The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

what does the donut mean?

delta_mystic
delta_mystic
✭✭✭
I am recently seeing this type of ground telegraph on streamer videos. I know the filled-in circular telegraphs designate ground AoE and CC. What does the donut-shaped (hollow center) telegraph mean?

AoQitJW.jpg

• Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stay in the middle and cop no damage..
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    thank you!! I didn't even know we could do that
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you!! I didn't even know we could do that

Boss in Coa 1 has the mechanic and a few others.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    stay in the middle and cop no damage..

What does "cop" mean in this sentence.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    In this instance cop damage means to take, or receive damage.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maythor wrote: »

I have never, in all my time on this Earth, seen "cop" used that way. Looking it up, I get this-
    . receive or obtain (something welcome).

What makes you use "cop" like that, instead of just saying, "you take no damage"?

Edit: I HAVE heard that, only in one saying though, "cop a feel", referring to touching someone else sexually, without their permission.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on September 28, 2019 6:36PM
  • SinXGreen
    SinXGreen
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

I have never, in all my time on this Earth, seen "cop" used that way. Looking it up, I get this-

What makes you use "cop" like that, instead of just saying, "you take no damage"?

Edit: I HAVE heard that, only in one saying though, "cop a feel", referring to touching someone else sexually, without their permission.

Just a guess but it's shorter to type. It also uses a minimum amount of words to convey their message.
    Edited by SinXGreen on September 28, 2019 6:47PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SinXGreen wrote: »

Just a guess but it's shorter to type. It also uses a minimum amount of words to convey their message.

I mean, that is the easy answer and I thought of that myself, then I thought, surely they know most people don't use that "cop" like that, so what would they use it like that? Really.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people don't use any words like you use them. Vernacular is a fun thing.

You ever had to order a sprite coke? Or a rd cola coke?

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

I am more of a Pepsi guy then coke, coke is too sweet for me.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg..troll is as troll does.....that much effort for one word?
    Im old...its an old saying...and things don't always have to be sexual in context.....like "Oh, he cop'ed it on the head"..that sort of thing...but then why the f am I defending my words.....arrghh… (oh ***, is that wrong as well?)
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im old...its an old saying...and things don't always have to be sexual in context.....like "Oh, he cop'ed it on the head"..that sort of thing...but then why the f am I defending my words.....arrghh… (oh ***, is that wrong as well?)

I ask one question and am called a troll. What a world we live in.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i say one word and get trolled...yea, tis a crazy world mate! ;)
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i say one word and get trolled...yea, tis a crazy world mate! ;)

K.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means the PoPo is on the case.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means that it wont damage you if you stay inside, HOWEVER... in this specific trial (if its veteran) the boss enrages if they are inside the donut
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    It means the PoPo is on the case.

they know what the donut means ;)
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair cop guv
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    It means that it wont damage you if you stay inside, HOWEVER... in this specific trial (if its veteran) the boss enrages if they are inside the donut

I've never noticed him ever enraging while inside the death donut. I tank him there inside of it in all of our vcr runs. The donut itself will wreck a dps that touches it, but the boss doesn't really do anything different.
  • whiskidou
    whiskidou
    The spellfiends in spellscar have that too, an aoe with a safe middle.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

in Australia, we use it that way.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in Australia, we use it that way.

thank you...considering that's where I am at...… ;)
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

"Can you grab me a coke?"

"Sure, what kind?"

"Dr Pepper"
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SinXGreen wrote: »

I mean, that is the easy answer and I thought of that myself, then I thought, surely they know most people don't use that "cop" like that, so what would they use it like that? Really.

Its popular in arizona and california, at least when taking about getting dope, "lets cop"
    Edited by magictucktuck on October 11, 2019 6:06PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!