Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ranks Above Veteran

Torigoma
Torigoma
So, Its inevitable that the level Cap will eventually be raised. Content wise, this is not a problem. There are dozens of Provences (major and Minor) that we've not visited yet, as well as many Planes of Oblivion and Aedric Realms we've not even seen, and even an entire other Continent.
Level Wise, it's a bit more Tricky. Most other games would just add more Levels, but ESO does not work that way. Once you Hit the "Level Cap" of 50, there are 10 more "Ranks" for you to progress through. So, how do you think Levels after this Ranks will work? I Can see 3 Options;
1) Increases the Ranks, I.E. Vet Rank 11-20. The most likely option.
2) Introduce a new Ranking, I.E Master Rank 1-10 after Vet Rank. essentially the same as #1, but gives a greater feeling of progression.
3) Increase the Number of actual levels, and bump Vet rankings up. I.E levels 1-60, then 1-10 Vet. The Least likely to happen, as entire zones and equipment would have to be redone, but still a possibility.
Edited by Torigoma on April 15, 2014 1:30PM
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    I expect more veteran ranks and even harder content. We might also get more races to play with, for example Akaviri, with their own 1-50 content, but that will probably be the stuff of a large expansion a few years down the road.

Short-term we will likely get more adventure zones. And horse armor, of course. ;)
    Edited by Gaudrath on April 15, 2014 1:35PM
  • Torigoma
    Torigoma
    The Akaviri would interesting, especially if the whole Tsaesci things is correct.