The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Classes

Eniredir
Eniredir
✭✭
So I've asked this question before about Magicka Classes, but regarding stamina, which one do you guys enjoy the most playing regarding PVP/PVE DPS? Also, keep in mind the next patch changes to the mentioned classes!

Stamina Classes 128 votes

Stamina Nightblade
20%
MisterBigglesworthdeepseamk20b14_ESOBeolundmartinhpb16_ESOactoshdeviousthevileBlkadrEnOeZXarcTheUrbanWizardNyladreassusmitdsrusselmmendozaVinterdvalaEl_BorrachoJobooAGSStarlight_KnightXkfyuThePedgensmurfer 26 votes
Stamina DK
9%
deLioncourtSaepioDelta1038zykJ18696oXI_Viper_IXoRagnarock41valeriiyaDanel_VadanBeyakGrandesdarnesakinter 12 votes
Stamina Necromancer
8%
OneForSorrowEvilKiwiBananafireraptureBobby_V_RockitLittlePinkDothuschdeguddzjeRaptorRodeoGodmacsmoothXologamerNevidyra 11 votes
Stamina Warden
16%
NirntrotterWingAztlanBoaNoiteesp1992RebornV3xSnowZeniaCasulWeisstagAnti_VirusLuckylancermaddiniiLunaZeroXFFDosuulPerashimAlienoutlawGzorbditwPopotoSaladchrighttSquawkTheMajestic 21 votes
Stamina Sorcerer
28%
SchattenfluegelThrabenAedhArwyrLoralai_907AngelisaurteladoyTBoisCalboySylvisku5hFreakin_HytteThe_LexEllyhanwolfie1.0.OrjixTommy_The_GunNevascaNelothJierdanit 36 votes
Stamina Templar
17%
ZelosLordKelsierJames-WayneFeannagmmtaniacLumsdenmlTreniaBNOCTiff_ar15Vapirkovsardracul813SupremeRissoleFiedelstrichNerftheforumsms_sophysticatedHappyTheCampersionIVlukoiSomnilux 22 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc. Hurricane FTW!

I imagine its a little like this:
    taz_whirling_tornado_t_shirt-rd26ced8ec8f647dd8f0274a583f23070_k2gml_307.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 15, 2019 12:37AM
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Stam Sorc. Hurricane FTW!

I imagine its a little like this:
    taz_whirling_tornado_t_shirt-rd26ced8ec8f647dd8f0274a583f23070_k2gml_307.jpg

Hahah Stamsorcs of Tasmania, that's funny
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    In PvE crit surge helps a lot with survivability. I never run with experienced groups so having a good hot on me is really good.

PvP: Streak. Enough said.
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    In PvE crit surge helps a lot with survivability. I never run with experienced groups so having a good hot on me is really good.

PvP: Streak. Enough said.

Lot of love for Stamsoecs, makes me want to try one eheh
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    I like playing my Stamwarden. I get to play as a ranger with an animal companion in an ES game without worrying about pet permadeath or my pet not contributing at all.

Although I do still dismiss my bear in towns and I do wish the Animal Companions skill was more customizable or generic about the critters summoned.
    Edited by Perashim on October 15, 2019 9:26AM
    Despair for the Living...
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »
    I like playing my Stamwarden. I get to play as a ranger with an animal companion in an ES game without worrying about pet permadeath or my pet not contributing at all.

Although I do still dismiss my bear in towns and I do wish the Animal Companions skill was more customizable or generic about the critters summoned.

Yeah it would be really cool.if we could customize our bear for instance!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    from worst to best in my personal opinion.

[1/6] stam templar, its not terrible, and jabs is fine, it just does not offer any kind of unique gameplay and you essentially become a nerf'd magicka templar.

[2/6] stam NB, iconic rogue like archetype ruined by its players by an over reliance on cloak spam as a crutch, even if you play it amazing you will be forever looked down upon by your peers for playing the "cloak and run away" character.

[3/6] stam sorc, *controversy* if you like hurricane's visual effect, you will love it, if not, then oh well. that said it actually is one of the better stam versions of a class as it has a unique feel and playstyle and the buffs this update are long overdue but still very cool.

