The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1200 Ruby Ash and 1 Rosin! WTF!

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
This why I think RNG based rewards are *** at best! Wouldn't it be better to make it a flat rate so the rewards aren't lopsided?
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    My drop rate is about 1%, so for 1200 ruby ash, 120 refines I'll usually see one gold.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not normal for me! It makes me soooo mad and I feel cheated tbh
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for the bad luck... but it does have a 1.47% chance of happening. About a 1 in 68 chance. So rare, but not astronomically rare.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few weeks back, I refine a few dozen mats and got multiple golds on each stack.

Have not done any since as I know I used up my RNG Karma for a while
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There may be an intermittent bug with the RNG that's hard to pin down. Like this fellow who got 8 of the same monster shoulder -- that's 8 in a row -- out of 9 Undaunted boxes. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/494271/undaunted-store-issues

Maybe something to do with the random seed not properly refreshed and interaction with lag?
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fellow might have been me bc I think posted something about that very topic. I think ZOS hates me bc I call them out on stuff. I've always wondered if they didn't like you if they went and changed your drop rates ( like some kind of blacklist)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    There may be an intermittent bug with the RNG that's hard to pin down. Like this fellow who got 8 of the same monster shoulder -- that's 8 in a row -- out of 9 Undaunted boxes. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/494271/undaunted-store-issues

Maybe something to do with the random seed not properly refreshed and interaction with lag?

Something like this, except I’m not sure about lag being part of it.

Lots of farming and getting more than one rare drop within the next node or two convinced me that the “roll” is not updated every single time, but some time interval instead. I refine by 10 each time still. Don’t want to get burned by a bad roll more than once.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4 dreugh wax from a 2k pile of ancestor silk - bad way to start my Monday...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 5 tempers out of 200 raw today, can't remember which type. Going to buy some lottery tickets, weeee!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @buttaface Awesome!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The druegh wax and temps seem to be logical drops verses refinement but the rosin are rediculious!
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems they decided to make it unbalanced like the drop rates between plague doctor and mothers sorrow
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems they decided to make it unbalanced like the drop rates between plague doctor and mothers sorrow

Nope, not unbalanced. I have data with tens of thousands of refines, showing they have nearly identical drop rates.

Keep your conspiracy theories in General.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your an undercover ZOS worker, aren't you?!? You got graphs and charts? Well I got playable experience and I'm saying that there isn't any way, out of the past 40 refinement sessions , that I consistantly get far fewer rosin than wax and temps.
    I'm not the only one saying this. Everyone I talk to ( on console ) are having the same issue with the unbalanced return of rosin in relation to return of wax and temps.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your an undercover ZOS worker, aren't you?!? You got graphs and charts? Well I got playable experience and I'm saying that there isn't any way, out of the past 40 refinement sessions , that I consistantly get far fewer rosin than wax and temps.
    I'm not the only one saying this. Everyone I talk to ( on console ) are having the same issue with the unbalanced return of rosin in relation to return of wax and temps.

Nope... just personal refines. I even share the data... not just anecdotal evidence. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=1078240196

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always remember that when something bad with a 1% chance happens (like 1 rosin out of 1200 raw), people come to the forums to complain. But when something good with a 1% chance happens (like 3 rosin out of 100 raw), no one comes to the forums to celebrate. Misery loves company, but it also skews perceptions.