The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Stone giant has a Stun?

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
This ability does almost so much damage as Dyzzing Swing, not only that, it gives you stacks of damage for every time you use it and after 3 times it stuns.... Now tell me why they do this after remove the stuns from Crystal fragments and Dyzzing Swing which reason was, because they are high damage skills that they should've never stun....

I believe they are making the same mistake again and they will eventually nerf it as they did with the others....
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to cast it 3 times to get it's stun. Those stacks of damage are useful in 12-man raids, in PVP increase of dot damage from them will be small. And ability is not cheap it is ~2.4-2.5 k in heavy armor with helping hands accounted.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    This ability does almost so much damage as Dyzzing Swing, not only that, it gives you stacks of damage for every time you use it and after 3 times it stuns.... Now tell me why they do this after remove the stuns from Crystal fragments and Dyzzing Swing which reason was, because they are high damage skills that they should've never stun....

I believe they are making the same mistake again and they will eventually nerf it as they did with the others....

Dizzying swings has a knock back and a stun
    Crystal frags had a stun, increased damage, and reduced spell cost
    Stone giant you have to cast 3 times within the time limit in order to stun and get the damage buff

Not really the same things
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s poetry time boys.

Respond to nerf threads with haiku

Stone giant is fine
    Stop trying to nerf what kills you
    Ask for cc fix
    Edited by max_only on October 16, 2019 6:09PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to cast it 3 times to get it's stun. Those stacks of damage are useful in 12-man raids, in PVP increase of dot damage from them will be small. And ability is not cheap it is ~2.4-2.5 k in heavy armor with helping hands accounted.

That is not the point. The main reason is that auxiliary mechanics should be separated from damage dealer skills.

It has nothing to be that you need 3 stacks or it costs more... Because then I would say: please bring the Stun back to Crystal fragments after cast the skill 3 times.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dizzying swings has a knock back and a stun
    Crystal frags had a stun, increased damage, and reduced spell cost
    Stone giant you have to cast 3 times within the time limit in order to stun and get the damage buff

Not really the same things

Not the same things of course... But very similar.

Crystal fragments has reduced cost, has a cast time, and if it procs than is instant and deal more damage, WHEN it procs!!!

Stone giant has no cast time, deals almost the same damage as Dyzzing Swing, every cast increase more the damage and after 3 times it stuns.

Sorry to say but the proc totally aleatory chance of Crystal fragments is very inferior, in my opinion, to a very reliable skill that will for sure stun after 3 times.

And all this without know if both skills have the same projectile Speed and can be roll dodge for COMPLETE.
    Edited by teladoy on October 16, 2019 6:17PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    It’s poetry time boys.

Respond to nerf threads with haiku

Stone giant is fine
    Stop trying to nerf what kills you
    Ask for cc fix

the winds of Elsweyr
    I've drawn out my sword
    a gift from ESO
    ;)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not the point. The main reason is that auxiliary mechanics should be separated from damage dealer skills.

It has nothing to be that you need 3 stacks or it costs more... Because then I would say: please bring the Stun back to Crystal fragments after cast the skill 3 times.

Ok. I agree and support you. Reduce frags range to 15 meters (like happened to stonefist) and make it apply stacks of stagger increasing damage from each source for 45 for each stack before battle spirit. If target is not cc-immune, 3rd cast consumes stacks and stuns the target.

And dizzy is clearly overnerfed... well, dizzy&onslaught are definitely OP on live and both harshly nerfed, I think both abilities should be slightly buffed back. For example dizzy may apply stun instead of knockback and onslaught cost reduced to 125.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to hit someone three times with the same skill to stun someone in PVP seems more like a telegraph for them to block, dodge or become CC immune, rather than a “guaranteed stun”, but maybe that’s just me.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone giant is similar with old frags but it is the balanced version.

Damage buff is useless at PvP and stun is useless in PvE. Stun is good at PvP and damage is good at PvE. Perfectly balanced. Good job Gilliam!
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stone giant is red,
    Tears are blue,
    After next patch,
    Your dizzy will be poo.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck getting that stun in PvP.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here for the haikus
    I cannot haiku
    Stop with the nerf requests
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shaja-nushmeeko
    a maid stunned by a giant of stone
    a lusty argonian
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on October 17, 2019 3:30PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