags before they even hit you?

You're not fighting MagDks in that tiny little rune for 2.5k Resists, especially if you're just sweeping. Get some clips of some decent MagDks that you have no issue with?

You must be fighting Tyro NB's if they can't escape or you're *** hot at guessing where they went. Also, the "no cast time" sweep that you said was OP, I'll take a .1s or whatever it is cast time if you smack something like a silence or a stun on it, no problemo.

You've been pigeonholed into being a vampire, go drop that and see how you get on afterwards. I'm guessing not nearly as good - Anyone can mist form around Cyrodil or BG's all day long and never die, that doesn't impress anyone and once again, hasn't changed since the start.

Templar Templar fights come down to who is the biggest ***, you're right - But I usually find it's down to who runs a wet tanky setup, vs who wants to put out actual damage and actually scrap. There's almost always 1 turtle and they almost always lose.

I don't want to sound like a knob, but I just watched one of your clips and you are the turtle - Anyone can run 30k resists, SNB and Vamp for full tank with 1500 SD and 34k Mag (little damage) and you're right, it's an easy playstyle. None of what you're doing has changed much for the last 4 years and won't change next patch apart from you're putting on bubble.

You would die to any templar that wants to put out damage rather than tank and heal because you wouldn't get off that back bar.

If you're gauging Templar as "Super Meta" because they're able to block heal and mistform about, thats a Super Lol.
    None of what you're doing in your videos will change next patch, just the masses won't be on them because word is out that Templar is bad, and that's all that matters.
    Edited by BNOC on October 4, 2019 2:06PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

hahah, so basically what you're saying is - Sorc is bad atm. Because everything you mentioned could be done for the last 4 years, most of it much stronger the further back you go. Remember cleansing frags before they even hit you?

You're not fighting MagDks in that tiny little rune for 2.5k Resists, especially if you're just sweeping. Get some clips of some decent MagDks that you have no issue with?

You must be fighting Tyro NB's if they can't escape or you're *** hot at guessing where they went. Also, the "no cast time" sweep that you said was OP, I'll take a .1s or whatever it is cast time if you smack something like a silence or a stun on it, no problemo.

You've been pigeonholed into being a vampire, go drop that and see how you get on afterwards. I'm guessing not nearly as good - Anyone can mist form around Cyrodil or BG's all day long and never die, that doesn't impress anyone and once again, hasn't changed since the start.

Templar Templar fights come down to who is the biggest ***, you're right - But I usually find it's down to who runs a wet tanky setup, vs who wants to put out actual damage and actually scrap. There's almost always 1 turtle and they almost always lose.

I don't want to sound like a knob, but I just watched one of your clips and you are the turtle - Anyone can run 30k resists, SNB and Vamp for full tank with 1500 SD and 34k Mag (little damage) and you're right, it's an easy playstyle. None of what you're doing has changed much for the last 4 years and won't change next patch apart from you're putting on bubble.

You would die to any templar that wants to put out damage rather than tank and heal because you wouldn't get off that back bar.

If you're gauging Templar as "Super Meta" because they're able to block heal and mistform about, thats a Super Lol.
    None of what you're doing in your videos will change next patch, just the masses won't be on them because word is out that Templar is bad, and that's all that matters.

You're "arguing" with someone who claims they don;t want to nerf templars and yet keeps posting specious essays of how OP they are. For ex, they "forgot" they use 2 cost reduction runes lowering the cost of Reflective Light as if that's relevant because.... what, cost reduction runes only work for Templars?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because Templar is actually a really decent class now and many of the other classes have been watered down and nerfed to the point where they’re not much fun to play anymore.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

You're "arguing" with someone who claims they don;t want to nerf templars and yet keeps posting specious essays of how OP they are. For ex, they "forgot" they use 2 cost reduction runes lowering the cost of Reflective Light as if that's relevant because.... what, cost reduction runes only work for Templars?

I know, I'd wrote it all except the last bit before I decided to watch some clips.

After I done that I realised it's a classic case of someone who doesn't actually play a Templar but instead, a tank/healer hybrid who was giving their opinion on a class being OP because they're falling on a playstyle that hasn't changed in years.

I wonder what he would have said when he could use Malubeth and reactive with it.

