Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best way to save inventory space?

amanfr01
amanfr01
Hey guys.

So I don't suffer from atrocious inventory problems. In fact, a lot of my inventory would be saved if I didn't collect all provisioning and enchanting supplies I come by. That being said, I seem to be trying to level all the crafts. Would it be better to focus on a couple (e.g. Blacksmithing and Clothing for my Nightblade)?

Also, when it comes to provisioning, is there a more efficient way to level the craft skill without collecting absolutely everything that I find in crates and whatnot? I can't seem to look at the recipes I've learned without having all of the proper materials.

Additionally, is enchanting worth leveling whilst leveling other skills? Or should I wait until I max out BS and Clothing?

Just a few things I'm wondering about in order to gain the most efficiency of bag space while still leveling my crafts.
  • matthewameluxenub17_ESO
    There are boxes you can uncheck which will allow you to see all your recipes, whether you can craft them or not.

I suggest pick one or two provisioning recipes per "tier" to focus on, and only pick up mats for those. For example, on my current guy he picks up all beef, shank, and jus. Ignores everything else. A single crafting gives a ton of experience, so the skill should keep pace with the game with relative ease.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, since the food sell values are being nerfed probably looting ingredients is no longer a "problem".
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brake it up between alt characters and use mule characters for long term storage.

I'm playing 3 characters, one in each alliance and each is focusing on two crafts.
    Then i have 3 low level mules with 80 bagspace each that i use for long term storage.

Until ZOS decides to grant crafters better storage options, this seems to be the best fit for my playstyle ...
    ;-)
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    In case you dont know: each alliance has recipes only for them. That means that about 60% of materials you collected is useless, unless you want to cook on alt in different alliance too. Provisioning materials you can find for all existing recipes, also those which you cannot learn(can be shared from alt in other alliance no problem,but will not drop in your alliance zones). I know few AD recipes on my main which is Daggerfall templar, and all those came from AD alt.
    Best way to sort it out: look at your recipes, compare it with materials you have. If some of it doesnt show up in any recipe, it is mostly because it is required for other alliance recipe.
    If you dont have many recipes, simply ask for higher level(as skill not player level) provisioner in chat, and someone will help you sort it out.

This may help a bit:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Provisioning
  • amanfr01
    amanfr01
    Ah okay, I'll uncheck the box and see what I should start making.

I guess I won't worry about enchanting right now, then. Being in a trade guild will allow me to buy others' enchants. At least until I start an alt.

To everyone who responded, thank you! Having a shared bank space will be beneficial to having alts with other crafts. I'll probably do Enchanting/Alchemy on an alt.

• herrwulfenb16_ESO
    I've found enchanting and alchemy to be the biggest burdens on inventory space. Enchanting appears to be the hardest of the crafts to level so starting early might be beneficial.

As far as provisioning goes take a note of this (https://www.mediafire.com/view/?92uxkktj95349og) and only collect the food stuffs for recipes you intend to craft as you level as you can only have the one food buff active (for example I was only interested in pushing my health up so I ignored most of the food stuffs I found).

Clothing/blacksmithing/woodwork do not really strain my inventory too much as, apart from gems and crafting stones for styles and improvements, you're only looking at 4 items (cloth/ore/scraps/wood) for the level of items you are crafting so I didn't find carrying these a burden and so far my skills in these crafts has matched my character level.
  • imowen70_ESO
    I stopped doing all the crafting and am now just doing Blacksmithing, Provisioning and Alchemy. Even with just those I am always running back to craft and store things in the bank. I think inventory management is a big part of crafting. It adds a tiny bit of realism to the game. A real person can't lug around 100 iron ore, 25 turkey legs and 100 mushrooms and 200 flowers.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    And about enchanting:dont wait, you will find loads of runes, and you dont need skill to collect them, Create low level alt, and start doing enchanting. It has brackets same as armor so lvl 1-19, 20-29 enchants etc etc. Those sold by NPCs are quite expensive, and are only few basics(+health, +magicka, +stamina, some damage types). All jewelery enchants have to be crafted.
    Level up your alt to like lvl5 so you will have enough skill points to buy passives, and keep crafting glyphs. And to level up craft faster, trade glyphs for deconstruction with guildies/friends. Deconstructing items not created by your character give you about 300% more crafting XP(inspiration).
  • mechman29_ESO
    Quit grabbing everything in sight.