The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Idea For New Mechanic To Encourage Use of Map

ScruffyWhiskers
ScruffyWhiskers
✭✭✭✭✭
Scroll runs either grabbing or retrieving often get players to fight on some of the more interesting terrain that most pvpers never even see unless they go sightseeing off the ,main keep loop. With that in mind I propose the following idea:

Each faction gets two temple locations in the home areas off from the beaten path. There are no transit shrines to these temples. There is a crude defensive structure a single wall and gate with an alter inside. NPC guards. Maybe some traps. A small group of 6 players should be able to break in and grab the relic with good work in 5 minutes. This can be changed according to desire. You cannot control the location. It is only an altar compound.

Inside each temple in an underground chamber with an alter that can hold a relic. The relic grants each faction a minor bonus and a point bonus. The relic is visible as an icon on the map as it moves just like a scroll.

There are 3 of these relics. Each faction starts with a random relic but from that point on it can only control 2 of them at their temples when placed on their altars.

This would give an incentive for players to roam around the map more. You could place the temples near some of the more interesting locations on the map. Here is a diagram with just a rough plopping down of potential locations indicated by stars. I just threw them down so it's only intended as a starting point idea.

Something to consider.

https://imgur.com/a/IWkD5Dq
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those locations are already onroute to scroll temples so your idea is basically a smallscale version of sneaky scroll stealing.
    Giving more objectives is a nice idea but I would change their locations to places farther away from main hotzones.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make better use of the existing Delves in Cyrodiil.
    Especially being that they are separate instances from the larger part of Cyrodiil (reducing lag).
    I know they give an AP boost already, but it's not enough to make any real number of players visit them regularly.

Maybe occupying the Delve offers a boon to local keeps of the same colour. Or maybe the NPCs around them become allies and alert of approaching enemies in the local territory.
    Or possibly if you own the Delve for long enough, the Boss from the Delve becomes Allied and helps to defend a local keep.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Especially being that they are separate instances from the larger part of Cyrodiil (reducing lag).
    I know they give an AP boost already, but it's not enough to make any real number of players visit them regularly.

Maybe occupying the Delve offers a boon to local keeps of the same colour. Or maybe the NPCs around them become allies and alert of approaching enemies in the local territory.
    Or possibly if you own the Delve for long enough, the Boss from the Delve becomes Allied and helps to defend a local keep.

Don't know about the others but I allways get horribly long loading screens with those delves.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they gave some sort of safe zone I guess it wouldn't be too bad, similar to Imperial City :)
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »

This. I like this idea more tbh. Make Delves useful.
    Question is what the incentive could be...it has to be good enough to make the AP hungry potato PvDoor zergs spread...and you also don't want to have 60 ppl there. Something interesting that attracts only 10-20 ppl at the same time. How do you do that? xD