I think in the posts you were replying to, he listed about 37 OP templar skills, that was worth a laugh.

30m resource battle players shouldn't be talking about what's OP on that class imo.
    Edited by BNOC on October 4, 2019 3:13PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Because Templar is actually a really decent class now and many of the other classes have been watered down and nerfed to the point where they’re not much fun to play anymore.

I think this is the issue too.

First they added a baseline for all abilities. Then they did a Templar pass and overbuffed then. This patch it’ll be Warden and DKs turn to be brought up to the new baseline. Eventually all the classes will have a go.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really annoying root spam with living dark, abnoxious gap closer that makes you take 10% more dmg, javelin stun with very delayed break free, best cleanse in the dot meta, stacking thaumaterge anyway to buff jabs makes all their other dots really strong, add to that the fact that they were always the easiest class to stay alive on (brainless block and spam Honor the dead)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    Really annoying root spam with living dark, abnoxious gap closer that makes you take 10% more dmg, javelin stun with very delayed break free, best cleanse in the dot meta, stacking thaumaterge anyway to buff jabs makes all their other dots really strong, add to that the fact that they were always the easiest class to stay alive on (brainless block and spam Honor the dead)

That now you get about the same heals as vigor from purify + heal everyone else + extra heals from OP bubble.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That now you get about the same heals as vigor from purify + heal everyone else + extra heals from OP bubble.

Probably doesnt help that they removed major defile from a bunch of abilities before all this.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

Probably doesnt help that they removed major defile from a bunch of abilities before all this.

Only thing major defile did was screw non templars.
    PS4 EU DC

• Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It kind of gave you a couple seconds to take them down if they didnt cleanse it immediately though.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It kind of gave you a couple seconds to take them down if they didnt cleanse it immediately though.

Yet the point is the class you needed it to be the most effective against has a built in counter to it.
    PS4 EU DC

• Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    They are more than easy mode. Magplars are now no-brainer class.

[Quoted post has been removed.]

Ok lets be real here; templar has a lot in its kit thats really really useful especially if you can utilize all 3 of its branches.

Radial sweep has no cast time, very cheap (70 ult) and does big burst dmg along with pressure after the hit.
    toppling charge off balances people which you put points into thau in cp and you do 10% more dmg for 7 secs
    Minor protect from jabbing along with anti cloak with it
    burning light is FREE dmg

sun flare is a snare, dot and procc maj prop stack with a little extra crit from a set and your at an EZ 45% crit in pvp, with all the things we have on a dude thats big. Blacklash will crit next patch when it already does great dmg. eclipse is nasty for 1v1s and shuts down direct dmg builds or at least gives em a headache. radiant destruction is a good execute if you wanna run it, thing is templar has such crazy dmg you dont even need it. Illuminate gets you 10% spell dmg for 20 secs, stacked with your major and templar gets 30% spell dmg!

Rite of passage = not dying today. Or anybody close to me. honor the dead, big burst heal that returns 60% of its cost if your below 75% HP, amazin. repentance, infinite stam (if there are bodies free cast btw) cleanse needs no comment we know how amazin it is. Rune focus; gain 8% healing done which BTW everything we do is a heal (jabs/cleans/HotD) standing in it turns you into a tank increasing your resistances by 50%...amazin. And lastly the broken and OP passive master ritualist; Gives you a 50% chance to gain a soul gem after each successful resurrection.

You could make this same argument about any class right now. The ONLY thing that annoys me about (Mag) Templars right now is the root on living dark. Thats it. If I see a Mag Templar in the distance going for that dark bubble right away I will just turn and walk away much in the same way I will if I see a NB start a fight by cloaking immediately. Not worth my time. My opinion as that most people who complain about Templars just don't play one and dont understand the class well enough to know how to deal with it. And just listing skills and passives can make any class sound strong. Even on a class thats not even great anymore like this:

Ok lets be real here, Sorc has a TON of stuff in its kit that's really really really useful if you can utilize all three branches.

Negate is expensive, but sorcs have reduced ult cost and this ultimate can shut down an ENTIRE group. No magicka abilities at all OR ults. If you drop this on a group they are done for, and not to mention it also heals your group or damages their group in a 28m range. You also get 6% cost reduction on ALL your abilities and you get increased spell crit for 20 seconds!! If you dont want expensive ults, you can go for Overload which does a TON of damage and only costs 25 ULT!!!!

