Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vanilla installed?

ShadowWolf613
ShadowWolf613
✭✭✭
What doe this mean? I'm clicking through the forum and all of a sudden a blueish page will come up and say vanilla installed and then says click to carry on and brings me back to the home page of the forums.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got that too, I just hit back or reload.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you on mobile? Vanilla is the forum codebase they are using and the mobile templates are just the basic Vanilla templates so they have links in the footer that display what you describe if you click on them accidentally.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on mobile? Vanilla is the forum codebase they are using and the mobile templates are just the basic Vanilla templates so they have links in the footer that display what you describe if you click on them accidentally.

Nah I'm on my work computer.

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on mobile. Also the text turns blue. Screenshot:

19BYYfG.png
    Edited by Srugzal on April 15, 2014 6:24PM
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭

Myself? No, Im on a computer.

• ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »
    Not on mobile. Also the text turns blue. Screenshot:

19BYYfG.png

When it happens to me it looks different. Like a whole new page comes up with a blue and white background. And in big letters it says Vanilla installed. Click here to carry on

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get that sometimes too. Mostly when the forums are overloaded because the servers are down. :wink:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's creepy as hell is what it is! Looks like some sort of virus or malware pop-up!

Fortunately, I already knew that the forum software or theme was called Vanilla, so it didn't alarm me too much.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for vanilla ice cream to pop out of my computer. But all thats in there are crunchy sharp things that shock you. :(
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    coffee with vanilla ice cream yummy yum yum :)
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're talking about ESO. The fact that they're already calling it "vanilla" is encouraging - the first expansion can't be far away! :D