[4/6] stam DK, is a solid if somewhat boring stam class, the rocks this update are a sad joke, it will change nothing. very fun once you find out how to actually play it as its not as straight forward as other stam classes.

[5/6] stam necro, is actually far more fun the magicka necro in my opinion, its actually so much more fun that I consider it the superior spec and for that reason have placed it so high, if you can out perform your magicka counterpart in fun and effectiveness then props.

[6/6] stam warden, especially after this update, as not only do they have great stamina based everything and perfect utility right where you want it, but its also the only stam spec that can pull off being a stam healer! it may not be great in vet DLC dungeons or trials, were only meta lives. but being able to play stamina as a group healer / support rather then ONLY a dps character, amazing, top tier.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    from worst to best in my personal opinion.

[1/6] stam templar, its not terrible, and jabs is fine, it just does not offer any kind of unique gameplay and you essentially become a nerf'd magicka templar.

[2/6] stam NB, iconic rogue like archetype ruined by its players by an over reliance on cloak spam as a crutch, even if you play it amazing you will be forever looked down upon by your peers for playing the "cloak and run away" character.

[3/6] stam sorc, *controversy* if you like hurricane's visual effect, you will love it, if not, then oh well. that said it actually is one of the better stam versions of a class as it has a unique feel and playstyle and the buffs this update are long overdue but still very cool.

[4/6] stam DK, is a solid if somewhat boring stam class, the rocks this update are a sad joke, it will change nothing. very fun once you find out how to actually play it as its not as straight forward as other stam classes.

[5/6] stam necro, is actually far more fun the magicka necro in my opinion, its actually so much more fun that I consider it the superior spec and for that reason have placed it so high, if you can out perform your magicka counterpart in fun and effectiveness then props.

[6/6] stam warden, especially after this update, as not only do they have great stamina based everything and perfect utility right where you want it, but its also the only stam spec that can pull off being a stam healer! it may not be great in vet DLC dungeons or trials, were only meta lives. but being able to play stamina as a group healer / support rather then ONLY a dps character, amazing, top tier.
    Really awesome insight, thank you for your reply!
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always enjoyed playing the stealthy assassin stamina nb for life if I had a second favourite magblade nothing competes to nb class.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    its my only stam toon that i feel kinda okay with. havent played it in a while as i sink 99.9% of my time into my magblade but from what i remember it just felt the best of all my stam toons ive made (1 stam toon of the original 4 classes)
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Stam Sorc all the way. It's just such a fun and fast-paced playstyle. Thanks to hurricane and crit surge, they have a ton of survivability too. The new BA is a very tasty cherry on the cake.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    I had no idea stamsorc was so high on the love list of stam players!
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    Though my main is a stamblade, templar (both flavours) have always been my fav.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Eniredir wrote: »

its getting kind of a neato looking buff and it has always been the kind of "hipster" or "off meta pic" you know the kind of "smokes pipe and pushes designer glasses further up nose in the anime way not nerd way (middle and ring finger together not pointer)"

like in a smug posh voice "I would NEVER play a stamina nightblade or a stamina warden, my stamina requires finesse and a depth of skill that only a stamina sorcerer can provide, now begone cheeky fellow before I beat you with a cricket bat"

like if you asked them if a movie was good they would probably use the phrase "tour de force" a lot, or if their macaroni and cheese was good they would call it "decedent"

THAT, is stamina sorcerer

and because its getting a neato buff your going to see ALOT of people that have "mained stamina sorcerer before it was cool" but you never saw them play them till recently, in fact they probably spent this patch on magicka templar because their stam sorc was at the dry cleaner or something, or had to gear it, or it was faction locked, or some other excuse, but rest assured they played one way back before it was cool.
    Edited by Wing on October 15, 2019 5:37PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

its getting kind of a neato looking buff and it has always been the kind of "hipster" or "off meta pic" you know the kind of "smokes pipe and pushes designer glasses further up nose in the anime way not nerd way (middle and ring finger together not pointer)"

like in a smug posh voice "I would NEVER play a stamina nightblade or a stamina warden, my stamina requires finesse and a depth of skill that only a stamina sorcerer can provide, now begone cheeky fellow before I beat you with a cricket bat"

like if you asked them if a movie was good they would probably use the phrase "tour de force" a lot, or if their macaroni and cheese was good they would call it "decedent"

THAT, is stamina sorcerer

and because its getting a neato buff your going to see ALOT of people that have "mained stamina sorcerer before it was cool" but you never saw them play them till recently, in fact they probably spent this patch on magicka templar because their stam sorc was at the dry cleaner or something, or had to gear it, or it was faction locked, or some other excuse, but rest assured they played one way back before it was cool.

Oh boy, shots fired
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina DK
    Used to be NB before they neutered it.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    I like warden, templar and dk. In that order.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Warden, it is my favorite class.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden

Like pet skins that completely change the species of the bear, and "skill skins" that alter what the animals summoned in the Animal Companions skill line.

Example alternate Bear skins: Frostbite Spider, Ice Wolf, Sanche's.

Example "skill skins:" Cliff Racer becomes a hawk/eagle, shalks become assassin beetles, etc....
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer

Like pet skins that completely change the species of the bear, and "skill skins" that alter what the animals summoned in the Animal Companions skill line.

Example "skill skins:" Cliff Racer becomes a hawk/eagle, shalks become assassin beetles, etc....

I would love that, but I think it would be more difficult to pull off for ZOS. They would not only have to offer skins, but they'd also have to change the name of the skills. Imagine pressing "Screaming Cliff Racer" and seeing a Hawk instead. Or "Shalks" and seeing Beetles.

The best way to do it is renaming the skills across the board to something generic. For example, "Eternal Guardian" ultimate can be applied to any animal really.
    Edited by The_Lex on October 17, 2019 2:22PM
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    The_Lex wrote: »

I would love that, but I think it would be more difficult to pull off for ZOS. They would not only have to offer skins, but they'd also have to change the name of the skills. Imagine pressing "Screaming Cliff Racer" and seeing a Hawk instead. Or "Shalks" and seeing Beetles.

The best way to do it is renaming the skills across the board to something generic. For example, "Eternal Guardian" ultimate can be applied to any animal really.

Yeah, it would defintely be quite difficult for the "skill skins" to be implemented. The ultimate would be relatively easy as its already ambiguous in name, so offering a spider, a wolf, or guar should be pretty easy.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    PVP Stam sorc. Dizzy is ruined and will be missed. RIP DIZZY
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    I main a stamden but trying a stamsorc to see why people like it so much (this thread) and wow... Mind blow, so smooth and fun!
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will rebuild petsorc to stamsorc next update and it seems i will get.... petsorc in the end )
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    StamPlar is super fun too but since they're FOTM I'm not playing it.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    mocap wrote: »
    will rebuild petsorc to stamsorc next update and it seems i will get.... petsorc in the end )

if you gonna consider a stamsorc, maybe make your petsorc a dunmer so you can play both builds with the same character.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    I like how despite the cries of Stamplar is so OP over the last month apparently they rank next to Stamina DK in popularity. Which kind of reinforces what I’ve been saying, if you run into a Stamplar in PvP they’re likely to be a dedicated good player capable of the most skilled salt mining. The sure as hell ain’t OP in PvE.
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    awh :( im sad that templars are so uncommon. Who doesnt want to be a warrior of the light :star:

PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    So I made a stamsorc on the pts to try out the class and compare it to my stamden. It looks super cool and the sounds of the hurricane and all are great, but I have two questions.
    How's the aoe damage compared to a stamden? Also, don't you get tired of only using a few class skills and having almost no build diversity on your stamsorc? Thanks!
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    So I made a stamsorc on the pts to try out the class and compare it to my stamden. It looks super cool and the sounds of the hurricane and all are great, but I have two questions.
    How's the aoe damage compared to a stamden? Also, don't you get tired of only using a few class skills and having almost no build diversity on your stamsorc? Thanks!

AOE damage form the class is bottom teir. and welcome to stam sorc use weapon skills or as ZOS would say.

"Now you may be asking yourself how non-class skill lines fit into this theoretical world of strong class identities. After all, if class abilities are the embodiment of power fantasy and class kits include all the basic tools required to fulfill a role, why would you bother with using abilities outside those kits? The team is still exploring this problem space, but our current thinking is that non-class lines should fulfill two primary purposes. First, they should allow you to “fill gaps” in your build when your class kit doesn’t provide the exact behaviors you need or are comfortable with. "