Mages wrath is an execute that can be queued up with other damage for a huge burst and you also get your ultimate reduced by another 15%!! And you get an extra 20% health AND stamina recovery just for slotting any daedric skill and one of your main offensive and defensive skills is in this line which means huge recovery on both bars which also means sorcs have plenty of available stamina for break free and even roll dodging making them a very mobile mag class.

Storm calling gives you your major resistance buffs, does damage AND can pull people out of stealth, crazy right!!!!? But theres MORE! It also gives you expedition!! And your source of major sorcery is also a heal! Streak gives you a damage, stun and snare immunity and you also get 10% extra damage based on health to enemies at full health, an extra 10% shock damage, 10% mag recovery (on top of the 20% health and stam recovery) and 2% extra spell damage for ANY slotted sorcery ability. Thats easily another 8% spell damage.

You've also got a huge pet heal which is being buffed next patch by a crazy amount AND you can summon a storm atro which you can hide behind and fights for AND offers allies MAJOR beaker. That increases damage by 25%!!

And best of all no useless passives like Master Ritualist.

See? Anyone can play this game and sorc might be the hardest one lol. You can make wardens and necros sound like gods.

Well said!!! You can make an argument like that about every class... anyone asking for nerfs should also list what should be nerffed about the class they play.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 15, 2019 9:01PM
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    They are more than easy mode. Magplars are now no-brainer class.

[Quoted post has been removed.]

Ok lets be real here; templar has a lot in its kit thats really really useful especially if you can utilize all 3 of its branches.

Radial sweep has no cast time, very cheap (70 ult) and does big burst dmg along with pressure after the hit.
    toppling charge off balances people which you put points into thau in cp and you do 10% more dmg for 7 secs
    Minor protect from jabbing along with anti cloak with it
    burning light is FREE dmg

sun flare is a snare, dot and procc maj prop stack with a little extra crit from a set and your at an EZ 45% crit in pvp, with all the things we have on a dude thats big. Blacklash will crit next patch when it already does great dmg. eclipse is nasty for 1v1s and shuts down direct dmg builds or at least gives em a headache. radiant destruction is a good execute if you wanna run it, thing is templar has such crazy dmg you dont even need it. Illuminate gets you 10% spell dmg for 20 secs, stacked with your major and templar gets 30% spell dmg!

Rite of passage = not dying today. Or anybody close to me. honor the dead, big burst heal that returns 60% of its cost if your below 75% HP, amazin. repentance, infinite stam (if there are bodies free cast btw) cleanse needs no comment we know how amazin it is. Rune focus; gain 8% healing done which BTW everything we do is a heal (jabs/cleans/HotD) standing in it turns you into a tank increasing your resistances by 50%...amazin. And lastly the broken and OP passive master ritualist; Gives you a 50% chance to gain a soul gem after each successful resurrection.

You could make this same argument about any class right now. The ONLY thing that annoys me about (Mag) Templars right now is the root on living dark. Thats it. If I see a Mag Templar in the distance going for that dark bubble right away I will just turn and walk away much in the same way I will if I see a NB start a fight by cloaking immediately. Not worth my time. My opinion as that most people who complain about Templars just don't play one and dont understand the class well enough to know how to deal with it. And just listing skills and passives can make any class sound strong. Even on a class thats not even great anymore like this:

Ok lets be real here, Sorc has a TON of stuff in its kit that's really really really useful if you can utilize all three branches.

Negate is expensive, but sorcs have reduced ult cost and this ultimate can shut down an ENTIRE group. No magicka abilities at all OR ults. If you drop this on a group they are done for, and not to mention it also heals your group or damages their group in a 28m range. You also get 6% cost reduction on ALL your abilities and you get increased spell crit for 20 seconds!! If you dont want expensive ults, you can go for Overload which does a TON of damage and only costs 25 ULT!!!!

Mages wrath is an execute that can be queued up with other damage for a huge burst and you also get your ultimate reduced by another 15%!! And you get an extra 20% health AND stamina recovery just for slotting any daedric skill and one of your main offensive and defensive skills is in this line which means huge recovery on both bars which also means sorcs have plenty of available stamina for break free and even roll dodging making them a very mobile mag class.

