Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A summer palace in Anequina!

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, this is my finished Moonsugar Meadow house (after what seemed like an endless crafting of Elsweyr floors :D). I had a lot of fun decorating it, I think it’s an absolutely beautiful template house, and it lends itself to many interpretations, not just because of the sheer expanse, but also due to variability in the terrain and natural features. My theme was a small summer palace in Anequina, and the idea for it was inspired by @Zypheran’s beautiful, mind-blowing custom build, so special thanks to them for sharing it! With houses so big as the meadow, it’s difficult to make them look cohesive while making the most of all the areas; I managed to fit most of the elements I wanted, though I wouldn’t say no to ~100 more slots to make some areas look less sparse. Another downside (which could be an upside, I guess, depending on what builds people have in mind) was the rocks in the middle of the main area. It’s a pity we don’t have the option to remove them. My solution was to build above them, but some peaks are still visible. I found the landcape suited really well to all the conservatory items from the Rimmen NPC vendor, and since I used only the central part of the whole area, I removed surrounding plants and used them elsewhere ;) Besides plants, the house comes with a few massive structures, that I also made use of. It was a nice to have a few furnishing items come with the house, even though it was sold as unfurnished. If I had more space I might have done something to include the waterfall, and the rest of the water, but either way I like how it turned out. Please let me know what you think, the house is open in the EHT community, so you’re welcome to drop by and have a look!

https://youtu.be/n9s8DY65C6k

Screenshots:
653r2rydr5hq.png
aaqz1k3evubi.png
4ycynjappv1y.png
duolp0991cr9.png
6rran8tbfy30.png
osvqeog8jjmn.png
ae4tbuffe9ct.png
af7rizoib1v5.png
7ao392afuf7v.png
dc45uz2vi9az.png
2lyna3kga3rv.png
rxeaspu3sdlb.png
kpdv1p6p87qs.png
y9tngor76lch.png
ndg47r52w11u.png
yvmg2eg5x5o7.png
l76ggkg8sdzw.png
kf4jtem6dve9.png
15vrln4edehs.png
hdd7bfcg2b3w.png
y9j0eop7yqfz.png
Edited by Jaimeh on September 6, 2019 2:33PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! :) What did you use for windows in the rounded room with the crescent rug?

I wonder if it might be possible to put arching under the temple piece used as a focal point in the first two screenshots? Or either lower it a bit or build up the walls on either side of it? Or narrow the opening? I think any of those options could make it look more integrated into the structure.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 Thank you! The windows are made by the 'redguard fence' in that room. It's definitely possible to put arches underneath--in fact on the PTS I had an arch and columns for the front shrine and walls, but due to lack of slot space (I'd have to do it for the back shrine as well) I decided to leave them bare on live.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very impressive build @Jaimeh! Thank you for sharing your walk through. I especially loved the intimate seating area; such a lovely and tranquil space you’ve created. ❤️
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Very impressive build @Jaimeh! Thank you for sharing your walk through. I especially loved the intimate seating area; such a lovely and tranquil space you’ve created. ❤️

Thank you so much Delphinia! <3 I'm glad you liked my build! If you mean the little nook in the wall, it's great for sitting and playing the esraj emote =)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    @ErinM31 Thank you! The windows are made by the 'redguard fence' in that room. It's definitely possible to put arches underneath--in fact on the PTS I had an arch and columns for the front shrine and walls, but due to lack of slot space (I'd have to do it for the back shrine as well) I decided to leave them bare on live.

How clever! Thank you for the info! :) I love it when people use pieces in creative ways that fit so well it looks to have been designed that way!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

How clever! Thank you for the info! :) I love it when people use pieces in creative ways that fit so well it looks to have been designed that way!

You're welcome! That's one of my favourite aspects of housing too :) In a way it's a good thing that we don't have furnishings for everything, so that we have to get creative =)
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jaimeh this is a magnificent build. It's so impressive in its scale. I appreciate the way you have managed to create such a vast space while still finding little sections that create tranquil corners.
    The bridge out to your practice dummy is very well done. I love how you used the smaller bridges with the gap between.
    I am truly flattered that you would take some inspiration from my build and am impressed by what you have created.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    @Jaimeh this is a magnificent build. It's so impressive in its scale. I appreciate the way you have managed to create such a vast space while still finding little sections that create tranquil corners.
    The bridge out to your practice dummy is very well done. I love how you used the smaller bridges with the gap between.
    I am truly flattered that you would take some inspiration from my build and am impressed by what you have created.

Thank you so much! I'm always taking inspiration from your house tours (the Gorinir estate is one of my favourites), and I think you're a master builder, so I'm thrilled you liked my build! :) I would have liked to include more of these niches (in the original plan, for instace, there was something else where the moongate is), but there wasn't enough space in the end. I like how that kiosk area turned out as well, it looks especially nice in the night-time because of the glowing atro =)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful by day, gorgeous by night. Also, A+ (IMHO) for the dramatic scale, flawless alignment, grand courtyards, private terraces and, of course, those sweeping views that catch you by surprise as you ascend a stair or take a corner. Great work (as usual) J. ;)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ... and for the subtle terraforming, of course ;)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Beautiful by day, gorgeous by night. Also, A+ (IMHO) for the dramatic scale, flawless alignment, grand courtyards, private terraces and, of course, those sweeping views that catch you by surprise as you ascend a stair or take a corner. Great work (as usual) J. ;)
    R_K wrote: »
    Oh ... and for the subtle terraforming, of course ;)

Thank you R_K, what kind words!!! :) I like the views too; my plan had intented more potted plants and vines along the colums in the first room, but I had to leave everything bare out of necessity, though I kind of like the starkness now. Interior decorating is not my forte, but when it comes to just building stuff I'm at my happiest, so I was really excited that the meadow had so much space to offer! =)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I visited your plaice last night and it is all the more impressive in person — so expansive! :smiley: I like how you used Elsweyr columns along the twin stairways as well as on the upper level — it fits very well and looks so grand! I love how you’ve incorporated all the major furnishings from Elsweyr too! Very impressive build with many grand views! :smiley:
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    I visited your plaice last night and it is all the more impressive in person — so expansive! :smiley: I like how you used Elsweyr columns along the twin stairways as well as on the upper level — it fits very well and looks so grand! I love how you’ve incorporated all the major furnishings from Elsweyr too! Very impressive build with many grand views! :smiley:

@ErinM31 Thank you so much for visiting, and letting me know your thoughts on the build, I really appreciate it! I liked how the set-up with the colums on the second room turned out as well, especially because I had some trouble with figuring out the inner 'balcony': just add more columns :sweat_smile:

Thank you again! :heart: