Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clash of Fire and Fang music box too quiet!

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I had to turn off game music entirely, and turn up the Effects channel to 100 to barely be able to hear it!

Can music boxes please replace game music in homes when they are active? And at a reasonable volume please?
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 6, 2019 4:15PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I keep my FX audio channel low, else I am deafened by combat FX... but it means I can never hear FX on my mounts, music boxes, or other "quiet" sounds.

Combat music/sounds *really* need to be their own slider!!!!
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in proximity of the Music boxes overworld music should be turned off.

Idk why they didn't implement this, seems like the smartest idea
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    When in proximity of the Music boxes overworld music should be turned off.

Idk why they didn't implement this, seems like the smartest idea

Sometimes this happens, but it's not reliable. It's so weird to be crafting in the basement of Gardner house and hearing a combination of zone music and the music box upstairs.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, the last two music boxes that have been added to the crown store (A Clash of Fang and Flame and Flickering Shadows) seem noticeably quieter than previous music boxes. I enjoy all the tunes and collect every music box so would love to see this addressed.

Increasing effects sound is also not an option, because then your ear drums get blown out by combat noises. As it is, I usually keep mine around 75-80 and these music boxes still sound low.
    Edited by Emathides on October 7, 2019 9:36PM
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not about the music. It's about how cool the box looks.
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    i must do a +1 to this, i bought this music box and compared to the other two u can barely hear it, i did turn off every other sound to be able to hear it, i suppose this shouldn't be like that.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, this thing is basically impossible to hear. I had it by the waterfall in the Psijic Villa and literally couldn't hear it at all with my volume maxed out.