Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

will upper stage vampirism be declared illegal?

manyrabidrats
manyrabidrats
✭✭✭
I always found it a bit annoying when this happened in the ES series, but I understand the reason. I know any answers are pure speculation at this point, but will upper stage vampirism be attacked by guards when the law and punishment system is in place?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting....But I believe they would have to create a safehaven for these types if they did. Otherwise a good bit of the playerbase would be forced out of interacting with their banks, guild stores and vendors in general.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting....But I believe they would have to create a safehaven for these types if they did. Otherwise a good bit of the playerbase would be forced out of interacting with their banks, guild stores and vendors in general.

Well, yes and no. Just as in Elder Scrolls games, you can choose to live on the fringes of society and deal with the drawbacks. All someone would need to do to get into a town is feed.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they bring it in with the Crime and Punishment feature.

Still trying to figure out the downside of being a werewolf :open_mouth:
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I think there should be consequences like that, and it would also make for some interesting play. I agree that there should be a safe haven though, so they can still use basic gameplay elements like the bank, vendors, etc. Or mayhaps a black market sort of deal, for the underworld dealings.
  • UniscornScarebear
    I hope so!
    Maybe implement players being able to buy a house so they can at least store their items there and add some shady vendors, or add the Dark Brotherhood and make that their safe haven :smile:
    Edited by UniscornScarebear on April 15, 2014 3:02PM
  • jeremylthb14_ESO
    Maybe something as simple as a fee to be able to "use" the town for 24 hours. Could even reduce the fee as you do quests in the area.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a limit to the consequences of becoming a vampire. I know people want to see more of the Elder Scrolls SP game mechanics in this game. But unlike the SPs...people have Banks in this game. ZOS cant just slap consequences onto things. Theyd have people in an uproar.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really hope they do when they add the crime system.. its so strange going up to a vendor being OBVIOUSLY messed up (to boot I am a lizard)

and they talk to you like its no thing. This has to be changed and making consequences like this would make it a tough choice (and a lot more fun)

"I need to go feed so I can use the bank"