The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Puncturing Sweeps is area damage or..

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
Multiple direct attacks? Only to know if it is better to equip a lightning or Inferno staff
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right now it's a channel (counts as AoE), but next patch it will be direct damage.
    EU PC
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now is an aoe that counts as chanel and next patch will still be an aoe but will count as direct damage?

I'm asking because the inferno staff gives more damage to single attacks while lightning to aoe.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next update it will still be an aoe. The thing about sweeps is it’s considered a dot and aoe , next update it’ll be considered direct damage and aoe.

So both should be fine next update, I’d still prefer lighting though
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • SentinelRose
    If I'm not mistaken inferno buffs the closest enemy part, and the lightning staff buffs the aoe mechanic. Unless the "closest enemy takes x dmg and everyone else takes y dmg" is no longer a thing.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken inferno buffs the closest enemy part, and the lightning staff buffs the aoe mechanic. Unless the "closest enemy takes x dmg and everyone else takes y dmg" is no longer a thing.

all parts of skill buffed by lightning staff, sadly. Would be actually fun if closest-target could be buffed by fire staff and aoe part by lightning.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Fire doesn't boost direct damage -- it boosts Single Target damage. Sweeps/Jabs is boosted by Lightning.