Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Should I reroll?

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
I dont like how my Imperial Sorcerer looks like. And it really bothers me and has me regretting creating my character so fast. I am currently lvl 16 and it takes forever to lvl. Im thinking of deleting my toon because I like the name and it would fit better on a dark elf.

I really leanred a lot about the class and game and thinking if I reroll I would be better at playing the sorcerer. Should I reroll? Start all over from lvl 16 back down to 1? lol
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make another character, and play with him a bit. If he passes the first character you had, then go head and nix him.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • matthewameluxenub17_ESO
    Second characters always level faster. If you are going to do it, may as well do it now. Otherwise come up with a second name and leave your first one be for a while.
  • wretch200
    wretch200
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with demendred, if you like your new char, that would be the time to delete your 1st. dont be too hasty.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    They'll probably add character remodelling at some time.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am not a huge fan on how my imperial looks either. The problem stems from the fact that he is too small... But... I am already halfway to 50.. might as well play him through and see what I end up going with.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes OP you should.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    What demendred said. Did this with my first character which was an Imperial Temp. That character is now a mule.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they add option to change your character appearance in game, it will be like in other games, hair style, make up, some scars maybe, small cosmetic features. Dont expect plastic surgery and being able to change everything including race, face etc etc.
    So if your character look makes you unhappy, just start new one, you will learn even more about class, and as others said, second time is always faster, as you know build, skills. I think i had 4 templars before i was finally happy with mine, and all reached lvl 4-10 ;p Dont rush, just reroll.
    Unless its just hair style, that will be easy to change sooner or later in game.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a Redguard lass (yes, one of my characters is a girl ... flirt with me) and tried to give her the "muscle" look but I went a bit overboard on the posterior slider.

Her backside looks mahoosive.

Sadly she's my main and just hit VR1 so deleting isn't an option .... might have to find some "slimming" pants.
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    When the game first launched the 5 day early access I jumped in and grabbed 4 of the 5 names I had selected for my toons. Not wanting to risk loosing the names I played 2 of the toons after finishing early on the facial details. On 2 toons I deleted the toon late at night and created another with more time figuring most people that wanted the name had already tried and failed to get it, and being late, or early depending on your time, less people on to try to get the name. I was successful on both late night recreation attempts.
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a Redguard lass (yes, one of my characters is a girl ... flirt with me) and tried to give her the "muscle" look but I went a bit overboard on the posterior slider.

Sadly she's my main and just hit VR1 so deleting isn't an option .... might have to find some "slimming" pants.

What is VR1? I keep seeing VR1 and VR2. What does it mean?

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you redoing your character, there is no need to be afraid about name. Here is a little trick i posted earlier, and it is working:
    ---
    There is a way. Create alt with name you want to have, pay no attention to appearance. Once done start making your ''real'' character BUT dont put anything into Character Name field. Spend as much time creating it as you wish, as you have name secured. Then, once you 100% happy with your look, press BACK on left side, it will take you to character select. Delete character with desired name. After that click CREATE, and your previous settings will be there still. Did that myself, took me over 1 hour, and i could do this, and have my name after deleting ''nameholder''.

Game will reset appearance settings only if you quit it during the process. To be 100% sure try it yourself, just change hairs or makeup and do BACK, then CREATE again. It wont change.
    ---

Few people tried it, i did it several times myself, so my friends so you can really take your time knowing your name is safe.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/490604/#Comment_490604

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »

@Gothlander it's Veteran Rank... it's the post 50 stuff.
  • Dimachaerus
    I'm not all that happy about my orc either, because of the zoom bug.

I really hope they will make a npc that can change everything, not just your hair, they could make it cost a lot so that it works as a gold sink.

And if that's not an option, then maybe they could add a edit button on the log in screen.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    For me the appearance of my characters is important. Sometimes you do not realize if it is good or bad until you play for several hours. Some defects appear only in movements or some special skill animations...

I rerolled my main character 2 times around level 10. Now I am lvl50 and happy. I know I would not be that happy if I would not enjoy the look of my main.... so yes, my advice - start a new character.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally think, for some MMO players, the very first character they make, isn't their end game character they have now. My main isn't.
    Edited by demendred on April 15, 2014 6:28PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea @Beryl exactly same. I deleted my first templar only because i went a bit too far with backside size slider, as one poster above ;p Playing it felt just wrong as i couldnt stop thinking ''damn this is too big...''.Literaly couldnt stand looking at this SIZE for hours i play;p
    So yes for some of us character look is very important. Not 50 yet, taking very slow path and spending far too much time in Cyro but i know i am happy with my templar look 100%. So again, if OP feels same like us, just reroll mate.
  • dreildragb14_ESO
    If you don't like the imperial looks make sure you don't watch them dance, their dance is so horrible and needs a lot of art and animation loving.
  • Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes you should. Play the character you want to play.

1-16 can be done in a weekend, its a drop in the time bucket compared to 1-50 and VR content. You'll probably do 1-16 faster this time since you'll know where things are and how to spec for certain fights.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »

Once you hit "50" it puts you as veteran rank 1.

As of now there are 10 veteran ranks. It's just more levelling really but you can do the other factions zones.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I'm pretty big on looks myself, and my first character had the creation bug where I couldn't scroll in, but I managed. Although, I'm not sure I dig the facial hair I picked and the way it looks with certain helmets. However, I fully expect them to eventually release cosmetic changes like hair and such eventually. I wouldn't hold your breath for a race change though. You are probably better off remaking now before you get any farther, in that case.

The good news is that your second character will go much faster, now that you have the knowledge and play style figured out from your first go at it. You can skip quest text and select skills that are much more efficient to get to the point where you were before much quicker.