The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Awesome legendary reward boxes! Thank you ZOS! (Spoilers)

• logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the gifts, developers! The costume is awesome, maybe I even use it one day.

I also want to add, that in my opinion Elsweyr so far is the best chapter. The story is cool, the area is great, even the prologue radiant quests this time are meaningful (not like this jest you made for Murkmire DLC). I would love to see more such a content in the future.

Though, I should say it again. Overall Vestige story is a big mess now. Newcomers often ask, where is the start of the story, they are at lost. You must do something with the story sequence and its consistency one day. And, yeah, older content needs an improvement as well.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the costume on bestial races?

I quite like it on my female Khajiit, will have to see what it dyes like.

unRJeEj.jpg
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    I got a JC Master Writ (granted it is a legendary craft) that's worth 635 writs, lol. I thought that was pretty nice.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Bekkael wrote: »
    I loved the rewards! It was so much fun opening all the boxes, then traveling around to several of my houses to distribute some of them. Did anyone else get several furnishing items, apart from the attunable stations and practice dummy? I got 2 coffers, an urn, some fish for the hearth, a lighting object, and I think one other thing I can't remember right now. :lol:

Oh boy how's ZOS gonna top this It's-Christmas feeling for New Life? :)

It doesn't take much, as I'm very easy to please. :wink: And I love New Life, I think it's my favorite event. :heart:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have yourself a little old Merry Fishmas yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

48861464432_305675da14_c.jpg
    Merry Fishmas
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best boxes ever,could be anything in there. :)

qScZMEq.gif
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes indeed, really very nice rewards. I was surprised. Thank you.

Seems everyone got the same core items and the other stuff was random. For example I got no gold tempers but did get some gold master writs and purple jewelry crafting mats.

Love the training dummy and the pile of gold. And very happy with the crafting stations. I made mine as Julianos because that's the gear I tend to make the most to sell.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facepalm (at myself) time: I just realized that I misread the blog post. The treasure pile isn't a lootable furnishing, it's just a very pretty thing. Or ... hmm ... currently in the blog it says:

"The final reward is more than an audacious display of wealth you can place in your home, however. It also features a series of lootable bags that provide all kinds of amazing items, including a new target dummy. However, that’s not all, as during Dragon Rise you can also unlock bonus XP and gold acquisition for the whole Northern Elsweyr zone!"

But I am seeing quotes from other players posted before today that say:

"The FINAL REWARD "Dragons Treasure Trove Furnishing" is more than an audacious display of wealth you can place in your home, however. It also features a series of lootable bags that provide all kinds of amazing items, including a new target dummy. You can find these INSIDE the furnishing ONCE you have placed it in your HOME."

That latter is what people were talking about, I know there was a lot of speculation about how the lootable treasure pile would work. But now it seems you just get the cascading boxes as a crown bundle (for free) and the treasure is non-interactable. I wonder if they changed it or if players got confused and spread the wrong info?

Either way, the rewards are awesome! My first crafting stations and target dummy, hurray!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    That latter is what people were talking about, I know there was a lot of speculation about how the lootable treasure pile would work. But now it seems you just get the cascading boxes as a crown bundle (for free) and the treasure is non-interactable. I wonder if they changed it or if players got confused and spread the wrong info?

Yeah I totally thought it would be an interactable furnishing. :(
    Maybe they could tweak that in the future. Interact with it to throw up a shower of gold coins or something.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 7, 2019 8:16PM
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you this is amazing. My Eu toon got everything just fine. I did NA second and clicked x instead of opening to see the messages. It seems to have resulted in the treasure pile furnishing not being shown in list. I did get access to all the inventory rewards though :) Totally blown away!
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    davapoole wrote: »
    for the first time in 4 years playing this game i have to say wow to zos an awesome set of rewards well done and thank you and hope the cats get the $200k too

I'm not trying to be negative but last year we got a mount a pet and a beautiful gigantic mansion so I'd give them a little bit more credit.
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    for the first time in 4 years playing this game i have to say wow to zos an awesome set of rewards well done and thank you and hope the cats get the $200k too

I just looked at the money meter https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/slaydragonssavecats
    We're halfway through the event and it's not even at 10% yet.
    Looking pretty tight. And people are gonna do the prologue quest starting tomorrow so Dragons might get a breather.
    Well, actually people might still be fooling around with their new prezzies ;) so even the prologue might take a back seat.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 7, 2019 8:34PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just looked at the money meter https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/slaydragonssavecats
    Looking pretty tight. And people are gonna do the prologue quest starting tomorrow so Dragons might get a breather.
    Well, actually people might still be fooling around with their new prezzies ;) so even the prologue might take a back seat.

