The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Group Dueling

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
So people have been asking for something new for PVP and they want small group PVP but not the 3 way fight we currently have in battlegrounds.

So my suggestion would be group dueling. It would be the exact same as individual dueling but with groups. The only stipulation would be the groups have to be the same size. Additionally, this should be an easy thing to implement. No new maps to create. No new gear to create. Just have to put in the code to allow two groups to duel.

So basically the group leader of one group will invite the group leader of another group of the same size to a group duel. Then the two groups go at it. I also think resurrection should be allowed because the duel would just turn into each side focuses one player until eventually there is a two on one scenario. And, I also believe that keeping the other team from being able to res is a necessary part of the game. Now of course that could lead to a really long fight so there should also be a timer and the side with the most kills wins.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These kind of suggestions would win my vote over quest content and so on, but we're a small minority - Also, a lot of emphasis on res but I doubt anyone would get a res off in that environment.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    These kind of suggestions would win my vote over quest content and so on, but we're a small minority - Also, a lot of emphasis on res but I doubt anyone would get a res off in that environment.

I agree that getting a res off would be difficult which is a good thing. But, I don't think it should be not allowed. I mostly put it in because I know there are people that don't like the res thing.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent suggestion. I would add that I don't think equal group size has to be enforced by the system - it would be up to groups to decide.

Hoping very much that group dueling will be included - thinking of the GvGs that could be organized at all kind of interesting locations!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • SundarahFr3akinrican
    I would absolutely love this. I actually just made a reddit post about this the other day. https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/dc4yup/party_dueling/
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the idea, with the caveat that a radius around wayshrines and crafting stations prevents dueling too close to them. Over 20 people dueling would look like a riot situation the guards would want to put down before NPC property gets destroyed.

I feel like that house they released in Craglorn was made for this type of thing. It could encourage guild competition as well as excellent practice for new PvP players to get their feet wet outside a 1v1 before Cyrodiil.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a sick idea but it would need to be removed from major cities. I like the idea of being able to duel in groups anywhere we choose, there is some awesome terrain and structures out in open world that would make a great setting for group duels.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    I group duel all the time in cyrodill whever i kill a solo player with more than one good duel sir
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    So people have been asking for something new for PVP and they want small group PVP but not the 3 way fight we currently have in battlegrounds.

So my suggestion would be group dueling. It would be the exact same as individual dueling but with groups. The only stipulation would be the groups have to be the same size. Additionally, this should be an easy thing to implement. No new maps to create. No new gear to create. Just have to put in the code to allow two groups to duel.

So basically the group leader of one group will invite the group leader of another group of the same size to a group duel. Then the two groups go at it. I also think resurrection should be allowed because the duel would just turn into each side focuses one player until eventually there is a two on one scenario. And, I also believe that keeping the other team from being able to res is a necessary part of the game. Now of course that could lead to a really long fight so there should also be a timer and the side with the most kills wins.

Well I don't think that I would use this feature but if it keeps ballgroups out of Cyrodill, then I'm all for it!
    I also think that there doesn't even have to be a restriction to make groups of even size. Just show the size to both parties and they will figure it out.

If this was taken to a higher level as for example sieges of a single castle, then I would definitely pop in.