The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change to gamepad mode broke dodge functionality for console

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Dodge on console as always worked by pressing and holding A, then tapping LT to dodge in one action without spending stam on anything else. This patch, the functionality of jumping on controllers was changed so that you jump when you press the A button, rather than when you release it. For console this means that in order to dodge, you must FIRST hold down block, THEN press the A button. If you are actively in combat, this means you are FORCED to spend stamina blocking 1-2 ticks of incoming damage in order to dodge. Additionally for players that have become accustomed to the old way of dodging, there have been numerous occasions where they've simply jumped in the air holding block in the middle of combat instead of dodge rolling.

Can we get a dev comment on this? Pretty infuriating that this was somehow overlooked.
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same on PC with a xbone controller. It's added a new layer of difficulty to vet trials...which we all know the devs don't play lol. Rumors around guilds suggest the change was made to help prevent the pvp longjump exploit.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Makes combat more clunky. So... par for the course?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew I wasn't crazy when my dude jump blocked instead of dodge rolling...
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has become an big issue for solo play in pvp and pve an like can we get dodge roll back please jumping while blocking aint doing anything good for being 1vXed by zergs in pvp and trash mobs in pve