Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curious if there has been any word on regional skins for Warden Animal Companions?

stewhead2ub17_ESO
stewhead2ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So doing a little light reading this morning regarding TES lore and Wardens and came across a very interesting old thread discussing the Warden class, in particular the launch of the class with all the Animal Companions and skills skins being so Vvardenfell centric in appearance. I've always had a problem with this and by now we pretty much know how this happened, but was curious if there had been any word or acknowledgement from ZOS about this possibly being addressed in the future. No need to turn this thread into a "Crown Store" or "fix the game" rant.
Any insight @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_AntonioP ? Thanks in advance, everyone.
Edited by stewhead2ub17_ESO on October 16, 2019 1:56PM
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you mean? Like different race wardens summoning different animals or?
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yuffie91 wrote: »
    How do you mean? Like different race wardens summoning different animals or?

Yes. Such as the use of "cliff racers" etc for races other than Dunmer is a stretch.
    @Yuffie91 sorry for the confusion. I amended the OP to try and make it more clear.
    Edited by stewhead2ub17_ESO on October 16, 2019 1:55PM
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the skill is called screaming cliff racer so I think it would be weird to change it to something else :D
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yuffie91 wrote: »
    But the skill is called screaming cliff racer so I think it would be weird to change it to something else :D

Haha it's fine for a Dunmer Warden, but for instance a Khajiit or Orc Warden should summon a different animal.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So doing a little light reading this morning regarding TES lore and Wardens and came across a very interesting old thread discussing the Warden class, in particular the launch of the class with all the Animal Companions and skills skins being so Vvardenfell centric in appearance. I've always had a problem with this and by now we pretty much know how this happened, but was curious if there had been any word or acknowledgement from ZOS about this possibly being addressed in the future. No need to turn this thread into a "Crown Store" or "fix the game" rant.
    Any insight @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_AntonioP ? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Dont count on it. Been three years, and we only got another color for the bear.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »

^This.^

ZOS does not seem to have time for additional skins ... going on 2 1/2 years now since Warden bear debuted.
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »

My bear wants to be a polarbear!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love for there to be different selectable options (rather than automatic based on race). I don’t even know why a bear is the default ultimate. If it’s supposed to be Vvardenfell-themed it out to have been a giant arthropod of some sort. Bears I associate more with Wrothgar.
  • Atypicalgal
    Atypicalgal
    ✭✭
    I would love new skins and models for the bear/ guardian .
    - wolf ( black - white - grey )
    - senche ( tiger - leopard - panther)
    I can think of so many more but these ones are kind of basic .
    It would make each warden slightly unique , as opposed to everyone just having a brown or grey bear.
    Anyways I can dream right?
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they release skins for these soon. I’d love a sabertooth instead of a bear and a torchbug instead of an octopus. Maybe now we can now have spectral dragons instead of cliff racers
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better skins will be for sale at the low, low price of 500 crown gems.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

I specifically requested to keep any ill feelings about the Crown Store out of this thread. Please respect the thread.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I specifically requested to keep any ill feelings about the Crown Store out of this thread. Please respect the thread.

There's no ill feelings, I assure you. Perhaps I forgot my silly, snarky emote?
    Edited by The_Lex on October 16, 2019 9:00PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Besides, although you started the thread, you can't control what people post.

Edit: Jokes aside, if ZOS provides Warden pet skins (which I highly doubt they'll do - they'll also deal with Sorcs who will want alt skins), make no mistake that it will most certainly be a crown store item.

Edited by The_Lex on October 16, 2019 9:04PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Jokes aside, if ZOS provides Warden pet skins (which I highly doubt they'll do - they'll also deal with Sorcs who will want alt skins), make no mistake that it will most certainly be a crown store item.

500 Crowns doesn’t seem unreasonable and is the same as some of the less expensive outfits. Did anyone think Warden pet reskins wouldn’t be a Crown Store item if they were ever made? So long as they were reasonably priced and not, worse, Gem exclusives, I would be quite happy to buy them. :)
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks I'm aware how forums work. I don't think you understood the post. It's not asking for skins to be available (though a different topic I would love to see more sorc skins available). The point of the thread was about making the Warden Animal Companion skill line and pet more region and race specific, not additional purchases.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks I'm aware how forums work. I don't think you understood the post. It's not asking for skins to be available (though a different topic I would love to see more sorc skins available). The point of the thread was about making the Warden Animal Companion skill line and pet more region and race specific, not additional purchases.

I get it. But that won't realistically happen. They'd have to rewrite Warden code from the ground up and rename skills for each race to do it. Then I could foresee serious glitches.

The only way it could be feasible is through the purchase of skins. But you'd still have the disconnect on skill names vs the region-specific skin.

Edited by The_Lex on October 16, 2019 9:26PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I enjoy how both mag and stam wardens play and feel, their skills (except the bear) mostly look like neon cartoons to me. I so wish that plant based skills were dark green natural looking vines instead of the silly looking neon mushrooms. And I can never associate a warden with ice or summoning bugs or netches. Should be vines and furry or feathered critters and for Mara's sake - not in neon cartoon colors.

Would be lovely to have a hawk in addition to (or instead of) the cliff racer. Minor generic changes to name and icon for skill should not be hard to work for either.

Though I like the bear and love having my main summon as an ultimate instead of how the sorc has to use a 'real' slot for their pets. Though I like the two options for bear skins, would like to see honeyblond grizzly, 'ghost/spirit' and snow bear options as well. And yes, would also like options to select wolf/bear/tiger for the guardian.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 16, 2019 11:17PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word, but it would be too much for them to make regional variants per race etc. if anything they should remove the "Morrowind" themed animals and replace with generic animals that are found all over. Bear and Shalk are found everywhere so its mainly Cliff Racer that should be changed to a generic bird. IDK about Swarm and Netch, ive grown fond of meh betty.

Also ive always thought that Warden was meant to be released with Orsinium, which included 3 bear costumes and the sets from Maelstrom scream Warden?
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on October 16, 2019 11:21PM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main