Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which addon do I use for DPS?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Which addon do I use for DPS done in dungeons / trails and how much each one dealt DPS?

Can I detect fake tanks this way?

Thank you!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't see individual DPS, only the group's.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best one for checking your own DPS is Combat Metrics, and it will also show you the total group DPS and what % of it you contributed. If you want to see everyone's DPS live then they all must be using the same addons, typically Hodor Reflexes is used for DPS sharing. The other way to see everyone's DPS is to use ESO logs (no addon required), but this is not instant and must be uploaded and viewed later on ESOlogs.com
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • buldezir
    buldezir
    ✭✭
    live upload for ESO logs is almost instant. so u can check it after each wipe :)
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, how do I read this addon data. It's taken from the pledge in "Wayrest Sewers 1". Several CP810 were also there. That's why I am confused.

Zbeq045.png
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture you posted is your combat parse for a fight versus some Pellingare recruits and skeevers.

If you want to know your group's DPS, that's in the upper left by damage. You did 45.9% of the group damage, or 5041 DPS out of a group DPS of 10981.

The rest of it breaks down your stats, your sustain (regen vs drain), your buff uptime, and the percent of each of your damaging skills in that DPS count.

You'll get much more useful data if you look at the parse from a boss fight (if you want your percentage of group DPS) or a target dummy (if you want how good your sustain, buff uptime, and skill usage is. Killing a couple mobs doesnt really give useful data.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, why does it show 5K DPS if I had several critical hits of 21K? I know that it probably shows the average DPS during the fight.

However, I use the "Gear Setup 3 Beginner" set according to Alcast:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/

Shouldn't my average DPS be better?
    Edited by fetito666 on October 9, 2019 10:56PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    Ok, why does it show 5K DPS if I had several critical hits of 21K? I know that it probably shows the average DPS during the fight.

However, I use the "Gear Setup 3 Beginner" set according to Alcast:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/

Shouldn't my average DPS be better?

It probably shows 5k DPS because of the timing of the fight, and the fact that it was against mobs. I mean, a 21k crit means nothing if it was against a skeever, and the active fight time against that mob was 30 seconds. I'd guess there was a lot of dead time in that fight as you chased mobs, which will diminish your DPS.

Do a parse against a training dummy or a boss for a more reliable number.

Mobs are really bad for parses because they either inflate your numbers or lower them based on how spread apart or clustered up they are. If you want to feel really good about your DPS, go drop a bunch of AOE on the mudcrab swarms in Fungal Grotto 1. The DPS number is meaningless for actual boss fights, but it'll look fantastic.

So seriously, that picture isn't helpful for figuring out your actual DPS. If you want to know how you perform on bosses, you need to parse a boss fight or a training dummy.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 10, 2019 1:19AM
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, a training dummy it will be. Which one do you recommend?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    Ok, a training dummy it will be. Which one do you recommend?

There's several available. Go with whatever matches the level of content you are doing.
    A 3 million health dummy is roughly equivalent to a normal dungeon boss.
    A 6 million health dummy is roughly equivalent to a veteran dungeon boss.
    The higher health dummies are used for trial teams, and the Iron Atronach one is used for testing with buffs from a full trials raid.
    There's also the Precursor, a clockwork dummy equal to a public dungeon boss.

Personally, I'd start with the 3 million, and then move on to the 6 million if you are happy with the result. 6 million will test your sustain more than the 3 million.

I would not use the trial dummies, and especially not the buffed dummy because that's just unrealistic for dungeon situations. The buffs will just inflate your DPS parse. Likewise, don't use the Precursor as it will die too quickly to be a useful test of yoir dungeon DPS.

General goals on the 3 to 6 million health dummy:
    Normal dungeons: 10 to 20k DPS. Most players I see do 10 to 15k DPS, but higher is better for DLC.
    Veteran Dungeons: 20 to 35k DPS. Again, its better to be on the high side for DLC dungeons.