The cat event goes until December 9th... We have a LOOOOOOONG way to go on it
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    How is the costume on bestial races?

I quite like it on my female Khajiit, will have to see what it dyes like.

Thanks. Quite statuesque on Visage but then you notice the teeth. Cool.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    The only furnishing I got was a pile of turmeric, which is pretty sweet. Now I'm trying to decide a good all around set to attune the crafting stations to, given that I am happy with my main's gear and none of my alts are 50. /happy dithering

That's exactly the problem I'm having, and why I've always hesitated on getting attunable stations before. I don't know which set/s I'll want to make enough to justify it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was selling that stuff. You mean we can actually use it? I thought we are suppose to sell "treasure" items since they don't do anything.

Did I just sell my stuff that was actually useful?
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I was selling that stuff. You mean we can actually use it? I thought we are suppose to sell "treasure" items since they don't do anything.

Did I just sell my stuff that was actually useful?

No, you're fine. The "treasure pile" is a collectible furnishing that goes straight into collections. The dragon's treasure items are for vending.

On another note, oops, I didn't get an actual pile of turmeric, I got the recipe for it. So I can make it later. I got confused since I previewed it on ESO Fashion and thus thought I'd seen the item.
    Edited by Donari on October 7, 2019 9:09PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much @Donari for the reply. Good to know I didn't screw up then. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Very cool rewards!

Only thing i did not like was that the 10 'yellow' reward boxes were character bound.
    And i happened to grab these rewards on a lvl11 alt

So, i ended up with 3 pretty useless lvl11 purple sets
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Though, I should say it again. Overall Vestige story is a big mess now. Newcomers often ask, where is the start of the story, they are at lost. You must do something with the story sequence and its consistency one day.

"If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future, and your former present becomes the past, which can’t now be changed by your new future." - Hulk, Avengers: Endgame

Basically, the content can be played in the order in which is was chronologically released. But playing it out of order (experiencing time as a Daedric vessel) is not going to change the outcome of the story. There's no "end" yet, and the beginning is somewhat relative.
    signing off
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

The cat event goes until December 9th... We have a LOOOOOOONG way to go on it

Ah okay I found it now. "Working with GlobalGiving, we're thrilled to be able to help support pets in need by donating to two amazing charities: Best Friends Animal Society and FOUR PAWS. Want to do your part for the cause? From now until December 9, 2019, defeat Dragons in game and we'll donate $1 for every five (5) beasts slain, up to a maximum of $200,000."

:puts away goad:
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very cool rewards!

Only thing i did not like was that the 10 'yellow' reward boxes were character bound.
    And i happened to grab these rewards on a lvl11 alt

So, i ended up with 3 pretty useless lvl11 purple sets

OUCH
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Though, I should say it again. Overall Vestige story is a big mess now. Newcomers often ask, where is the start of the story, they are at lost. You must do something with the story sequence and its consistency one day.

"If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future, and your former present becomes the past, which can’t now be changed by your new future." - Hulk, Avengers: Endgame

Basically, the content can be played in the order in which is was chronologically released. But playing it out of order (experiencing time as a Daedric vessel) is not going to change the outcome of the story. There's no "end" yet, and the beginning is somewhat relative.
    No offence, but I can't agree with Hulk here. It's a bad way to tell a story. Period.
    Edited by logarifmik on October 7, 2019 9:35PM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Yeah, but playing it out of order does effect the player's experience of that story. Which, since this is a game, is kind of the important thing.

And sure, you can still play it in order - but how obvious is that order to someone new who hasn't looked up a guide? (and may not even know there's a need to do so)
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely THRILLED with this. I was a little disappointed with my regular gold boxes but these more than made up for it! I'm staying in Elsweyr forever now. lol.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, ZOS, indeed, as the prizes had something for everyone. Most were quite lovely!
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pet...meh

not bad costume (boring but still not bad)

AWESOME colossus dummy

and lotsa riches furniture is great too

thank you ZOS, cool rewards and nice event =)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well looks like a nice start.
    Crappy performance?..here's some fluff loot...now go buy Elsweyr.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, ZOS only help Cats?

so ZOS hate Dogs...

You just won a sworn enemy ZOS.
    Edited by Chicharron on October 7, 2019 10:26PM
  • Karz
    Karz
    Really fun event and AMAZING rewards from ZOS.
    THANK YOU!!!