Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Poor Tuesday!

prepstar
prepstar
✭✭
Hello friends,
(This is not a question, but more of an essay :smile:)
It is that day again...Tuesday! Terrible Tuesday, how you come so fast! As the notifications get bombarded with many of the same dialect from opening week with the "why does this...." or the "we should get free...because" and the ever so popular "this is the worst...." my heart can do nothing but only cry out just a bit from the slew of negative comments.

The rub of it is that I think these come from a place of simply being taken away from the game because you actually enjoy it. Take away the surface of having to pay this amount or the maintenance not being up to the standards of what you as a gamer expect going into the 2nd week of a pretty successful launch and I simply think it is because you like the game so much, being away from it is creating an "alter ego" for yourself. Mind you this is only what I feel and think and is definitely not based on facts lol.

Now I won't say I have not had my fair share of problems whether it be subscription not working properly or what have you, but I simply meditated and focused on the things about this game that I truly enjoyed and it made it worth the wait (having waited a week before I could even access the game). My issue is still not resolved, but I cannot take away from the actual greatness of the game because of some setbacks nor do I simply let those setbacks slide and you all shouldn't either. The difference should only be in how you confront the issue itself. Be graceful and mindful that nobody wants the things that are happening to happen, but as we progress into weeks and soon months, these issues will get smaller and smaller and the maintenance will become easier for the crew as well.

So to sum it all up, this is a thank you to the staff. Thank you for your hard work and for having to put up with so many of our problems in the best way you can. We appreciate the work and though at times we get a bit rambunctious, a very good majority of the players appreciate your work. There are some valid claims to some of the complaints, and I am not saying that some of these issues are not justified, BUT I just wanted to say thank you and I hope that Tuesdays will become less and less dreaded as time progresses.
  • Curtisloew
    Tuesday's almost "gone with the wind".
  • prepstar
    prepstar
    ✭✭
    I woke up late ha!
  • TaoRaven
    TaoRaven
    I get two days off a week. One of them is Tuesday. I purchased this game yesterday morning, with the intention of enjoying it on my days off. Sadly, I was not warned ahead of time that the game would be routinely down for 50% of my available weekly play time. I also expected that ESO would follow the industry standard of scheduling downtime in the middle of the night or early in the morning.
    How silly of me. I should have expected this to be a complete waste of time as well as money.