Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

quests for horses please!

EternalDiva
EternalDiva
✭✭✭
I see some lovely horses here and there and unlike skyrim etc you cant steal them or affordably purchase them. Id love some quests that we could do that would end in getting a horse. dont care about fancy armor. just love horses.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could get on board with that.

Unless you’re talking about a fully-leveled horse 60/60/60. ZOS would never approve of that due to riding lessons sales ...
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 60/60/60 is tied to your character not the mount.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    You can free a horse in ic i usually free him whenever i pass by and am drunk enough to care.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many potential collectibles that ZOS could have added as rewards for quests or achievements, but instead they rather focus on the crown store, because they prefer short term sales over long term reasons to spend time playing.

But hey, maybe they'll release another pet that you need to complete 100 dailies for, because grinding repeatables is so much fun! /s
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time horsewoman here, and having had horses IRL, I'm not so much into them in games. I like the "other" mounts. But sure, if they would add quests for some of them, I'd be for it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you might be able to convince ZOS to give you some horse mounts...just be prepared to have them split up into eight collectibles that take three months of event quests to get.

Horses = Indriks 2.0 :wink:
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    You can free a horse in ic i usually free him whenever i pass by and am drunk enough to care.

That horse is going to be the death of me because I have to free it every time.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did I see a gladiator mount in the prologue quest?
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

The black horse did look like a gladiator style one. Others were Bandaari and Frostbane, but that one I couldn't place.

Edit: It is the arena gladiator one and it was pure white. I have no excuses.
    Edited by Raisin on October 10, 2019 1:39AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

The black horse did look like a gladiator style one. Others were Bandaari and Frostbane, but that one I couldn't place.

Not the black one, the one Kasura has you ride on to get in/out of the abbey. The one with the crested helmet.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

Not the black one, the one Kasura has you ride on to get in/out of the abbey. The one with the crested helmet.

Yes that's the one I'm talking about -- the one that's not Bandaari or Frostbane and is wearing the gladiator armor. xP Was sure it was black to the point where I could visualize it, so my brain was up to some impressive ***!

More importantly, the names Pivot, Pom'el (Pommel) and Peri (Parry) were absolutely adorable.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    There are so many potential collectibles that ZOS could have added as rewards for quests or achievements, but instead they rather focus on the crown store, because they prefer short term sales over long term reasons to spend time playing.

But hey, maybe they'll release another pet that you need to complete 100 dailies for, because grinding repeatables is so much fun! /s

TRUF!

And in the process lose many customers because of always having their hands in your wallet.

if there is anything I have learned about ZO$ is that they care little to nothing of their current customer base, they will suck you dry for every dime you have and move on to the next when you leave.

Imagine for a moment if a company outside of video games was to treat their customers like game companies do....they'd be out of business overnight.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you’re talking about a fully-leveled horse 60/60/60. ZOS would never approve of that due to riding lessons sales ...

For a basic 0/0/0 mount I could see a quest like what we deal with for a free apartment. I could also see a more elaborate and time consuming quest line for getting something more interesting but still 0/0/0 because I agree Zos would not do a fully leveled mount. The only real issue is people would complain about the grind to get an interesting mount that did not cost gold or crowns.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the title and imagined my horses going on quests by themselves when my characters are offline.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

TRUF!

And in the process lose many customers because of always having their hands in your wallet.

if there is anything I have learned about ZO$ is that they care little to nothing of their current customer base, they will suck you dry for every dime you have and move on to the next when you leave.

Imagine for a moment if a company outside of video games was to treat their customers like game companies do....they'd be out of business overnight.

Banks?
    Insurance companies?
    “Religious” companies?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

For a basic 0/0/0 mount I could see a quest like what we deal with for a free apartment. I could also see a more elaborate and time consuming quest line for getting something more interesting but still 0/0/0 because I agree Zos would not do a fully leveled mount. The only real issue is people would complain about the grind to get an interesting mount that did not cost gold or crowns.

You can buy basic mounts with gold. I think the cheapest one is 10k
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »
    I read the title and imagined my horses going on quests by themselves when my characters are offline.

I have over 100 mounts, so they could have an epic mini-series of quests.

“Lord of the Horseshoes”
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

TRUF!

The next time I eat out, I’m gonna scream at the waiter that I paid for the base meal, so the drinks and dessert should be free. Otherwise, they are being greedy and no other company would do that.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this for all mounts tbh. I think every DLC should have a mount unique to that zone and a quest or vendors to buy it. People pay for the dlc so please stop throwing everything on the crown store and let us earn things ingame!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started the game, I thought it would take forever before I earned enough money to buy a horse. When you've been playing for a while, though, getting gold becomes a lot easier. :)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As has been said, free in-game mounts mean no extra revenue. Zo$ will be very careful to add anything free, unless it is a crown store/scam crate hook.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You can buy basic mounts with gold. I think the cheapest one is 10k

Yes, I know as I have at least one of them from when that was the only way to get a mount.
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    My horses are far too busy gambling with the Guar to go on quests.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see some lovely horses here and there and unlike skyrim etc you cant steal them or affordably purchase them...
    You can affordably purchase some of the most drab horseys.
    But all the prettyfied ones are crown store stuff. Because they want that extra profit!

But every now and then they also release one of those as login reward... ususlly suhc that they might not get so great sales for I suppose (at least that's how it looked to me)

But I definitely think it would be neat to see more of those to be earnable in-game as well. I mean, they do it with pets and with costumes as multi-part drop collection thing... and they do it with the Indricks as event thing... so... could do it with some other options as well I reckon...

I -especially- would love to see some of the "most basic" versions to become available in-game a while after their crown release. Like... the bears that came with Orsinium, it would be really nifty to get an option for the basic one now that itst been some years after that one dropped. Or basic camels on a thieves guild anniversary. Or basic wolves on a DB anniversary. Or the nix-ox quest-available for everyone who has morrowind at some anniversary there. Or some fabricant steed for CWC. Or basic senche in a couple years for elsweyr.
    Could be quest-related, or more likely purchase options with event tickets, to give people more of a choice...
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have it. It's called Psijic Order quests.
  • EternalDiva
    EternalDiva
    ✭✭✭

what is ic?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what is ic?

Imperial City. One of the districts (Nobles District?) has a horse that's being abused by legion zero soldiers. You can attack them and free the horse. You don't get anything for it IIRC, just warm fuzzy feelings for doing a good deed.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a quest to help a horse in Rivenspire, if you want to help horses and not be in a pvp area.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad thing is, when we finally did get "achievement" mounts (indriks) they where tied to massive months long grinds.

The sunspire mount is cool and another step *towards* the right direction though. Albeit incredibly hard to get, it serves as a targettable achievement and a trophy to ride when achieved.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad thing is, when we finally did get "achievement" mounts (indriks) they where tied to massive months long grinds...
    Well, duh.
    That do want us to spend money on crown mounts after all...