The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

jewelry writs need rework.

Dracofyre
Dracofyre
✭✭✭✭
most players still cant do since it required some traits that is extremely hard to restock, with Harmony, Triune, and bloodthirsty traits, also lack of hireling.

devs, what i have seen on most guild merchants, they are overflooded with writs by several hundreds. are you creating server lag by too much data on zones with unsold writs? i am sure they dont want it bounded, it force them to sell as vendor baits to make rooms.
during free 10 boxes, i got 1 jewel writ that i cant do due to 5 "recipe resources" needed and not yet at 50 level rank. slowest grind ever. i am surprised there isnt any jewel exp items to salvage, hurting for materials and low amounts of plates.

there are so many so-call "harvestbots" gathering non-stop on those ores and precious nodes. no fun to compete as they are on 24/7, i came back later , they still running, and i took a nap, and came back to see them still running. if they are not bot, and they could be farm sweatshop with someone take rotating turns if i assumed.
prime time are terrible with lot more gatherers, mostly craglorn zone.

if Blackreach ever get released as all new zone and story arc, i hope to see tier 2 alchemy, and jewelry upgrades or better resource nodes.
just curious, why jump from electrum to Platinum, and the gold are not included? are they saving for next tier craft? next philosopher's stone?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    most players still cant do since it required some traits that is extremely hard to restock, with Harmony, Triune, and bloodthirsty traits, also lack of hireling.

My assessment is that you’re looking to cut corners on the jewelry system as a whole, @Dracofyre.

You say players can’t. Players can by investing some time and resources up front.

I agree, some jewelry writs are still not worth doing. But, the game isn’t lagging out due to a few extra writs being sold at the traders. ;) That, and your exaggeration of how many farming bots are in the game, are all conjured in your head.

Take some time work at your jewelry crafting and you’ll get the rewards down the road.

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - Time that it takes to reach level 50 and maximizing crafting rannks depends on you and on your commitment.
    - Players can but it requires investment, something not all are willing to do.
    Harmony - Drops from daily dungeon rewards (it's a guaranteed drop)
    Triune - Purchased from war researchers in Cyrodiil (cheaper option: gather AP)
    Bloodthirsty - Drops as reward for weekly Trials quests (just run any of the Craglorn's trials once a week)
    Your shortcut to these are the traders/guild mates/friends.

- Some are not worth doing, ie: a blue jc master writ asking triune trait.
    - Jewelry needs a hireling, we all agree with that.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JC should not be so much more expensive than the other gear crafting skills, especially now since it's been in game for well over a year.

It needs a pass to bring material costs in line with the other crafting skills (like dump the unnecessary grains mechanic and just use base materials for traits and upgrades with supply similar to other gear crafting trait and upgrade materials).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    JC should not be so much more expensive than the other gear crafting skills, especially now since it's been in game for well over a year.

It needs a pass to bring material costs in line with the other crafting skills (like dump the unnecessary grains mechanic and just use base materials for traits and upgrades with supply similar to other gear crafting trait and upgrade materials).

Nope.

The scarcity of materials is intentional by ZOS.

As jewelry crafting and upgrades are not intended to be a substitute for players running content.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to see here folks, move along.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giving us more vouchers and blue writs and materials just made the market raise prices to match. We already told ZOS they were not addressing the real issue during the PTS phase but here we are.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    not trying to exaggerate, but take a look, guild vendors are full of them by hundreds.
    what i mean with that many unsold items get piling up uncontrolled and numbers of players in a zone could push closer to threshold that if we still hadnt reach yet.
    if you played other online games that was made in 1999-2001 when the tech are kinda low, there are server crashes, so we have lot of tech upgrades since 2009.
    if i had all that jewel level maxed, and have enough resources, i would buy as much i could.
    right now i am limited and only few levels away to max out. it is so slow and numbing.

others just gave me very good suggestion, and thank you and will try those very soon, just let you know, i was away for months, and only did some writs, and just recently back playing full time, i am ending Neverwinter since their devs are destroying that game by greed and never-ending nerfs that put players away in disgusted and frustration with badly scaling that made trash mobs make a lucky one shot kills and many are not happy.
    so i am back and lot to catch up. ESO seem more balanced even with some bugs but still playable.

just a thing about writs, devs should have thought about it and should let players to clear those clutters. i see no need for multiple hirelings, we all just need 1 and must be at 50 level to unlock it, just one, just enough to make players buy from others or do quest runs as others suggested.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some time watching what writs accumulate, I have gone back to destroying most of them. Usually I only keep writs with the three basic traits and the golden ones. Hunting for the expensive ingredients for the other traits is absolutely not worth the time, neither in guild stores nor in the activities that provide them.
    Edited by joerginger on October 14, 2019 11:12PM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still just junking all of them. Upgrade mats are too rare and expensive. The grain/plating grind is the problem.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    OOps! not Bloodthirsty, need Swift trait, where known to find locally?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    OOps! not Bloodthirsty, need Swift trait, where known to find locally?

Swift is purchased from Rolls Hlaalu for 20 vouchers.

They have also been taken out of the loot table for jewelry master writs. So if you got one, submit a bug report.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Giving us more vouchers and blue writs and materials just made the market raise prices to match.

More than expected.
    As it happens with other items: farm or pay the price to others, your choice.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    Upgrade mats are too rare and expensive.

Depends on how you play the game. Do you even take a few time to farm at all? Jewelry is guaranteed drop from dolmen.
    Grains are also a guaranteed drop from daily jewelry writ at the highest crafting rank.
    Edited by redlink1979 on October 14, 2019 1:48PM
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    problem with "Harvestbots" running all day 24/7 non-stop, no one likes dense forest , Malabar Tor is one of worst area to make gathering runs, due to hidden creatures or heavy guarded nodes. too much time losing on time, and rough terrian, Elyswer was easier less tree density
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracofyre Malabar Tor isn't the best place to farm. There are better places to farm, starter areas from base game are the best places of the entire due to reduce amount of time needed for the resource nodes to respawn (despite the number of player you might find there).
    If you are referring to farm jewelry mats, your best/quicker option is to join the Alik'r dolmen frenzy - those 3 dolmen in Alik'r are the ones which are closer to shrines in the entire game.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, thanks, and yes, desert area are easy to see and quick