Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Dragon Rise screws the none Elsweyr owning players...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Sooo.... 2 guildies today came to me with legitimate gripes and complaints. And it's hard to argue with them.

They've done the last 3 events for the Onyx Indrik mount. And they've all 3 enjoyed it - and 2 of them are ESO+ users. All 3 of them do NOT own Elsweyr. They've purchased the 3 berries they needed, and were anxious to get the fourth... uh oh!! They can't get the tickets they require for the fourth berry... Well played Zenimax... you just screwed all their work for the last 3 events. Congratulations on your short sightedness! And I think you just lost two ESO+ subs... they were so mad, and I really couldn't do anything to help. None of them wanted to buy crowns to get event tickets as they think this is pointless...

Anyone else had this experience themselves, or had people come to them with the same thing??
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ players can get their tickets from the final boss of Moongrave Fane.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 6, 2019 12:33AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, most MMO’s require the latest expansion for the latest content and events, no? Plus, as @VaranisArano pointed out, they could do the DLC dungeons for tickets. And on top of that, Elsweyr is currently on sale.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can buy the tickets from the Crown Store for 2500 Crowns. Although, might be cheaper to buy Elsweyr.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Thank you for the constructive Moongrave Fane comment!! I didn't know that, and I'll tell them!! That's awesome - they've missed the first few days, but they should be able to get their berries at least (well 2 of them will).

The third, I might gift them that DLC ...

As for buying tickets in the crown store, they aren't going to blast money into a game that they feel is hiding stuff behind pay walls, and it would be a hard sell for anyone to convince them to give money to someone that just angered them - right? lol.

[edited to remove quoted comment.]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on October 9, 2019 4:56PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should also point out that one of them is the wife of another guy in our guild - and they have a family and are on a budget - and buying a second copy of Elsweyr just isn't in their budget right now. I still think it's silly when a family has to shell out money multiple times for everyone to play the expansion on their single PS4...
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I should also point out that one of them is the wife of another guy in our guild - and they have a family and are on a budget - and buying a second copy of Elsweyr just isn't in their budget right now. I still think it's silly when a family has to shell out money multiple times for everyone to play the expansion on their single PS4...

They're paying for two accounts though. If they wanted to they could easily share an account and just play on different characters. That way they only have one ESO+ subscription running and keep all their purchased and earned items for both. It's only fair that if you want two copies you'd pay for the two.
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that it doesn't screw people who didn't buy Elsweyr, but rewards the players who did. Are you sure the last berry won't be available during the Witches Festival in two (EDIT: [and a half]) weeks? 🤔
    Edited by mateosalvaje on October 7, 2019 8:31PM
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that it doesn't screw people who didn't buy Elsweyr, but rewards the players who did. Are you sure the last berry won't be available during the Witches Festival in two (EDIT: [and a half]) weeks? 🤔

Witches Festival is the first Q4 event, so it will offer the Pure-Snow indrik's berries.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have never offered the Indrik berries at more than one event.
    That said, it might be an idea that at the end of the year it would be cool if for the last event they offered ALL the berries so people could pick up the odd one they are missing. Maybe it wouldn't be long enough to earn enough tickets to pick up a full set but might work for in a case like this to get a missing one. And the Indrik pets, in case people missed those.
    I doubt they will though, but its a thought.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should have made people aware that did other events and got the 3 out of 4 berries then that they shouldn't bother trying to get the other 3 berries... so yes, they screwed them. They wasted their time completely.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really can see where these players are coming from. My BF and I live together and both enjoy gaming. We originally bought the gold edition of ESO with all the extra goodies, expecting that we would both get the extras. We were pretty dismayed to find out that only one of us got credit for having the gold edition and the other just had the base game. We had to buy Summerset and Elsweyr twice. We have to pay for two ESO+ subscriptions. We can afford it but I can see where others might not be able to. I work for my guilds and have to maintain two alternate gamertags, neither of which I can really play with because I'm not going to spring for two more subscriptions or copies of chapters/DLCs. Other companies have family subscription rates or allow all players in the same household or console to access the subscription (like Xbox Live Gold). I really wish ZOS would come out with that kind of a pricing model. In the end I bet it would make them more money. People who don't buy subscriptions now because they can't afford more than one individual subscription would likely pay a little bit more for one the entire family could use.

The pricing model that ZOS uses does lead to a lot of people being left out of event benefits. It's a shame.
    Edited by LadySinflower on October 9, 2019 12:07PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should have made people aware that did other events and got the 3 out of 4 berries then that they shouldn't bother trying to get the other 3 berries... so yes, they screwed them. They wasted their time completely.

Pretty sure the tickets weren't the only reward for participating in the events ... And if they were doing things they didn't enjoy just for digital bling, that seems to me the real issue. Fun should pretty much always be the real reward for playing a game.

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »

Pretty sure the tickets weren't the only reward for participating in the events ... And if they were doing things they didn't enjoy just for digital bling, that seems to me the real issue. Fun should pretty much always be the real reward for playing a game.

Of course it's fun- why? Because the fun is in the growth. That's what draws us to MMORPGs isn't it? And if that growth is stopped unexpectedly, then of course - you feel like you've wasted time with the previous tasks.

I ask you this... You are going to cook dinner for the family.... chicken dinner... and you go out, buy the ingredients, prepare them all and lay the table only to find that, at the last minute, the cooker has been removed from your plans - don't you feel like the previous efforts were all a waste?

This was poorly planned by ZoS - and I think their silence on this thread might be telling. I'm hoping it alerts them to maybe coming up with a proper fix for it. Like at the end of the year putting ALL berries, feathers and collectibles in the Impresario... oh, and make the final event available for base game players.... this is what I hope for...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadySinflower - summed up beautifully by the way.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadySinflower - summed up beautifully by the way.

Thank you!
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some comments that only served to bait and disrupt the discussion in this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ejswentura
    ejswentura
    Soul Shriven
    Bought ESO few years ago, played for fun, enjoyed it (mind that ESO price was around 40-45 of my workhours to buy a copy), i tried my best to obtain this berries and finally i got my 4 berries that was i think in 2Q, Due to my job i couldnt participate in Q3 "ticket" event, so now i left with 2 feathers, i planned to obtain remaining 2 feathers in 4Q but since its only for Elsweyr Chapter owners my whole effort to obrain mount is completly pointless, so now im left without mount:(. I know i could buy Elsweyr chapter, but its way to expensive in my country and thats just now worth. Limiting event just for New dlc users is a di#kmove from Zenimax.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mad because you dont have the dlc? You have 2 options:

1. Continue to not own it and complain about those who do.
    2. Buy it.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

2. Buy it.

Mad because you didn't read fully my post? You have 2 options:

1. Read it and comprehend it.
    2. Ignore the thread and move on.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

2. Buy it.

Little late to drag this back up after the event is long over, don't you think?
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed!

ALL berries will be available during the New Life Festival, with a total 5 tickets possible per day!

Yaaaaaaaay! 😁
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Life Festival is base game event btw 💖
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ should include all content, including newest stuff. I've been an ESO+ member since it was released, so I've spent hundreds of £ on this game. I don't see why they don't add an access to latest content for ESO+ subscription over a year. That would incentivise a lot more people to go ESO +,.

Hell, they could even add a subscribe for 6 months up front and get access to the latest content.

Guaranteed income is better than potential income from sales