Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Scammers, Spammers and Bots...Oh My!

Grand_Wazoo
Grand_Wazoo
✭✭✭
Trying to keep the internet predators from trolling this game for fast money is like expecting our government to protect our borders...as long as someone breaks the rules and profits from it they'll be on it like flies on stink. Hats off to Zenimax for trying to stay ahead of the problem, but these types evolve quicker than bacteria multiply.
Edited by Grand_Wazoo on April 15, 2014 6:06PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently what Guild Wars 2 does is to sell in-game money for real money themselves. I really am unsure how I feel about that.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • MkChkn
    MkChkn
    I'm less frustrated with the spammers and more frustrated with people who are feeding them cash
  • LoneWalker
    LoneWalker
    ✭✭
    It's everybody's fault. There are gold Sellers because there are buyers.

I found they are not insufferable in this game, all i need to do is ignore the ones that eventually show up in zone chat.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to play game called flyff. They would sell stuff on their sites that you could buy with cash, then sell them to players for in game money. I don't remember ever seeing RMTs.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.