The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the highest number of surveys you have ever collected?

Lariana
Lariana
✭✭✭✭
So typically I tend to collect my crafting surveys in my bank from daily writs across ten characters until they get to about 200 or so, and then I go farm them all in one very long sitting. This time I had a surplus of mats so they have accumulated to 300+ now, and I'm considering just letting them build up until I'm in a very serious need of mats. In some weird way I want to see if I can get them up to 500...

It got me thinking, how frequently do you go to collect all your surveys? Surely I can't be the only one who lets them sit in my bank for a very long time :innocent:
Not even daedra have two left feet!

What is the highest number of surveys you have ever collected? 45 votes

1-100 (= I do them as soon as I get them)
37%
CaffeinatedMayhemTaleof2CitiesLumsdenmlFreakin_HyttePuzzlenutsLady_LindelDeep_01Alinhbo_TyakaStratlocFibericredlink1979Starlockpdblakekatanagirl1CirantilleInAMinuteSipofMaim 17 votes
101-200
24%
SpAEkusJenziRebornV3xfirerapturebeadabowHappyTheCamperrothtwinsdadUncleJimYaYaPineappleAraneae6537Pauls 11 votes
201-300
2%
ms_sophysticated 1 vote
301-400
8%
BeolundSoellaLarianabmnoble 4 votes
401-500
6%
Pinesytmbrinksmiscreant7 3 votes
501-1000
2%
adirondack 1 vote
1000+ (yep, I'm a mad hoarder)
13%
InklingsBenevolentBowdmethod__01simoxiris56Heatnix90 6 votes
Not interested in doing crafting writs.
0%
I destroy them as soon as I get them. (You monster!)
2%
Sparr0w 1 vote
What are surveys?
2%
Zacuel 1 vote
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    401-500
    I currently have over 1100 surveys stored up between my two accounts waiting to collect.

I collect them when I get over 10 in a location, and collect them on the weekend when I have more time.

However, when Multicraft was announced, I collected a majority of the surveys I had (probably around 500) of them over a 3 day span. Did not refine the materials. I did this so I'd have a large number of raw materials to use to test if the multicraft system was working when they introduced it on PTS. (it worked :smile: )
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    301-400
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I currently have over 1100 surveys stored up between my two accounts waiting to collect.

I collect them when I get over 10 in a location, and collect them on the weekend when I have more time.

However, when Multicraft was announced, I collected a majority of the surveys I had (probably around 500) of them over a 3 day span. Did not refine the materials. I did this so I'd have a large number of raw materials to use to test if the multicraft system was working when they introduced it on PTS. (it worked :smile: )

Yeah, I really love the new Multicraft feature when it comes to refining everything... it might also be part of the reason I've decided to hoard them for a bit longer. It's also quite a nice way to keep track of all the gold tempers (and others) that drop :smile:
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't accumulate many as I use surveys and treasure maps as time fillers waiting for group finder or traveling between daily quests.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actual answer: 15-20

I do surveys daily, part of daily farming. Used to collect them during the week for weekend farming, but then I lost my job so...
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 9, 2019 4:29PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do them when they’re taking up too much inventory ... around 20 has been my limit as of late.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall account one has over 2700 and account two 1700+...

Fun Fact: all the surveys will fit on one character (max slots) and have enough room left over to do writs and earn more.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    401-500
    If I recall account one has over 2700 and account two 1700+...

Fun Fact: all the surveys will fit on one character (max slots) and have enough room left over to do writs and earn more.

Yup, there are only 150 unique surveys at this point. Eventually, we may need a 2nd character, if they continue to put surveys in the new chapter zones, but that would be a while off, with only 6 a year added. I keep all of mine on one character as well, with Coward's Fjord's to run quickly to each of the places. (I am aware there are other set combinations as well)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2000+- maybe more,all in a mule toon

PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    301-400
    Usually let them build up for months, last time I harvested the equipment ones was in August, after letting them build up since the Anniversary event.

Alchemy and Enchanting ones, I intend to see what the max stack size is with my own eyes for surveys and then do some of them.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are surveys?
    ._.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    101-200
    I currently have over 130 — I thought that was a LOT until I see what others have posted here... I try to remember to grab surveys before going into whatever zone but I guess my exploration progresses much slower than my crafting! :lol:
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot more options should be provided. I think it's funny how you made the intervals (in hundreds) assuming that all people just stack them in a HUGE pile.

My stacks never get higher than 15. I usually pick them up at 10 but I'm doing them daily due to inventory management.

FYI If I ever had to collect 100 surveys I would surely die bored.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder about all the players with stacks above 500-1k... Are you REALLY going to pick them up?!?! LOL
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    401-500
    I wonder about all the players with stacks above 500-1k... Are you REALLY going to pick them up?!?! LOL

Eventually. As stated. I collect them when I get a stack to 10+, so I just have 500+ on each account, but they'll be picked up eventually.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    101-200
    I use them, but I am also lazy and go to the guild stores to buy mats for craft writs, which helps boost the overall economy. I'd say the ratio varies from over 300 total, to less than 100 total after a day or two of grinding out surveys.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Eventually. As stated. I collect them when I get a stack to 10+, so I just have 500+ on each account, but they'll be picked up eventually.

Collecting survey reports forever :D

• pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to do them straightaway, usually in between dolmens, geysers, dragons etc, waiting for things to spawn. I call them boredom killers.
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have a stockpile of survey's but of late I have noticed my stockpile is diminishing dramatically. I have 11 crafters, all level 50 in each of the crafting arts. In the last week I got a total of three Blacksmith surveys. The previous week I got four. Clothing & Woodwork survey drops were slightly better, but not enough dropped to sustain my weekly material stockpile drain caused by doing writs.

Have they nurfed the drop rate of survey's in the last few weeks or is it the RNG just having a field day with me?

• svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually collect them all week and then harvest them all on my main toon on Saturday morning over some coffee and a Netflix movie.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier this year I collected all the surveys on my writ characters for 4 months then did them all while binging the entire Star Wars and Harry Potter film collections. Somewhere in the vicinity of 1300 surveys, my highest being 44 woodworking surveys in Craglorn (was either I or III).
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you merely collected surveys. I was born in them, molded by them.....

vttXG7M.png
    Edited by Inklings on October 16, 2019 4:13AM
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    301-400
    Inklings wrote: »
    you merely collected surveys. I was born in them, molded by them.....

vttXG7M.png

Right. You win.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do mine almost straightaway, and treasure maps, to kill time waiting for bosses et al to spawn.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    101-200
    Grey17 wrote: »
    I used to have a stockpile of survey's but of late I have noticed my stockpile is diminishing dramatically. I have 11 crafters, all level 50 in each of the crafting arts. In the last week I got a total of three Blacksmith surveys. The previous week I got four. Clothing & Woodwork survey drops were slightly better, but not enough dropped to sustain my weekly material stockpile drain caused by doing writs.

Have they nurfed the drop rate of survey's in the last few weeks or is it the RNG just having a field day with me?

I don't know if the survey drop rate has been altered, but with the addition of the blue jewelry crafting master writs and changes to the drop rates of the jewelry mats, the chances of getting a survey have probably dropped. This is simply because there are more possibilities in what the player can get for completing a daily jewelry crafting writ. This only applies to jewelry surveys, however.

Regarding the other surveys, I have noticed fewer surveys being in the containers for completing crafting writs too. So, maybe you are correct. I don't craft as much as I used to, because I am playing less these days (many reasons for that, and not all are related to the game itself). I might have to start doing a lot of crafting writs again to see the results. Interesting observation.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    401-500
    beadabow wrote: »
    Grey17 wrote: »

I don't know if the survey drop rate has been altered, but with the addition of the blue jewelry crafting master writs and changes to the drop rates of the jewelry mats, the chances of getting a survey have probably dropped. This is simply because there are more possibilities in what the player can get for completing a daily jewelry crafting writ. This only applies to jewelry surveys, however.

Regarding the other surveys, I have noticed fewer surveys being in the containers for completing crafting writs too. So, maybe you are correct. I don't craft as much as I used to, because I am playing less these days (many reasons for that, and not all are related to the game itself). I might have to start doing a lot of crafting writs again to see the results. Interesting observation.

survey drop rate, master writ drop rate, and improvement drop rates are all independent of one another. You can get all 3 from the same writ.
  • ms_sophysticated
    201-300
    I’m going to see just how high I can stack them lol
    Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
    CHARACTER INFO:
    mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade