Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon type question.

crusabella
crusabella
✭✭
I've been testing and there seems to be no difference between 1 hand weapon types. anyone able to confirm this, mainly looking to find out if there is a atk speed difference between the types. thanks in advance.
  • skylinedive
    To my understanding, all one handed weapons only differ in standard damage and appearance, unless otherwise specified by a skill. Maybe there's a difference in hard attacks? A hard attack with a dagger might be faster but less damage vs a mace that's slower but does more damage. Not sure on that one.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if there is an attack speed difference (in previous Elder Scrolls games they specified that, eg, swords are faster than axes which are faster than maces or some such difference)... but their damage ratings seem to be the same for the same level of weapon (crafted).

One difference is that some skills offer different bonuses based on your weapon type --- dagger gives crit bonus, I think, sword or axe does bleeding and I think mace ignores some of foe's armor... IF you have that passive (dual wield, I think) purchased.
  • crusabella
    crusabella
    ✭✭
    Great. Thanks for the reply.
  • wretch200
    wretch200
    ✭✭✭
    There is no difference unless you spec into Dual Wield and you use the final perk for it, which does in fact affect the weapon type.
  • PrimalScreamer
    There are some differences and those can be found in the dual wield passives. Maces and swords do bonus damage to heavy armor, axes have a chance to cause bleeding, and daggers have increased crit chance. Mace gets a 2.5% bonus while swords get a 1.5% bonus. This makes me think that there are differences in attack speed which aren't stated.

I just went back and read the actual perk and I was mistaken. Maces do 2.5% more dmg to heavy armor while swords to 1.5% more dmg overall. So swords get that bonus even if they're attacking light or medium armor. At least I think thats how works.
    Edited by PrimalScreamer on April 15, 2014 7:23PM