The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Summerset Spoiler] Who controls the Crystal Tower now

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Nocturnal was trying to repair it with her own power and thereby control the Tower.
But since the Vestige used Dawnbreaker, does that also mean Meridia controls the Tower now?
There seemed to be the implication that she hid inside Darien and thereby at the correct time got transferred into Dawnbreaker and in that way snuck into the Crystal Tower without anyone realizing, except maybe Darien at the very end in the book upstairs in the Alinor Palace after the questline is finished.
Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 30, 2019 5:44PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left the defenses in the hands of the Sapiarchs and the Psijic Order. Presumably, I'm not a complete idiot and warned them aboit Meridia's influence when I explained what happened...but you never know. Sometimes ESO decides that my character is an idiot.

However, given that Crystal Tower operates unharmed until the Oblivion Crisis when its destroyed by daedric hordes summoned by the Mythic Dawn, we can guess that Meridia doesn't do much if she did wind up with control.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 30, 2019 7:12PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably, I'm not a complete idiot and warned them aboit Meridia's influence when I explained what happened...but you never know. Sometimes ESO decides that my character is an idiot.

Or no one except possibly Sotha Sil is meant to have figured it out. And he doesn't always share what he knows. Curious that he reminds the Vestige that divine power is required to fix the Heart but at no point does anyone take a side trip first to grab something. That's either a plot hole or Sotha Sil knowing something, because he tells it to you privately.
    Why the Vestige doesn't question going into the Tower without a source of divine power is probably just plot-necessary idiocy though.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Presumably, I'm not a complete idiot and warned them aboit Meridia's influence when I explained what happened...but you never know. Sometimes ESO decides that my character is an idiot.

Or no one except possibly Sotha Sil is meant to have figured it out. And he doesn't always share what he knows. Curious that he reminds the Vestige that divine power is required to fix the Heart but at no point does anyone take a side trip first to grab something. That's either a plot hole or Sotha Sil knowing something, because he tells it to you privately.
    Why the Vestige doesn't question going into the Tower without a source of divine power is probably just plot-necessary idiocy though.

Oh, I was so bothered by that plot hole. Like, "Couldn't you have told me so I could go hunting for one while I was off bargaining with Daedric Princes?"

I would have been fine with losing it along the way, or even a comment like "Hey, there are a bunch of artifacts on X floor of the Crystal Tower, I'm sure you'll find more than enough."

However, I did enjoy that it set up the very subtle and very amusing spectacle of Sotha Sil very carefully avoiding the whole "So why can't you, one of the gods of the Tribunal, give me an artifact?" question, right in front of Mephala.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 31, 2019 2:30AM
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I left the defenses in the hands of the Sapiarchs and the Psijic Order. Presumably, I'm not a complete idiot and warned them aboit Meridia's influence when I explained what happened...but you never know. Sometimes ESO decides that my character is an idiot.

However, given that Crystal Tower operates unharmed until the Oblivion Crisis when its destroyed by daedric hordes summoned by the Mythic Dawn, we can guess that Meridia doesn't do much if she did wind up with control.

A possibility that they could do is that the Crystal Tower wasn't destroyed but removed from the island of Summerset to Meridia's world when Mehrunes Dagon was attacking... So, to the High Elves, it looked like it was destroyed by the Oblivion Invasion but in reality. It could have been moved so that Meridia doesn't lose it. Granted, this means she would have two Crystal Towers in her realm...

Another possibilities is that upon destruction, the tower went back into being Dawnbreaker which is why we NEVER saw Dawnbreaker until Skyrim. It was the Crystal Tower the whole time. This could mean that the power of the Crystal Tower is in Dawnbreaker itself in Skyrim.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »

A possibility that they could do is that the Crystal Tower wasn't destroyed but removed from the island of Summerset to Meridia's world when Mehrunes Dagon was attacking... So, to the High Elves, it looked like it was destroyed by the Oblivion Invasion but in reality. It could have been moved so that Meridia doesn't lose it. Granted, this means she would have two Crystal Towers in her realm...

Another possibilities is that upon destruction, the tower went back into being Dawnbreaker which is why we NEVER saw Dawnbreaker until Skyrim. It was the Crystal Tower the whole time. This could mean that the power of the Crystal Tower is in Dawnbreaker itself in Skyrim.

I'd be more inclined to go with the simpler explanation for Dawnbreaker - it was in Crystal-Like-Law until the tower was destroyed in the Oblivion Crisis at which point Meridia got it back, which is why we didn't see it until Skyrim as the next game in the series. Dawnbreaker is cool in Skyrim, but it's not exactly "the universe altering power of condensed Crystal Tower" type cool.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merida is nothing more than a self-righteous C$% ^, I am not surprised she used us and our husband Darien for her own gain.
    She'll be back if the plot for Elsweyr means anything....
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd be more inclined to go with the simpler explanation for Dawnbreaker - it was in Crystal-Like-Law until the tower was destroyed in the Oblivion Crisis at which point Meridia got it back, which is why we didn't see it until Skyrim as the next game in the series. Dawnbreaker is cool in Skyrim, but it's not exactly "the universe altering power of condensed Crystal Tower" type cool.

Meridia could've taken the power out or we just cannot use it simply put. I mean, why would Meridia would allow us to use power of the Crystal Tower for just killing a Necromancer?