Storm calling gives you your major resistance buffs, does damage AND can pull people out of stealth, crazy right!!!!? But theres MORE! It also gives you expedition!! And your source of major sorcery is also a heal! Streak gives you a damage, stun and snare immunity and you also get 10% extra damage based on health to enemies at full health, an extra 10% shock damage, 10% mag recovery (on top of the 20% health and stam recovery) and 2% extra spell damage for ANY slotted sorcery ability. Thats easily another 8% spell damage.

You've also got a huge pet heal which is being buffed next patch by a crazy amount AND you can summon a storm atro which you can hide behind and fights for AND offers allies MAJOR beaker. That increases damage by 25%!!

And best of all no useless passives like Master Ritualist.

See? Anyone can play this game and sorc might be the hardest one lol. You can make wardens and necros sound like gods.

Well said!!! You can make an argument like that about every class... anyone asking for nerfs should also list what should be nerffed about the class they play.

Umm using mag sorc as an example that you can make the same arguments about any class is not that convincing. Do necro or mag blade next.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 15, 2019 9:04PM
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭

Interesting comment. Im not one calling for nerfs but notice as I pvp and get more comfortable with it, that are some definite shades of "rock, paper, scissor," dynamics that I experience.

I started off with a stamblade as my main, with two sibsequent refinements (I went from a skirmishing bow/bow build, to a more aggressive dw build, and a critcat build as well) and noticed that if there was one class I struggled with more than others, it was templars.

With a stamplar and magplar now, Im noting a trend that the one class I struggle most with is the DK.

So, looks like I will rolling one of those next.

Now thats not to say that I dont die to other classes like petsorcs or stamcros, but mainly, I recognize them and if necessary can work past them. I dont fight "tanks" who just wanna absorb damage and waste my time, gankblades I find easy to discourage etc.

I imagine with DKs I might find some other class to be routinely problematic, which will drive my curiousity in trying something new.

Irs definitely one of the things Im enjoying in ESO PvP.....once you find the strengths to your playstyle, someone or some class will highlight the holes in your game, forcing you to adapt or repeatedly respawn.

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people trash talk me about being on templar ATM I just tell them "you just just rekt by my crafter" because it's true, temp first toon ever made
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    - access to a decent no-cast-time + instant burst ult (one of 2 existing in game)
    - fixed sweeps
    - annoying eclipse
    - mobility with RAT
    - decent gap closer with build-in stun
    - decent heals
    - access to 27m stun (one of 2 existing in game, if you like to Xvs1 people)

+

- aoe purge countering dot meta, yes

"TeMpLaRs ArE sTrOnG oNlY bEcAuSe Of PuRgE, uNsLoT DoTs aNd L2P" (c)
    Edited by Neloth on October 17, 2019 11:15AM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    - access to a decent no-cast-time + instant burst ult (one of 2 existing in game)
    - fixed sweeps
    - annoying eclipse
    - mobility with RAT
    - decent gap closer with build-in stun
    - decent heals
    - access to 27m stun (one of 2 existing in game, if you like to Xvs1 people)

+

- aoe purge countering dot meta, yes

"TeMpLaRs ArE sTrOnG oNlY bEcAuSe Of PuRgE, uNsLoT DoTs aNd L2P" (c)

Yeah it's funny how temps got attacked so hard this patch, they have always hit hard, people just never played them right
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Magplar is top dawg by FAR in a dot meta with easy purge.

Isnt hexproof like purge?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Magplar is top dawg by FAR in a dot meta with easy purge.

Isnt hexproof like purge?

Yeah. Necro kind of sucks though outside ulti dumps.

I really was wanting to run something different but IMO; I'd only really be willing to run magplar or magsorc for magicka; and stamplar, stamden, stamdk for my tastes in PVP. MAYBE magdk or magwarden but not really. Of the stam, with the current DOT meta I'm not a fan of most outside if templar and the putrid spammable options of the other.

Rest just feel lackluster except NB, but it feels too niche. Most dont want to get away from that niche though and would rather whine about other classes in stead.