Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

feedbacks on daily crafting writs, on alchemy. some issue with it.

Dracofyre
Dracofyre
✭✭✭✭
most times i dont see mudcrab chittins from hireling gatherers. i get daily writs requiring chittins, they are pain to restock, only see a chittin drop like 1 in 20-25 kills, very bad ratio or RNG hates me?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    most times i dont see mudcrab chittins from hireling gatherers. i get daily writs requiring chittins, they are pain to restock, only see a chittin drop like 1 in 20-25 kills, very bad ratio or RNG hates me?

The Chitin has long been a pain point, as it doesn't drop from the surveys you can receive.

(This is one case where I'm thankful for the bots in the game, as they farm the mudcrabs to sell the chitin keeping the price lower.... even if they are violating the TOS)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just buy Mudcrab chitin off guild stores, takes a bit of searching to find a good price.

The RNG for drops is so low I would not gather enough for my daily writ crafting, without dedicating a day or more to hunting Mudcrabs and to be honest even if they made the drop rate 1-1, I would still buy off guild stores.

Its one mat I am happy to let the bots in game farm and supply, I miss 40 gold a piece Mudcrab Chitin, lately its been anywhere from 80 - 300 gold a piece, I don't pay much over the 100 mark though. (On PC/NA)
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can be farmed fairly easy. I have my favorite spot, it takes about 20 minuets to get about 50.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracofyre Rng hates you imo. I farm a bit of mudcrabs everyday, my drop rate has always been kind of good. Somewhere around 1 chillin per 3/6 kills, I guess...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP